• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Anyone keen to learn 

Get audible account 

Listen to losing my virginity Ricard branson

Shoe dog Nike founder 

How to get rich by felix Denis 

Add to that l

Listen to everything on YouTube and Spotify by James Sinclair

The time you invest will reap you so many more % appreciation than trusting a bank or investment vehicle 

30-50% I'm improved not pissy piddly micro percents 

Education and knowledge willl earn you so much more 

You can now listen to audio books through your library. It's pretty much the same as auditable but free. If anyone is interested then go to their local library website and follow instructions, pretty easy. 

Some people have healthy appetite for debt and some people avoid it if at all possible. I'm in the latter camp. Having a mortgage (debt) felt like having a millstone around my neck some years ago.  I paid it off as quickly as I could.  I have gotten to a point where I don't use a credit card unless I absolutely have to.  I like to reduce my support to the debt-based fiat ponzi monetary system where those in power are profiting handsomely from the borrowers.  I guess it's just me. 

When it comes to debt, I'm often mindful of the following proverb

"The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender "  - Proverbs 22:7

Gold is now GBP1588 (USD1928).  Not unexpected when we start seeing a house of cards falling. 

Boy, did that take an interesting turn fast... 👀

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Hmm hadnt really thought about it like that. Think half from each at least i still have a bit in both. Plus i wont have to touch the invested part of my ISA which is currently down £5k 🙄 and also cant put any more money in my isa than i already do so I can’t actually replace that money

like @Mtaybar said i can start buying back straight away with no limits on the gold

I'd definitely pay it off mate. It's the greatest feeling of relief to not be beholden to these bloody banks for a single penny. Total freedom of a kind!   I know a lot of people argue that if the mortgage interest is lower than that which you get back from your ISA then it's worth juggling, but I was just so happy to get rid of the bloody thing. It might also be worth considering that as long as your house is mortgaged it still kind of belongs to the bank and if for any reason they choose to foreclose......   I know someone that happened to, albeit quite a number of years ago now. They just sent him a letter one day demanding full repayment of his mortgage and they wouldn't budge an inch. Result - he lost his home despite never having missed a payment and as far as I know never received a reason for the foreclosure demand.

Edited by flyingveepixie

4 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

Some people have healthy appetite for debt and some people avoid it if at all possible. I'm in the latter camp. Having a mortgage (debt) felt like having a millstone around my neck some years ago.  I paid it off as quickly as I could.  I have gotten to a point where I don't use a credit card unless I absolutely have to.  I like to reduce my support to the debt-based fiat ponzi monetary system where those in power are profiting handsomely from the borrowers.  I guess it's just me. 

When it comes to debt, I'm often mindful of the following proverb

"The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender "  - Proverbs 22:7

Gold is now GBP1588 (USD1928).  Not unexpected when we start seeing a house of cards falling. 

That's my thinking to a tee.  Everybody is different.  I hated being in debt but my wife's cousin who 'owns' six luxury properties in exclusive locations loves it and doesn't see the point in paying off any of her mortgages.

Edited by flyingveepixie

Another bank to keep your eye on.  First Republic was mentioned here a few days ago so I went and looked at the share price this morning. It has bounced back very slightly on the 24 hour period, but look at the bigger picture over the last month, and especially over the last five days...

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.31.23.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.31.06.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.36.25.png

Edited by flyingveepixie

16 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Another bank to keep your eye on.  First Republic was mentioned here a few days ago so I went and looked at the share price this morning. It has bounced back very slightly on the 24 hour period, but look at the bigger picture over the last year, and especially over the last five days...

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.31.23.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.31.06.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 08.36.25.png

Yesterday, some large American banks put $30BN of deposits into First Republic hence the jump in share price: 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/first-republic-bank-shares-crash-exploring-strategic-options

6 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

I don't use a credit card unless I absolutely have to.  I like to reduce my support to the debt-based fiat ponzi monetary system where those in power are profiting handsomely from the borrowers.

I tend to agree.

That said, when I do have to use my credit card, I always smile at the thought that I'm helping to dilute the currency supply - consequently driving up the value of my PM holdings. 😉

I was going to buy last week just before this spike happened, since then I've been waiting for another dip. At this point I should probably just buy. Today's high prices may be next month's dip, so I may as well just get it and be done. If it dips now then whatever, it will come back up eventually. Not what I normally do though, I don't like being rushed!

7 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

I was going to buy last week just before this spike happened, since then I've been waiting for another dip. At this point I should probably just buy. Today's high prices may be next month's dip, so I may as well just get it and be done. If it dips now then whatever, it will come back up eventually. Not what I normally do though, I don't like being rushed!

Quick!!! Hurry!!!! Time is running out!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, SidS said:

Quick!!! Hurry!!!! Time is running out!!!!!!!!!

You're looking at a stopwatch, huh?

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

When you're trying to figure out where @Paul is and see that gold has broken £1,610/oz for the second time this week:

Spaceship Dont Look Up GIF - Spaceship Dont Look Up Launched Missiles GIFs

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

39 minutes ago, bluemoon said:

I'd buy.  Why?  because the 54 billion Francs which were pumped into Credit Suisse haven't really made much of a difference at all (see chart below) and investors are now bringing a class action lawsuit against the bank for playing down it's losses.  Also, the banking sector in general is down today across the board (see second chart below) and I reckon there is plenty more to come with this despite whatever reassurances Sanuk and Biden and that other old bag from the ECB who looks like an alien give. They're just the crooks at the top of the table and it's in their interests to fool everyone into thinking it's all ok.

Gold is on the up again now at £1609.06 as I write and all this banking trouble will drive it higher yet. (IMHO..😊)

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 14.33.16.png

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 14.29.09.png

Edited by flyingveepixie

1 minute ago, Lyrinn said:

When you're trying to figure out where @Paul is and see that gold has broken £1,610/oz for the second time this week:

Spaceship Dont Look Up GIF - Spaceship Dont Look Up Launched Missiles GIFs

Pauls is working outdoors today with the views of acres of fields & the smell of cow muck in the air and it's the warmest day of the year