• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

11 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Am I they only one but I’m not that keen on the design. May look better in hand.    I think this would be better.  Who designed it?

7281B07A-2CB3-45C8-BE0D-284AA4F0EB59.jpeg

That is a beauty. Obverse is designed by Edgar Bertram Mackennal and the Reverse is Leonard Charles Wyon.

I think it’s Thomas Simon next though (see discussion above).

7 hours ago, Paul said:

My 2oz gold 'plain-edge' & order reference has appeared in my Open orders :) Goody goody ! :) 

Hopefully the RM additional +£255 "exclusivity tax" will be worth it in the long run

£5,250 RRP for it   

Jeez, makes you think how far your stacking journey has come, was only five years or so ago, i was buying 1/10's krugerrands 

IMG_2535.JPG

How did you get that - on the Royal Mint website?  What queue number were you.. I would love to get a plain edge portrait in the future..  but unless I can buy from the Royal mint, it seems there will be an instant 200% mark up, from elsewhere.

1 minute ago, BarryWoods said:

How did you get that - on the Royal Mint website?  What queue number were you.. I would love to get a plain edge portrait in the future..  but unless I can buy from the Royal mint, it seems there will be an instant 200% mark up, from elsewhere.

Bought Rest of 2oz gold series , bought all 2022 sovereigns release s,and more  that's bumped my spend up

.2oz proof gold plain edge  was only offered exclusively to mint marque platinum members ( I'm not of )  it wasn't offered for general sale. Iv just hit very very very lucky 

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Iv just hit very very very lucky 

You were probably a Saint in a past life mate 😉 Glad one of us got one 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

ah - OK - thought you might have been 15th in a queue on the website - and they had put a few publicly available! 

Presumably they will offer the portrait to you aswell?

But, would you still be offered the portrait, if you have already (theoretically) flipped the first one for a profit?

If someone was to buy a Quartered Arms Coin, from someone that had flipped it.

Would the Mint then sell the new owner the Portrait at RRP.. or back to the dealer again? (costs more)

Probably questions for the Royal Mint (I'm a bit new to this.)

ah - OK - thought you might have been 15th in a queue on the website - and they had put a few publicly available! 

Presumably they will offer the portrait to you aswell?

But, would you still be offered the portrait, if you have already (theoretically) flipped the first one for a profit?

If someone was to buy a Quartered Arms Coin, from someone that had flipped it.

Would the Mint then sell the new owner the Portrait at RRP.. or back to the dealer again? (costs more)

Probably questions for the Royal Mint (I'm a bit new to this.)

If you bought privately you’d be back in the queue for the next half in March.

@Pauldoesn't sell which I really like about him 👌 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, Yorkshiremanc said:

Quick question for those that might have bought continuity sets before…will the COA be the same number for both coins?!

Almost certainly different

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

You know me I love a good swap........COA swap shop?

i am sorry but i am laughing when i see this  ----You know me I love a good swap--

because the last time i heard of this  was ' girlfriend swapping ; from a movie 😝

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Just now, fehk2001 said:

i am sorry but i am laughing when i see this  ----You know me I love a good swap--

because the last time i heard of this  was ' girlfriend swapping ; from a movie 😝

Keep your certificates but I'm up for the girlfriend swapping 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

2 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

I'm up for that, great idea!

This is getting like tinder 😂😂

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

This is getting like tinder 😂😂

this is all your fault especially you have such username .......... gold digger sugar daddy type offering 😜 , then the next theme must be e.g someone cannot pay rent,  fake taxi , random on the street ........ swap for whatever

You know me I love a good swap.........😁

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

8 hours ago, Paul said:

My 2oz gold 'plain-edge' & order reference has appeared in my Open orders :) Goody goody ! :) 

Hopefully the RM additional +£255 "exclusivity tax" will be worth it in the long run

£5,250 RRP for it   

Jeez, makes you think how far your stacking journey has come, was only five years or so ago, i was buying 1/10's krugerrands 

IMG_2535.JPG

Did you get 5 Oz gold as well? I heard that's only for VIP customers and been limited numbers.

33 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Quick question for those that might have bought continuity sets before…will the COA be the same number for both coins?!

The RM logistics dept would spontaneously combust if they were asked to match up CoA numbers :D

45 minutes ago, Paul said:

Bought Rest of 2oz gold series , bought all 2022 sovereigns release s,and more  that's bumped my spend up

.2oz proof gold plain edge  was only offered exclusively to mint marque platinum members ( I'm not of )  it wasn't offered for general sale. Iv just hit very very very lucky 

35 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

If you bought privately you’d be back in the queue for the next half in March.

@Pauldoesn't sell which I really like about him 👌 

But their won't be a  queue on the Royal mint website (for that coin limited 125 run), as all were offered directly to premium customers?

So I would have to wait for one of the preferred customers to sell it?

Or am I misunderstanding this, and some of those coins were offered first come first served to the general public at 9:00 am 6th December?

I have signed up for the whole of the 10 Tudor Beast series, which seems a less stressful way to collect them.

So I would have to wait for one of the preferred customers to sell it?

Think of Rolex sir....you either buy all year round and then get offered the good stuff ( not always though) or buy on the secondary market. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip