• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

Spot on analysis 👌 

We should all put money into a pot and buy up all the secondary stock?? Corner the market and only release one every 40 years.

Might be slightly flawed logic on my part but I'm up for it😅

Sit on for a year or two can't see much down side risk at all. Graded even better

Just painful watching the Flip-er-at-i  at present, getting the sheckles they can get to pay the Jan credit card bill :(

Just now, Paul said:

Sit on for a year or two can't see much down side risk at all. Graded even better

Just painful watching the Flip-er-at-i  at present, getting the sheckles they can get to pay the Jan credit card bill :(

100%

At least this way we can genuinely enjoy the coins for what they are.

And not instantly faced with the moral dilemma of do I keep or let go for some silly number.

Anyone that's buying at a premium will at least really want the coin which will even things out like you say in the long run.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ive got 2 Oz silver seymour beast for £500 if you wanted it 🤓😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

Ive got 2 Oz silver seymour beast for £500 if you wanted it 🤓😁

£800 + post... take it or leave it

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

£800 + post... take it or leave it

I'll DM you bank details now lol

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, James32 said:

DM me your details too so I can order a new sofa on your name 😊

No Need

I will just paste them here

Issac Hunt

Central bank of Uganda

Sort code 982332048340

Account number 23484934828420298329048203948029383420983429083209482304893202394802349802398420984320928340492380432984309843098234094832

Just now, ArgentSmith said:

Off topic what was the name of your first pet? and where were you born like?

Fergus the ferret and I was born on the Horn of Plenty

I hope my 5oz silver is worth the wait as I still haven't had an update regarding delivery. I'm worried I'll be right at the back of the queue and stuck with a flawed return after they've reminted for the first ones who've sent back to them & won't mint anymore replacements. All excitement for it's arrival has long gone now.

3 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Looking at ebay did most of these end up In the hands of resellers? What's worse is a couple of them look to be 70s if it wasn't for grubby finger markets 😢

The more there are finger marked ones the better for those who are still holding these for grading. I wish more people would fondle their Gothics after eating fish 'n' chips for lunch... 🎣 😋 

Edited by jultorsk
typo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

has anyone heard any news/update on the dispatch of the 2oz gold 'plain edge' from their RM account manager?

i was told delivery was due mid January, in early December

Is this still the case ? or anyone spoke to their account manager recently for an update ?

46 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Has the Great Engravers series come to the end? Seems the RM have a new series on the way??

Screenshot_20220119-101212_Yahoo Mail.jpg

No way, the Royal Mint wont kill off that cash cow!

They're still doing Wyon's designs at the moment, there's a ton of other engravers they have to get around to doing.

It would seem unlikely they'd do a great engravers series without a Pistrucci design in it.

Dear oh dear, The RM really is having communication issues. I had ordered a silver 2oz single and then had communication to upgrade to the continuity set with the single order coin being cancelled. This was confirmed by email and telephone.

Last December, I received the first of the two coins (Arms) and just now have just received an email telling me that the single order has been dispatched ! Sooooo, I now will have two 2oz silver Arms coins………arse….meet elbow ! I now have 2 Arms coins ! 

Also included in the email was the confirmation that the continuity 5oz is not being dispatched yet.

Edited by Oldun

Then I check the tracking number sent with today’s email informing me of the single coin order dispatch and it is the one they used for my December delivery which ihas already arrived ! So, I guess it is just that one coin afterall. There is no 2nd charge to my cc…..you cant make this up ! 
I sent them an email back saying the tracking number is for a coin (an Arms one) I have already received. It will be funny to see the response.

Their open and closed orders sytem is so s**** it beggars belief. I dont blame customer services as they can only say what the s**** system tells them.

Edited by Oldun

58 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

And where away with the 70s

Screenshot_20220120_045356_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

It will be interesting to see where the 2 coin set settles at.

Let’s take a low end £400 for a raw. Let’s turn that into a PF70 and add £150. Let’s do something similar for the Portrait but add £100 at the bottom end for a raw one for desirability and need to make a two coin set, so £500 PF70 £650.

So for the set at PF70 and lowballing it, we are looking at £1,200. 

£1,200 - £2,000 range for a pair of PF70s ? Or am I way off on the top and bottom ends of the range ?

Edited by Oldun