• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

• 2 weeks later...

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/great-britain-elizabeth-ii-gold-proof-gothic-crown-portrait-200-pounds-2-oz-2021-pr69-ultra-cameo-ngc-/a/232220-63588.s

19 May 2022

Elizabeth II gold Proof "Gothic Crown Portrait" 200 Pounds (2 oz) 2021 PR69 Ultra Cameo NGC

$7200 incl premium (= about GBP5775).

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

6 hours ago, jultorsk said:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/great-britain-elizabeth-ii-gold-proof-gothic-crown-portrait-200-pounds-2-oz-2021-pr69-ultra-cameo-ngc-/a/232220-63588.s

19 May 2022

Elizabeth II gold Proof "Gothic Crown Portrait" 200 Pounds (2 oz) 2021 PR69 Ultra Cameo NGC

$7200 incl premium (= about GBP5775).

4 hours ago, marston59 said:

5th May

Great Britain: Elizabeth II gold Proof "Gothic Crown Portrait" 200 | Lot #61589 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Great Britain: Elizabeth II gold Proof "Gothic Crown Portrait" 200 Pounds (2 oz) 2021 PR70 Ultra Cameo NGC,...

Sold for $8400 about £6734

The market and interest in these certainly doesn't seem to be changing for the better any time soon 

These may be the bargains of the century in years to come, who knows these days 🤔

• 1 month later...

From Heritage 2022 June 26 Modern World Coins Spring Showcase Auction. (The first Gothic Arms is plain edge.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 4.11.14 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

12 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

From Heritage 2022 June 26 Modern World Coins Spring Showcase Auction. (The first Gothic Arms is plain edge.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 4.11.14 am.png

It seems all modern coins are a good buy at the moment.

Thanks for the updates @jultorsk :) always appreciated 

There's (x2) Una and Lion / Engravers 2oz gold in Sovereign Rarities auction #6 ending tomorrow 

https://auctions.sovr.co.uk/index.php?option=com_bidding&view=timed&layout=catalogue&id=16&tab=active&current_page=1&q=una+

See what they a achieve in price.  

One is a PF69 and other is ungraded FDC 

Certainly different times to the mania we went through on the last few launches, just shows how fickle and quickly a market can change 

Just now, GoldDiggerDave said:

Suppose it gives us all some more time to save up for them.  We still betting it’s the William Wyon St George? 

4B639E0B-50F4-4B90-AC25-D83EB9A20E9D.jpeg

. . . . . .oooohhhh that'll be a beauty in gold for sure 

Did not a couple of folk suggest it pay be the Thomas Simon pattern petition crown, as we seemed to conclude from RM comments it was the last of the Wyon coins if i remember rightly ?? 

I know the Waterloo medal has been reissued a few times, I still think it's one of the best works of art to come out of the mint. I would re mortgage my house for a gold one.

I still think there is room for some gems in the monarch series of coins 

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 19.56.41.png

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 19.56.29.png

8 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Suppose it gives us all some more time to save up for them.  We still betting it’s the William Wyon St George? 

4B639E0B-50F4-4B90-AC25-D83EB9A20E9D.jpeg

This would be fabulous - but I think the RM promotional video for the Gothic Crown said something to the effect that the release was some sort of conclusion to the William Wyon designs. 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Did anyone watch todays sovereign rarites auction and know what stuff sold for ?

Anything get bid up significantly ??

Nice big prices on the Una's - especially when you factor in the 20% + VAT buyers premium!

I don't know what the sellers fees are for Sovereign Rarities - does anyone know?

Gothics aren't getting huge prices - but at least when you factor the 20% buyers premium that's about £6600 - £7000 as a market rate.

engravers 2.png

engravers 1.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

If I recall it was was one of the Rothschild's said " buy when there was blood in the streets " 

When inflations away, crypto is back on the rise, stock market is happy, fuel and heat isn't going up  double digit percentages every month, your weekly food shop isn't draining your wallet and the tax paying useless eaters are content and haapy watching strictly dancing on cakes again

This may be either the worst of times or opportunity??? 

Who knows !!??? 

4 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I don't know what the sellers fees are for Sovereign Rarities - does anyone know?

Their draw card is that the seller gets the entire hammer price - no seller's fee afaik.

• 3 weeks later...

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/auctions/4-6M5LYI/auction-68-modern-commemorative-coins?limit=36&search=engravers

A good few various "GREAT ENGRAVERS" offerings in the latest CoinCabinet auction #68 started yesterday, lets see how low the bar is set for these and what demand & prices are like this time

First time Ive seen the 10oz gold Three Graces PF70 come for auction as yet. mintage of just 50 on it   - interesting to see what that sells at in current climate 

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

One available. Just watched one 5oz portrait PF70 first releases sell for GBP17.4k (GBP2.7k more than the equivalent grade 5oz Arms). 😎 

70/69/70/70

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 6.14.28 am.png