• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Proof Britannia Royal Mint Release

The days of the 2014 type design are well and truly dead. It annoys me what they are doing to the Britannia as I was a big fan and could have been an annual collector. What's wrong with just one excellent design. Surely there must be one collector at the RM who understands what makes a winner. The main design is ok, a bit samey but it sits comfortably in the design run of the last few years. The 'special release' celebrating "womanhood" is just terrible in my opinion. These designs would be ok for mass bullion release to give a bit of variety to a stack, but they aren't a desirable showcase proof piece. 

27 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

If these had been three portraits of the Queen at different stages in her life, now that would have been quite innovative

Excellent point and it would have done very well.

After a short queue time this morning I ended up not buying anything. The designs just aren’t strong enough - even though I like the theme and what they’re trying to do, it just doesn’t pop. I might pick up the brilliant uncirculated 1oz silver version down the line. 

I think both 2021 designs were very strong, and these coins just can’t compete with that as far as grabbing my attention and making me want to buy.

Well, I stumped for the 2 oz silver and 2 coin frosted set. 

Will see what they look like in the flesh and if they don't do it for me I can always return.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Since I don't collect all of the annual releases of the Britannia, I was not tied to a particular size.  So, I ordered the 2 coin proof / reverse proof set.

I did not order the celebration of womanhood Britannia because one of the women on the coin looks like my wife, and I don't feel she should be celebrated on a coin!  Okay, so my wife actually looks like Britannia.  Yes, my wife does indeed walk around the house with a helmet, shield, and pitchfork.  She is so intimidating that it scares the c**p out of me.  I do whatever she tells me to do!

I wonder what is going on with the RM website on the Britannia coins?  The 2 oz. silver and 2 coin set keep going back and forth between "sold out" and "awaiting stock".

17 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I wonder what is going on with the RM website on the Britannia coins?  The 2 oz. silver and 2 coin set keep going back and forth between "sold out" and "awaiting stock".

They kept the release quiet 🤫 and then might be slow dropping stock later in the day for all time zones etc. probably sick of all the queue moaning 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I quite like this years design, they've done a good job on it.

Not sure about the making waves coin though, Britannia looks as though she is standing beside Maid Marian and a generic picture of an older lady, doesn't quite fit in with the Britannia range in my mind.

Didn't realise this was out today. Stumbled upon it at break at work and bought the reverse/ proof twin set like last year. Last years did well (although the mintage was only 500 then) and the reverse looked great then.

Almost bought the 1oz just to have one, then I started looking at the helmet. 

And I thought... Why doesn't it go over her eyes? It does not look like its pushed back on her head...

It looks like... it's too small.

And now, all I can see is that stupid, tiny, oh so ever wrong helmet sitting on top of her head.