• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint to enquire where my 5oz silver GC is & they said the next ones ready for despatch will be on the 4th. February as they haven't all been minted yet! Surely it should come with a 2022 date considering the minting delay.

1 minute ago, MickB said:

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint to enquire where my 5oz silver GC is & they said the next ones ready for despatch will be on the 4th. February as they haven't all been minted yet! Surely it should come with a 2022 date considering the minting delay.

I get your point but Imagine it did....anyone that received in 2022 would have a lesser wanted coin ( me included)

Ours would be deemed version 2/non first release edition 🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I get your point but Imagine it did....anyone that received in 2022 would have a lesser wanted coin ( me included)

Ours would be deemed version 2/non first release edition 🤣

Or it could be classed as a mule🤣

21 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Thanks for sharing @Kookaburracollector. Is the 2oz Gold also graded? I will take a look, just curious as I may not be able to look properly until later on!!

A.

https://coins.ha.com/itm/great-britain/elizabeth-ii-gold-proof-gothic-crown-quartered-arms-200-pounds-2-oz-2021-pr70-ultra-cameo-ngc-/a/232203-63530.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

Currently sitting at $8'400 incl. premium (GBP6'160), 14 hours to go or so...

It does look gorgeous. 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Cracking!! Love it. Wonder if the ones with ‘first releases’ will command a higher price?

..and thanks to @AndrewSL76 (I think!), your last ‘like’ for my post has made me a ‘Veteran’ on TSF..not sure I like the sound of that!😂.

So whose guessing a price for the two GC’s being auctioned at Heritage….My feeble attempt at understanding the secondary market is:-

2oz Silver - $1000 on the hammer (so about £880 GBP

2 oz Gold (Milled edge) - $15,000 (£13,200)

(Assuming 20% BP, and 1.36 exchange rate)!

We will soon find out….anyone else going to take a punt!.

7 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

..and thanks to @AndrewSL76 (I think!), your last ‘like’ for my post has made me a ‘Veteran’ on TSF..not sure I like the sound of that!😂.

So whose guessing a price for the two GC’s being auctioned at Heritage….My feeble attempt at understanding the secondary market is:-

Tsssk. What an old git.

2 hours ago, MickB said:

Cheers for that. With all the releases over the last couple of months, my cc will be happy for  a small rest…

Edited by Oldun

23 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I'd go North of those prices..😳

3 hours ago, MickB said:

The Three Graces was released well into March / April 2021 but were backdated 2020.  The delays were due to Covid.

9 hours ago, Oldun said:

It will be interesting to see where the 2 coin set settles at.

Let’s take a low end £400 for a raw. Let’s turn that into a PF70 and add £150. Let’s do something similar for the Portrait but add £100 at the bottom end for a raw one for desirability and need to make a two coin set, so £500 PF70 £650.

So for the set at PF70 and lowballing it, we are looking at £1,200. 

£1,200 - £2,000 range for a pair of PF70s ? Or am I way off on the top and bottom ends of the range ?

It sold at that price 😳 so raw is 400 a70 is 1250 so.   ?    As to where the set would end up price wise wouldn't be surprised to see pairs of 70s go 2.5k and up

On 15/01/2022 at 07:25, NewCoins said:

After sleeping on it, and taking some pictures this morning, I have decided to return the 10oz.

It's minor, you can notice it with the naked eye, but it's not that big of an issue. But, for a coin that costs a tad over 1k, I think I should expect better.

Hopefully I can get a replacement, but I would rather not keep if they can't replace it. I may have had a different view if I didn't have the 2 and 5oz too.

I would appreciate people's opinions all the same. Thanks !

20220115_071128.jpg

20220115_071258.jpg

After leaving it a few days more, decided to keep it and send it for grading. I think loupes and cameras are important but also cruel.

Just noticed the COA on the 10oz is 223 out of 225. Maybe thats why I had to wait so long!

Now to pair them up...

9 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

There are collectors who do pay a premium for these - which is why NGC and PCGS charge that extra fee.

Very true but it still has  nothing to do with the quality of the coin. Ultimately, they are overpaying for a piece of paper.

Edited by Oldun

6 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

It sold at that price 😳 so raw is 400 a70 is 1250 so.   ?    As to where the set would end up price wise wouldn't be surprised to see pairs of 70s go 2.5k and up

Let’s hope so…..and I will be watching for 5oz prices areas too.

20 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Very true but it still has  nothing to do with the quality of the coin. Ultimately, they are overpaying for a piece of paper.

Classic marketing, right! I’ve always preferred the basic labels…though I always prefer the PCGS gold shield so perhaps I’m full of cr*p!!

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Me too. We haven’t really seen many 5 or 10s selling. Going to be interesting.

Things should liven up, if at all (due to a 510 mintage), from early March onwards as apparently the 5ozers are due to be punted out to the buyers from early February…from there maybe some raws get graded and put up for sale early March ? Those who already have them will be keeping them close in the main, to wait for the Portrait 5oz to join up with it.

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

Things should liven up, if at all (due to a 510 mintage), from early March onwards as apparently the 5ozers are due to be punted out to the buyers from early February…from there maybe some raws get graded and put up for sale early March ? Those who already have them will be keeping them close in the main, to wait for the Portrait 5oz to join up with it.

When you say punted out to the buyers?