• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

To be honest the whole “plain edge” extra eclusive of the exclusive is just annoying. I think it lessens the appeal of the coin as a whole.

Well , the original was issued in small numbers as plain edge'.

And we know RM love to milk the collectors market where it is acceptable to do so, same will be rinsed and repeated in march 

11 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

To be honest the whole “plain edge” extra eclusive of the exclusive is just annoying. I think it lessens the appeal of the coin as a whole.

It may be the case the milled edge 2oz gold could be shunned in auctions and flippers on feebay,taking whatever profit they can when credit card bills come due, some may just be seeking the lower mintage issue. Three graces started very strong, but hasn't been great past six months at auction . Wonder if history will repeat??

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

It may be the case the milled edge 2oz gold could be shunned in auctions and flippers on feebay,taking whatever profit they can when credit card bills come due, some may just be seeking the lower mintage issue. Three graces started very strong, but hasn't been great past six months at auction . Wonder if history will repeat??

It only matters if you are selling. 😜

36 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@Paul- I respect the fact you’ll be holding on to your coin. And for that reason alone I am happy for you to have got the 2 Oz plain edge. 🙂

If everyone does, it protects everyone else. I'm not a millionaire, I'm not minted, I'm not without, I'm not needing any extra cash any time soon, I'm happy to enjoy the journey with these. I'm not happy I'll have a £5k bill again in march but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Nationwide have said online I'm pre approved for £12k loan so will probably bundle the two over 5years at 4.1% hopefully a wee bit upside in them :)

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Nationwide have said online I'm pre approved for £12k loan so will probably bundle the two over 5years at 4.1% hopefully a wee bit upside in them :)

Way ahead of you, why stop at £12k, might as well anticipate the next few releases 👌 

Wish I managed to get a gold first though 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I’m a bit late to this, I’ve been watching ‘Landscapers’ on Sky tonight. No it’s not about gardening. 😆

But just as odd as someone selling the 2oz on eBay. You’ll know what I mean if you watch it.

Back on topic, why is someone selling that on eBay, if the buyer opens a case after it’s posted it’s game over for the seller.

I’ve been stung twice by eBay. I should have learned but any buyer can, not that they ever should, but they could open a ‘not received case’ return an empty box with tracking and tell eBay they ‘returned’ the item. They supply the tracking info, seller is forced to refund. 😬

Edited by Foster88

12 hours ago, Bape85 said:

MAx gave me a special link to have it without VAT , maybe you can ask him for that ! Hope that helps everyone to save ! 😃 

Yeah, thanks, he did the same, just didn't know to ask, so really appreciate all the knowledge sharing in this forum. For those in the US, it looks like our coins are showing up next week. I've got the 15th of Dec on the 2 oz and 10 oz. Can't wait to see everyone's pics!

5 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I’ve been stung twice by eBay. I should have learned but any buyer can, not that they ever should, but they could open a ‘not received case’ return an empty box with tracking and tell eBay they ‘returned’ the item. They supply the tracking info, seller is forced to refund. 😬

That’s truly disgusting 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

If everyone does, it protects everyone else. I'm not a millionaire, I'm not minted, I'm not without, I'm not needing any extra cash any time soon, I'm happy to enjoy the journey with these. I'm not happy I'll have a £5k bill again in march but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Hi Paul. If you are in a position to do do so, it may be worth remortgaging instead. You can still get a 10 year fix deal for around 2% . Would future proof for inflation and you  could add a little for a couple more in the series. 
5 year deals are still around 1%.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hi Paul. If you are in a position to do do so, it may be worth remortgaging instead. You can still get a 10 year fix deal for around 2% . Would future proof for inflation and you  could add a little for a couple more in the series. 
5 year deals are still around 1%.

Although I think this "bet" is likely a safe one I do find the idea of anyone taking on long term debt, to fund coins, unsecured, or especially secured against their home a worrying one.

Let's say RM decide to bring out and "enhanced" great engravers set with some mark, edge inscription whatever. I would assume it probably wouldn't the market value much good.

This is just my opinion of course, but I do think its worth mentioning. Everyone should make their own judgement call and are entitled to do so. For the sake of balance I would suggest anyone thinking about doing that should think very carefully.

EDIT.

I just thought I would add collecting coins can be an expensive hobby. Sometimes we need to sell some coins to fund purchases. I sometimes use savings too, to be paid back. I do understand its not easy to fund, unless you are minted of course.

Edited by NewCoins

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Although I think this "bet" is likely a safe one I do find the idea of anyone taking on long term debt, to fund coins, unsecured, or especially secured against their home a worrying one.

Let's say RM decide to bring out and "enhanced" great engravers set with some mark, edge inscription whatever. I would assume it probably would the market value much good.

This is just my opinion of course, but I do think its worth mentioning. Everyone should make their own judgement call and are entitled to do so. For the sake of balance I would suggest anyone thinking about doing that should think very carefully.

Totally agree, everyone has to weigh the risks for themselves. Personally I think there is little downside here. 
Another option would be to flip some bullion or other numismatics which have done well to fund future purchases. We are all adults here I hope. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Delivery notifications from the Royal Mint, I have not been getting any at all, but my wife has a Royal Mail delivery app on her phone and it notifies her of all Royal Mail deliveries coming to the house AND I've got 2 coming today and think it's my Gothic!     

The really bad news with this App she's keeps saying "Dave who are all these deliveries from TRM"  I'll have to come up with an excuse any suggestions?

So if you are like me and been waiting around like a tit in a trance for the last 2 weeks for deliveries this app will let you know.  

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

The first 2oz gold has sold on feebay, £12k

Would someone really send that in the post or would they meet in person for a handover? It seems far too sketchy to use eBay for such a sale to me after some of the horror stories I've heard. 

eBay sales should be discarded, to easy to fake, likewise with well known coin auctions - too easy to shill bid. (get your buddy to pay obscene amount for your coin - pay the commission, then you have set the precedence for the next real sale (or thats the idea)

I would say the true value is what someone sell the coins for on this forum.

37 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Let's say RM decide to bring out and "enhanced" great engravers set with some mark, edge inscription whatever. I would assume it probably wouldn't the market value much good.

EDIT.

I just thought I would add collecting coins can be an expensive hobby. Sometimes we need to sell some coins to fund purchases. I sometimes use savings too, to be paid back. I do understand its not easy to fund, unless you are minted of course.

I use a 0% credit card for some gold purchases.... Not all because i don't want to over stretch myself. I have 2yrs 0% on purchases and 2yrs 0% on transfers. If I still have an outstanding balance come the end of term on that card I'll get another 0% balance transfer cc with 0% purchases and transfer onto that card. No interest at all 👍😁👍

8 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

eBay sales should be discarded, to easy to fake, likewise with well known coin auctions - too easy to shill bid. (get your buddy to pay obscene amount for your coin - pay the commission, then you have set the precedence for the next real sale (or thats the idea)

I would say the true value is what someone sell the coins for on this forum.

You raise some valid points