• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Right gents where are we headed this week?

Stable at first then will shoot up to around £1650 mark by tuesday/wednesday. Investors and depositors are not buying the narrative. The panic has already started and most media outlets are not covering it for obvious reasons. I think we will see 2 more banks collaspe soon. Deutchse bank will be rescued. They cannot let that bank "fail" but the repurcussions will still be immenient and felt across the market.

Edited by MrStacker

20 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Deutchse bank will be rescued. They cannot let that bank "fail" but the repurcussions will still be immenient and felt across the market.

If the Deutchse Bank fails does that mean the Euro will fail too?

As I understand it Germany is the largest and main financial backer holding up the Euro after all (backer is the probably the wrong term here but hopefully you get my meaning).

6 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

If the Deutchse Bank fails does that mean the Euro will fail too?

As I understand it Germany is the largest and main financial backer holding up the Euro after all (backer is the probably the wrong term here but hopefully you get my meaning).

No in short, or at least it’s not that simple.

DB has always had titanic derivatives positions - It’s ages since I worked there or took time to try and understand info in the public domain, but could be a factor   

However, I suspect pressure is likely to come from questions / stresses on capital adequacy and funding.  The usual.  DB is definitely one to watch.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Up on Monday. Down again on Tuesday.

Logic would suggest it should just go straight up straight away from here on in but my gut tells me it will hover around the £1600 mark for a few weeks first. I have no idea why I think this. It's jusy a feeling.

Edited by EdwardTeach

A good watch

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

51 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

At what interest rate will it make you think about liquidating some gold for higher returns of compounding interest? 

Gold outperforms everything 🤫

It's compound inflation and compound charges that destroys savings over time 🙈

Edited by Midasfrog

19 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Gold outperforms everything 🤫

It's compound inflation and compound charges that destroys savings over time 🙈

I don't have any compounding charges, zero debt, zero mortgage and I'm nowhere exposed to inflation as some.  At the moment even a modest increase of interest rate is returning more than the council tax, energy bills and food even allowing for inflation.....So it's like living for free.   For me answering my own question I'd liquidate some gold for 8-9% returns on savings.  No need to cover your eyes, I really do know what I'm doing!!  

25 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I don't have any compounding charges, zero debt, zero mortgage and I'm nowhere exposed to inflation as some.  At the moment even a modest increase of interest rate is returning more than the council tax, energy bills and food even allowing for inflation.....So it's like living for free.   For me answering my own question I'd liquidate some gold for 8-9% returns on savings.  No need to cover your eyes, I really do know what I'm doing!!  

But if you hold fiat you have compound inflation on that amount destroying any interest 

The only reason I have a cash pile is in case of a liquidity crunch throwing up opportunities. In a World where all bets are made good and no one is allowed to take a loss it's possible that crunch may never come.

In the meantime where are you getting 8-9% return on savings @GoldDiggerDave

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

The only reason I have a cash pile is in case of a liquidity crunch throwing up opportunities. In a World where all bets are made good and no one is allowed to take a loss it's possible that crunch may never come.

In the meantime where are you getting 8-9% return on savings @GoldDiggerDave

He is not stating he is getting those returns, he is stating those are the returns at which he would liquidate some gold as per his original question - unless I have read it completely wrong