• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Silver has outperformed Gold over the last 7 days by almost 2x and it's still a bargain 😁

I wasn't taking the mick with silver. More with that Andy fella. I stack silver too but every podcast episode I listen to regularly usually has him as a guest speaker and it can get annoying when he repeats the same thing over and over again. More of a marketing ploy as the bullion company he runs sponsors a lot of those gold/silver-related youtube channels.

Edited by MrStacker
typo

30 mins before the markets close and there is every chance that Gold will close at an all time high.

Looking at the markets, the senior management at a lot of banks will be working all weekend on funding, solvency and potentially mergers.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 15/03/2023 at 16:20, Lyrinn said:

image.png.4fd72d965b23727cf00586c956787179.png

Er... £1,650 by Friday?

So Hot Sweating GIF - So Hot Sweating Tensed GIFs

Oh no, what have I done?!?!?!1

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

2 hours ago, sellerstacker said:

One thing I don't understand - why did the ECB hike interest rates, especially given higher interest rates caused the banks' problems, which pretty much everyone knows? Anyone have a plausible answer other than - governments don't care about banks 🙃😄

Puts pressure on smaller banks, causing to close and distribute deposits to larger "too big to fail banks" making the depositors "whole" again.

loving it... cant see the central banks hiking in this environment.  they are fecked both ways.  although commodity prices are still falling 

Edited by CANV

All that's needed now is for the sheeple to lose confidence and I'd say the game is up.

They were fooled in 2008, so they could be fooled again.

The system is sick though and people are more aware this time that everything seems to be breaking down. I've been hearing it more and more since covid.

this is all controlled i think. Big banks take out the weaker ones.
Especially if they have a better 24-7 crypto - fiat network or lend to tech/blockchain firms. 😛 

They wont be happy with the moves in gold, but I do think there could be a panic.
Depends what the media are instructed to do I would say??

A financial meltdown - don't think so, they need trust for thier beloved CBDC's this year dont they? ;) 
Desperate attempts to wallpaper over a whole in the wall (if thats actually a saying)?? 

Im hoping silver breaks out personally even if for a week or more. 
Got KG's lying about only useful as door stops at the moment. :) 

Edited by Stacktastic

4 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

this is all controlled i think. Big banks take out the weaker ones.
Especially if they have a better 24-7 crypto - fiat network or lend to tech firms. 😛 

It's a big risk they are playing if so.

They can analyse and model data outcomes all they want. It could all work on paper. What they always fail to take into account is human nature, specifically irrationality.

France is having quite a day today.

Edited by SidS