• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

On 25/12/2021 at 11:10, GoldDiggerDave said:

Reason why I'm convinced they will be something different, they have already shown us the reverse of the March Gothic.  Or at least 2 coins in March with different obverse........I know I'm describing nightmare but the RM are double dipping on many coins now, 2022 might be a tricky year to buy coins depending on what coins are minted with potentially different portraits.......Can you imagine a 2022 Sovereign with a different portrait that would be off the chart in terms of demand.  

reverse.png

I think this was one of them 

Can confirm the 7th Feb, now that the cat is out of the bag 😉

@paulmertonThe First Rule of the Secret Squirrel Club is.... 😅

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

General question, to anyone who has been using this backdoor that seemed to be closed recently, is that the case ?

I won't be asking what it is, but please PM me if you don't want to post here, if it has been.

Just trying to gauge how much extra my stress levels should be increasing 😀

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

I guess there will be very little available on release morning? 

What I do know is someone will get my 5oz silver because I was too stupid to see different option. 

I still think its c**p the RM should have done all or none on continuation.

Not sure what percentage are left but I imagine it's going to be brutal.

5 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

General question, to anyone who has been using this backdoor that seemed to be closed recently, is that the case ?

I won't be asking what it is, but please PM me if you don't want to post here, if it has been.

Tried the backdoor & got put in the queue this time.

20 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Same here as I’m getting depressed missing out every time 🤠

If some nice punter can give me a heads up then i would be eternally grateful 

6 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Same here as I’m getting depressed missing out every time 🤠

If some nice punter can give me a heads up then i would be eternally grateful 

I think I nearly had it figured out. It seems that particular avenue might be closed though from what people have said.

That doesn't mean there isn't/not going to be more though...

Unfortunately someone posted up a quick buy option which basically showed what the issue was to everyone so was hardly surprising when RM plugged the hole. That's why when people find these things out they need to keep to themselves cos once it's out there, it's going to vanish quickly.

How do we know flippers aren’t using “backdoors” enmasse?

They could be a small dealer employing 20 people and with sufficient funds to buy multiple coins, or flippers with family members doing flipping as a business.

I feel like the village idiot because in retrospect it seems almost everyone knew the backdoors, or knew someone who knew, and probably still knows other backdoors. 😐

6 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

They could be a small dealer employing 20 people and with sufficient funds to buy multiple coins, or flippers with family members doing flipping as a business.

I feel like the village idiot because in retrospect it seems almost everyone knew the backdoors, or knew someone who knew, and probably still knows other backdoors. 😐

I think a lot of us are learning!

20 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

We don't.

I guess you have to assume if there is a backdoor, its being used. Arguably you may imagine heavily if there is money to be made on some releases.

Even if the backdoor has been closed, I guess it might not be permanently. After all, sometimes the mint don't block the product pages they should.

I strongly suspect there is another way, even if the previous way is blocked.

Generally interested in how widespread it has been previously and how much so going forward. I don't think we will ever know though

I think its worth adding, I don't blame anyone for not making any backdoor public on this forum.

After all, it's only reducing the chances of getting a coin, if you are in a position of having a backdoor.

I think its just quite a few people are shocked and surprised.

Since the first gothic crown release and posts on here, it made me look into what it might be. I do think I figured it out, just as it might have been blocked.

Would I have shared it publicly on here? No, I don't think so.

I have been chatting to a few people in private over the past weeks about it.

Would I have used it if it worked ? Yes. Especially for the more stressful releases

In my case, i discovered it myself, it wasn't until i heard others talking about it that it was a bit more out there than I suspected, but knew for sure i wasn't the first one to find it. Funny thing is, I've never had to use it as I get my coins from my AM so they sort everything for me to avoid the "bun fight" on release day for the items im interested in.

The queue system isn't full proof as i know people that have managed to get to the product page before the site is back online to see the list of new coins and its completely random, as in they or myself cant reproduce it again, so i suspect some people just glitch out and get lucky somehow, while others were using the other approach.