• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

44 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

The markets are eagerly awaiting what Christine Lagarde (of the ECB) is going to say in a couple of hours time:

Lagarde.jpg

Another criminal fraudster!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

49 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

The markets are eagerly awaiting what Christine Lagarde (of the ECB) is going to say in a couple of hours time:

Lagarde.jpg

Jesus... it's to the moon then!

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Back up to 1600

CS has been leant £44.5 billion by the Swiss National Bank.

The market and gold are sniffing out if this is enough…doesn’t look like it.  

I don’t think it’s enough. It will still collapse this year. That’s my hunch. 

There's be plenty of ups and downs for the next few days. Downs on profit taking, and some relief at the potential bailout of Credit Suisse. Some ups (and potentially big ones) if any more banks do go belly up. Credit Suisse is in the 'too big to fail' category, but there are plenty of small regional banks that will still be struggling after this week. If another couple more go then gold could shoot up again.

We'll know more in a week or two (if all of this calms down) as to where the gold price settles.

4 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Im torn as to whether i want to sell half my stack half my ISA and pay off my mortgage. Hard to let go though as it can always go up!

Pay off your mortgage with all of your ISA keeping as much gold as you can. Will save you paying interest on your loan.

Your ISA is Fiat its loosing over 10% of it's buying power , gold is keeping up with inflation.

15 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Im torn as to whether i want to sell half my stack half my ISA and pay off my mortgage. Hard to let go though as it can always go up!

Check this site out to compare Gold with an ISA , Property , savings account ect . Gold out performs everything. 

WWW.https://remembergold.com  

Edited by Midasfrog

7 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Christine Lagarde 2008 Crash period and still around today 🙈

Web capture_16-3-2023_13041_news.sky.com.jpeg

What was really disturbing was a backhander of €400m just brushed off and no big deal, no scoop headlines, resignations or hounding.

Criminal Organisation.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

34 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Pay off your mortgage with all of your ISA keeping as much gold as you can. Will save you paying interest on your loan.

Your ISA is Fiat its loosing over 10% of it's buying power , gold is keeping up with inflation.

Hmm hadnt really thought about it like that. Think half from each at least i still have a bit in both. Plus i wont have to touch the invested part of my ISA which is currently down £5k 🙄 and also cant put any more money in my isa than i already do so I can’t actually replace that money

like @Mtaybar said i can start buying back straight away with no limits on the gold

48 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

What a great position to be in. Pay off your mortgage now, the stack and ISA can both be rebuilt. Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Hmm hadnt really thought about it like that. Think half from each at least i still have a bit in both. Plus i wont have to touch the invested part of my ISA which is currently down £5k 🙄 and also cant put any more money in my isa than i already do so I can’t actually replace that money

like @Mtaybar said i can start buying back straight away with no limits on the gold

Can't wait to see what treasures you start listing lol

7 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Waiting for a dip on the gold part of course!

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Can't wait to see what treasures you start listing lol

Ahhh now the support from memebers makes sense. “Sell sell sell!”

1 hour ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Why pay off your mortgage, your interest rate is significantly below inflation, which means your winning against the bank, as long as you use your money wisely and beat what your being charged in interest then you win, if your not sure you can then fair enough pay off the mortgage, but what ever you owe the bank right now is reducing by 10% real terms.  
just throwing this in as an alternative view.