• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Thanks for sharing you opinions guys :) it's certainly going to be an interesting few years follows this one. Remember in in North East where I am the potential profits on these is 'pay your mortgage completely' territory 

It's  life changing being mortgage free mate, I highly recommend it.......Where I grew up as a kid mate today one of those golds will buy a street! 

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks for sharing you opinions guys :) it's certainly going to be an interesting few years follows this one. Remember in in North East where I am the potential profits on these is 'pay your mortgage completely' territory 

I know this very well! You could pretty much buy the street my mum got her first house in (South Beach - early 70’s) for the amount the Una is selling for on its own! 

I know this very well! You could pretty much buy the street my mum got her first house in (South Beach - early 70’s) for the amount the Una is selling for on its own! 

4 minutes ago, terakris said:

It can be life changing money, I can see why people sell them and take huge profits, and fair play to anyone that does. That also why so many people then throw about the term flipper in a derogatory way which is pathetic.

Or cash everything from great engravers gold in, and purchased tubes of 2022 bullion jubilee sovereigns with the profits for years to come ??? Waiting for spot to continue its rises higher? Good idea ???

10 minutes ago, terakris said:

It can be life changing money, I can see why people sell them and take huge profits, and fair play to anyone that does. That also why so many people then throw about the term flipper in a derogatory way which is pathetic.

It's in all fields taking profits, folk on Rolex AD lists, luxury handbags,Concert tickets, Pokémon cards, even trainers. No-one is forcing folk to pay more in secondary markets. If there wasn't folk willing to buy these flippers wouldn't do it. All supply and demand

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Or cash everything from great engravers gold in, and purchased tubes of 2022 bullion jubilee sovereigns with the profits for years to come ??? Waiting for spot to continue its rises higher? Good idea ???

I mean why not huh, if you got one of these bad boys and can make decent money on them, why the hell not and enjoy it.

If I sold mine it would be to buy Rolex watches and fit them to my car wheels to spin around as I drive... Baller life! ;)

1 minute ago, terakris said:

I mean why not huh, if you got one of these bad boys and can make decent money on them, why the hell not and enjoy it.

If I sold mine it would be to buy Rolex watches and fit them to my car wheels to spin around as I drive... Baller life! ;)

I will decide over this year what I'm going to do, see how the coin cabinet auctions go, see what else comes to market

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's in all fields taking profits, folk on Rolex AD lists, luxury handbags,Concert tickets, Pokémon cards, even trainers. No-one is forcing folk to pay more in secondary markets. If there wasn't folk willing to buy these flippers wouldn't do it. All supply and demand

Well said.

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

Derogatory?  I'm changing my name to Goldfipperdave!   You are spot on mate all other luxury bands have the same business model. And if you are a coin collector you can't hold every thing you buy.  So if you sell at a profit the likelihood you will put money back into the industry which is a win win for everyone involved.  

Wow - Plain edge 2oz - ebay -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115132625912?hash=item1ace7073f8:g:v~kAAOSwFUVhsP7d

VIP ONLY 2021 ROYAL MINT (PLAIN EDGE) GOTHIC CROWN QUARTERED ARMS GOLD PROOF 2OZ

Price:
£39,500.00

This profiteering is a little distasteful, I think. (cost £5250) ?

When Ferrari, Rolex, Porsche etc, offered their in very high demand and exclusive products, to special customers only,  who then promptly flipped it for a massive profit. Those people would not get those offers again... (implied loyalty - and the Royal Mint emphasises loyalty with those customers)

The person that flipped this coin, presumably will get offered exclusively the portrait version as well, to flip for a massive profit?

The Royal Mint is a stated owned company, not a good look.   Let everyone take their chances, equally? 

VIP ONLY 2021 ROYAL MINT (PLAIN EDGE) GOTHIC CROWN QUARTERED ARMS GOLD PROOF 2OZ

Price:
£39,500.00

When Ferrari, Rolex, Porsche etc, offered their in very high demand and exclusive products, to special customers only,  who then promptly flipped it for a massive profit. Those people would not get those offers again... (implied loyalty - and the Royal Mint emphasises loyalty with those customers)

The person that flipped this coin, presumably will get offered exclusively the portrait version as well, to flip for a massive profit?

The Royal Mint is a stated owned company, not a good look.   Let everyone take their chances, equally? 

I think 40k is a bit of a stretch atm, and yes they prob have the next one but you can't stop people selling them . The mint don't really like it , they want to help people build collections but they can't really stop it. If they got offered the plain edge they either spend a load, or their am did them a favour which is fair enough. I don't expect too many plain edge will see the main market so atm they are trying their luck with exclusivity I guess. If they get that that's a great return for them, wish it was my coin but it's not so good luck to them.

3 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Price:
£39,500.00

Price:
£39,500.00

Ultimately the free market will determine the price of all goods and services.  We all like a chancer I could list a pair of my Y-front's for 2 grand does not mean i'll get it, the person who owns this may spend 100K+ per year it might sound unfair but this is how life is.  Companies will always reward customers who spend lots of money with them.  TBH this nothing compared to the handbag market, (I know we all like to swing em on this post) but even if you have the money you can't buy them and when you do it's 2-3 years waiting for a dam bag.......RM secondary market is positively cheap in comparison.

10 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Price:
£39,500.00

Price:
£39,500.00

I'm more impressed that when you click on "other items" the seller has a pf70 Seymour panther. 

Must head over to that thread and enquire has anyone sent for grading yet😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Ultimately the free market will determine the price of all goods and services.  We all like a chancer I could list a pair of my Y-front's for 2 grand does not mean i'll get it, the person who owns this may spend 100K+ per year it might sound unfair but this is how life is.  Companies will always reward customers who spend lots of money with them.  TBH this nothing compared to the handbag market, (I know we all like to swing em on this post) but even if you have the money you can't buy them and when you do it's 2-3 years waiting for a dam bag.......RM secondary market is positively cheap in comparison.

Lots of high end product companies - discourage flippers, it makes the company look bad - if you get these offers - instant flipping is frowned upon, and likely not offered exclusivity again. 

The Royal Mint being state owned, this is not a good look for them, rich people get to make huge profits, public kept out. 

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Completely agreed " knocked bags on the head years ago"

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Lots of high end product companies - discourage flippers, it makes the company look bad - if you get these offers - instant flipping is frowned upon, and likely not offered exclusivity again. 

The Royal Mint being state owned, this is not a good look for them, rich people get to make huge profits, public kept out. 

How much do you think its worth?

He/she takes offers