• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

Wooow I remember my first gold purchase in 2018 , spot price was £900 , five years later and it’s £1600 now 

my cheapest gold was a 1/2 gold coin aussie nugget from @arshimo2012for £370 back in 08/2015

those were the days, all of us moaning and groaning "gold should be trading much higher than this ggrrrhhhhh the markets rigged and manipulated  "

On 15/03/2023 at 16:03, Midasfrog said:

Sell a couple of tubes of sovereigns while it's high and buy one Bitcoin or sell a bit more and buy a rental property and Let it for £800 / month income. The housing crash is here with 20% to 30% lower prices than last year.

🤔

Edited by flyingveepixie

from BBP newsletter 

Gold hits new all-time high in UK as banking crisis grows

Gold has hit a new UK price record for the second time this year following the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank on Friday. The failure of the regional US bank has sparked a wave of fear across financial markets, slashing billions off of the value of banks around the world.

So far gold has hit a new peak of £1,599.26 per ounce today, beating February's previous record of £1,592, and with market fear spreading to impact banks globally, it seems that £1,600 per ounce could be reached at any moment. Even in the US gold is up more than 6% in the past week, hitting $1,930.52 today, and could soon pass $2,000 per ounce.

Gold has seen strong gains this week following the collapse of SVB, including a new UK record. 

Markets had seemed somewhat calmer on Tuesday following the intervention of the Federal Reserve to safeguard SVB deposits, and the purchase of SVB's UK branch by HSBC. The collapse in share price for Credit Suisse today however has once again put bank stocks in the firing line, with trading suspended on many shares due to steep losses.

Credit Suisse is currently down 27.7% in trading today, with their primary investor ruling out any further liquidity from them. The collapse of Credit Suisse would be considered another Lehman Brothers moment, which many will remember kicked off the financial crisis in 2008. Fear is already spreading quickly throughout the market, and demand for precious metals has risen significantly, prompting the busiest ever Sunday for BullionByPost.

It is unclear how deep this crisis will go, and how quickly events will progress, but for gold this is just another addition to an already positive outlook, and it is hard to imagine that today's new record will stand for long given the current market conditions.

8 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

And the ATh's just keep coming....  I'm sitting here spellbound.

I must be a right sad git...  

I ought to pick my guitar up again and do something worthwhile....🥴

Not a sad git at all.  Great fun to watch!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Just now, MrStacker said:

£1610!!!! 😱

I don’t think I’ll be able to afford any gold coin on payday! 😂

I'm starting a clipping coin shop soon, will send you a business card by post... only special delivery covers business cards and clipped coins

I like to buy the pre-dip dip