• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 21/12/2022 at 03:26, AndrewSL76 said:

And please also return the label to PCGS if you do. Otherwise the census won’t be accurate.

There's a lot of duplicates from resubmitting, I'd be interested to know how man6 graded coins upgraded or even downgraded when resubmitted but it's only covered when sending in with the slab still on.

56 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Complete set of Silver 1oz Britannia Lunar Edge Privy coins.

I've had the last one (the Pig) for a couple of weeks, but I've been working out how to photograph the set.  What I chose ended up looking more like a stack of pancakes, but you get the idea.

image.thumb.jpeg.735d4264f84edcc243151734a236dac2.jpeg

I filled my typeset a while ago when the pig was even more expensive and yet more scratches on it...I think for 1 oz brits it takes round 40 coins to cover 97 through 23 with oriental edges, privy, mules, proofs.....and adds up quickly.

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

So where does one get a treasure box like that one? That's a hell of a target !

@Alun makes them I believe, and whilst I got this as part of a deal including sovereigns, I'd recommend it whole heartedly. Will hold 36 sovs or 1/4oz coins.

It's surprisingly compact also considering the three tiers. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Alun makes them I believe, and whilst I got this as part of a deal including sovereigns, I'd recommend it whole heartedly. Will hold 36 sovs or 1/4oz coins.

It's surprisingly compact also considering the three tiers. 

Yes they Look awesome. He does plain ones as well.

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

I filled my typeset a while ago when the pig was even more expensive and yet more scratches on it...I think for 1 oz brits it takes round 40 coins to cover 97 through 23 with oriental edges, privy, mules, proofs.....and adds up quickly.

Cool. I have all the normal ones, orientals and now the privy edges.  I have some of the specials, but nowhere near all.  I think I have over 40 already.  It is crazy.

Useful resource: Britannia UK - The Complete Silver Rounds Guide (britannia-uk.com)

Edited by Charliemouse

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

4 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Cool. I have all the normal ones, orientals and now the privy edges.  I have some of the specials, but nowhere near all.  I think I have over 40 already.  It is crazy.

Useful resource: Britannia UK - The Complete Silver Rounds Guide (britannia-uk.com)

so now mules, front or front n reverse..then the proofs, I think the average proof sits at about $200 each but gets higher...only problem I've found is the more you get the more you have to replace as milk spotting kicks in.even slabbed cant stop it..

29 minutes ago, Pandao said:

Find 100g gold bar at home

bought in 2011 and the price back then it’s as same as it now    :(  

bad investment? 92BB13BC-9986-43EA-98C4-2EB72AF494E9.jpeg.ac36627cb84e63b2b5c0f5ba4e2663f1.jpeg

Probably you payed to much premium?

Should be 45.57% increase

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk