• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I only have the 2007 & 2010, special years for me. I do have an almost complete bullion Brit date run which as you said takes up enough real estate!

it does that, mines in the full collection post....a black alun box for it but almost full with 44 slots...going to have to go cabinet which remains empty in my house but for showing once in a blue moon

Edited by DarkChameleon

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

it does that, mines in the full collection post....a black aluminum box for it but almost full with 44 slots...going to have to go cabinet which remains empty in my house but for showing once in a blue moon

It is a bit of a shame that we collect these beautiful things and them lock them away out of sight!

8 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Thought the four C's mattered most, cut, color, clarity, carat..I get the carat of 1ct, but color should be a letter not just hue, pear cut is good, better then marquis which is frankly horrible but princess is best and clarity should be in IF for investment, a 1ct, d color, IF Princess would be about $10000-$12000 and one I'd take any day but the next rule is never to have it set..cos that scratches, chips, brushes etc....investment is just look, don't wear.

You don't know much about yellow diamonds do you lol 

Certified yellow diamonds are Not on the white diamond colour grade as you refer too theres always one 

Research before commenting lol 🤣

6 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

It is a bit of a shame that we collect these beautiful things and them lock them away out of sight!

Ive got a few items on show in (a cabinet) my living room. 1997 Proof set and a small date run of Brits in a little case. All silver. Would be gutted if it were stolen but....

A ) Like to think it wont be.

B ) If it is, hopefully theyd be happy with what they've got and f@ck off!

Edited by AaaGee

23 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

love my deep relief low mintage 3 oz coins, got the warrior women set, isle of man set at real heroes set...they look great.

Sounds fantastic I will check them out on Google

21 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Three coin minimums...makes a set look like a set.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they release next in this series

3 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Not sure this counts as a precious metal but fancied something different as an investment so thought I would share 

Fancy yellow 1ct brilliant cut pear diamond GIA certified 

Anyone else into Gia certified stones ? 

Interesting fact for every 1ct of yellow diamonds, 16,000ct of white diamonds are mined 

rare in this size and grade 

PXL_20221229_114653598.jpg

PXL_20221229_114703678.jpg

PXL_20221229_114710083.jpg

PXL_20221229_114722268.jpg

PXL_20221229_114732982.jpg

PXL_20221229_114830302.jpg

PXL_20221229_114855568.jpg

PXL_20221229_114855843.jpg

PXL_20221229_115008039.jpg

PXL_20221229_115046341.jpg

I used to live in South America and have a family member with a mining company there. I got gifted many raw and some cut gemstones and was looking at GIA certification for them. If I chase it up I'll give you a shout but this project is on the backburner for me at the moment. Nice to see a fellow stacker looking at gemstones. Out of curiosity, did you buy this straight off the GIA or was it a third party sale? Stunning!

Edited by stackerp5

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

1 hour ago, stackerp5 said:

I used to live in South America and have a family member with a mining company there. I got gifted many raw and some cut gemstones and was looking at GIA certification for them. If I chase it up I'll give you a shout but this project is on the backburner for me at the moment. Nice to see a fellow stacker looking at gemstones. Out of curiosity, did you buy this straight off the GIA or was it a third party sale? Stunning!

Hi mate I bought it GIA certified had it independently valued today I'm up about 4k from what I paid so happy 

Edited by Leonmarsh

6 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Ive got a few items on show in (a cabinet) my living room. 1997 Proof set and a small date run of Brits in a little case. All silver. Would be gutted if it were stolen but....

A ) Like to think it wont be.

B ) If it is, hopefully theyd be happy with what they've got and f@ck off!

I got a 357 to make em think twice...ex pat works for me.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

if we had to do that then nobody would ask a question.

You didn't ask a question though did you? You just started stating stuff you don't know about lol like you the CEO of de beers 

Comparing a yellow diamond to white diamond is like comparing a Nissan Micra to a Ferrari 

3 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

After my recent grading woes and frustrations, my mind is now blown - this is the crown I shared on this thread in October and now graded. I was hoping for a 62 🤷‍♂️😂

3E777236-22AC-44A7-A5FB-F769CF9E8340.jpeg

804305E3-D2D5-4419-81D6-09C102AE93B2.jpeg

wonderful surprises, I never check online cos it ruins the prezzy..lol..thought I'd get an f15 on an 1803 large 3 50c and came back vf30...was like Christmas morning...lol.

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

You didn't ask a question though did you? You just started stating stuff you don't know about lol like you the CEO of de beers 

Comparing a yellow diamond to white diamond is like comparing a Nissan Micra to a Ferrari 

well proves I've studied ferarris not,micras..,but I did start by saying 'thought', I don't mind being wrong, I buy white diamonds in jewelry in VVS s9 white and clear, but I don't know everything Hensel my thoughts not picking on you for something you'd said that was wrong, I'm all for learning, thats how we all got to this point, no need to look down on or insult...tell me I'm wrong, don't insult me for not knowing your particular selected item....that's real arrogance.

6 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

well proves I've studied ferarris not,micras..,but I did start by saying 'thought', I don't mind being wrong, I buy white diamonds in jewelry in VVS s9 white and clear, but I don't know everything Hensel my thoughts not picking on you for something you'd said that was wrong, I'm all for learning, thats how we all got to this point, no need to look down on or insult...tell me I'm wrong, don't insult me for not knowing your particular selected item....that's real arrogance.

All the best, if your buying diamonds i would research more may help you next time 

13 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Be good to see some pics of your GIA diamonds look forward to seeing them 

17 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

wonderful surprises, I never check online cos it ruins the prezzy..lol..thought I'd get an f15 on an 1803 large 3 50c and came back vf30...was like Christmas morning...lol.

Unfortunately, I’m one of those people that does hourly checks on the NGC tracker. I like the usual bad news early 

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

First "struck on the day" sovereign the Diamond Jubilee on June 2 2012 , type BU , quantity struck 1,990 

Don't see many of these about I wonder how many survive in their original box 

thumbnail_IMG_4352.jpg

Any close up shot of the coin?

Looks like a keeper 😎

18 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Not sure this counts as a precious metal but fancied something different as an investment so thought I would share 

Fancy yellow 1ct brilliant cut pear diamond GIA certified 

Anyone else into Gia certified stones ? 

Interesting fact for every 1ct of yellow diamonds, 16,000ct of white diamonds are mined 

rare in this size and grade 

PXL_20221229_114653598.jpg

PXL_20221229_114703678.jpg

PXL_20221229_114710083.jpg

PXL_20221229_114722268.jpg

PXL_20221229_114732982.jpg

PXL_20221229_114830302.jpg

PXL_20221229_114855568.jpg

PXL_20221229_114855843.jpg

PXL_20221229_115008039.jpg

PXL_20221229_115046341.jpg

Well that's quite something!! I have looked at diamonds before however I was utterly overwhelmed trying to make any sense of what I was looking at and decided not to pursue it.