• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

I have been keeping an eye on the stock levels for this listing. 

It started out in the 200's

Went down to 128, now its back up to 147

Literally no idea what the Royal Mint is doing but considering how awful my last portrait was I have sprung for three of them and will be picking the best of the bunch (assuming they are not all garbage)

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

Gotta hope that there not all returns. Seems strange that their stock level are up and down. Good luck Mr B

Honestly, at this point all I want is a good condition coin to go with the quartered arms. 

If all three are good condition I will guarantee right here and now that they will be offered out to forum members for issue price.

Not buying these for flipping, I just want to enjoy the coins for once!

Not sure, if they know, what they tell us. I would like to believe the nice guy from cs that told me, they just hold a certain amount of coins back for replacement, etc. and just released those coins today. I guess it's worth a gamble. I really don't care for secondary market value on this one, just bought one. Looks like we will see the next couple years dozens of them offered by private sellers and most dealers will have them in stock line forever, always available. But i don't care, first time i have the same coin three times from three different mints. Not many, but this monday i like🥳

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

2oz gold "plain edge" Gothic portrait in hand now :) 

No issues at all by the looks of it - tiny bit of surface dust

Hopefully the plain edge is visible 

Away to safe deposit box now - see you again in retirement, ive only met you for 30 mins :( 

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

Congratulation and stunning photos Paul !  it would be great if you can take pictures of the 4 coins all together ! 

My coins gone for grading are coming back slowly and I hope to get my Quartered Arms shortly, hopefully with a PF70. (Meanwhile, I got PF70 for my whole 5 coins Sovereign set 2022 :) ) 

Edited by Frenchie

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Honestly, at this point all I want is a good condition coin to go with the quartered arms. 

If all three are good condition I will guarantee right here and now that they will be offered out to forum members for issue price.

Not buying these for flipping, I just want to enjoy the coins for once!

Good idea. You have inspired me to pick up 3. Keep the best one.

If they are returns (quality) they can go straight back.

Looking at the secondary market for these earlier today, perhaps this batch (if flipped) will push the market price towards cost anyway.

I wonder if many people will be grabbing these to flip. I don't see much in these in the short term

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Away to safe deposit box now - see you again in retirement, ive only met you for 30 mins :( 

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

Congrats for this beauty, really a dream. Just wonderful.

Edited by dikefalos

35 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Congratulation and stunning photos Paul !  it would be great if you can take pictures of the 4 coins all together ! 

My coins gone for grading are coming back slowly and I hope to get my Quartered Arms shortly, hopefully with a PF70. (Meanwhile, I got PF70 for my whole 5 coins Sovereign set 2022 :) ) 

That's great news for the 2022 sovereigns, encouraging values for the £5 for sure, a 70 in Jan on feebay was was £4000, feebay feb sold £4500, coin cabinet yesterday was £5750.  Ungraded x5 coin set £7,750.  As ive no interest in selling any time soon, i will visit grading myself in years to come 

22 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Congrats for this beauty, really a dream. Just wonderful.

Thank you @dikefalos very happy to own the plain edge pair.  Hopefully will be future classics in years to come, once the dust has settled and the collectors market is strong again. Ive no interest in flipping them 

Dispatch email received for the 3x gothic crown portraits

Fingers crossed for some good ones 

51 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Dispatch email received for the 3x gothic crown portraits

Fingers crossed for some good ones 

Same, worth a Punt. I bet they are dreading your video on the disappointment 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Looks like they have all gone.

I am expecting them to be returns, but trying to be optimistic.

I will hang fire sending some coins off for grading, until I have these.

My money is on them being rubbish though.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

im sure this thread wont be getting any shorter any time soon once they begin to be received ! ;) 

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

The mint told me directly, when I returned my coin twice for a replacement, that all returns are destroyed and you get a new coin. 

39 minutes ago, LukeStacker said:

The mint told me directly, when I returned my coin twice for a replacement, that all returns are destroyed and you get a new coin. 

They just make it up as they go along, part of the on job “training”

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

15 hours ago, Paul said:

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4082.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

BREATHTAKING is an understatement! 😍😍😍

It’s a beautiful piece of pure gold to own.

I’m glad this coin, and the others in this series, have found a place where they will be really treasured. ☺️