• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Yeah.. but its nice having a few of the "nicer" ones in a box you can look at now and again 🙂

Totally agree. I live in central London though and worry about the security and safety of the coins. I would love to have a house with a secret storage space where I could go occasionally! For the time being it’s a thirty minute walk to the safe depo……

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

The question was more around, are you saying they are going to offer at least the 5oz silver to buyers who bought the quartered arms, without the continuation option ?

Only the RM can know the answer to that one…..if there are any returns etc….who knows ?

12 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Totally agree. I live in central London though and worry about the security and safety of the coins. I would love to have a house with a secret storage space where I could go occasionally! For the time being it’s a thirty minute walk to the safe depo……

I think that is the saddest thing... I have all these beautiful coins and all of them locked away.... to be honest that why I also have older crowns and the like where you can actually look and feel them 🙂

9 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

I think that is the saddest thing... I have all these beautiful coins and all of them locked away.... to be honest that why I also have older crowns and the like where you can actually look and feel them 🙂

Couldn’t agree more. I also have some older coins sat on the shelves in the bedroom. History that can easily and cheaply be replaced, and is nice to be reminded of.

For the valuable investment coins, there is always the wonderful NGC and PCGS set registries. I look at those fairly regularly and it’s a nice easy access reminder of the coins. 

After the Heritage (USA) sale this week for the first PF70 2oz gold 'milled' Gothic hammer price $27,600 USD /  £20,345 GBP

What can we expect the first PF70 graded 2oz gold 'plain edge' to hammer at ? the first time it shows up at auction ? 

£30k? £35k? £50?

350 mintage for the milled edge vs 125 mintage for the plain edge 

Will they be split up? will they stay in sets of two? will sets additional premium? double PF70s togethers? folk swapping out their 69's to get a 70 pair ? will the portrait in March release be bid up to build pairs/sets who have bought in after market? what if all plain edge ones get HODL'ed and none/hardly any show up for sale (the couple of feeBay have since be taken off for sale ?)

Certainly going to be an interesting year 2022 for sure following these releases  - lots of possibilities 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

After the Heritage (USA) sale this week for the first PF70 2oz gold 'milled' Gothic hammer price $27,600 USD /  £20,345 GBP

What can we expect the first PF70 graded 2oz gold 'plain edge' to hammer at ? the first time it shows up at auction ? 

£30k? £35k? £50?

350 mintage for the milled edge vs 125 mintage for the plain edge 

Will they be split up? will they stay in sets of two? will sets additional premium? double PF70s togethers? folk swapping out their 69's to get a 70 pair ? will the portrait in March release be bid up to build pairs/sets who have bought in after market? what if all plain edge ones get HODL'ed and none/hardly any show up for sale (the couple of feeBay have since be taken off for sale ?)

Certainly going to be an interesting year 2022 for sure following these releases  - lots of possibilities 

I think the sky's the limit on the plain edge especially for a set.

Today's results were surprising but probably what the market needed because the value of these coins has been shockingly low recently. Hopefully people here have picked up some bargains from the mass ebay sell off and get hold of the portrait 

2 hours ago, magpie79 said:

One massive flaw in that sale. The coin won't be back till mid to end of Feb if the price rocketed because of limited 70s what's the betting some how the coin doesn't "arrive" / gets lost in the post. The buyer will be pushing their luck to get a refund. 

Just my perception 

Edited by Robda1986
Grammar

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Actually, they may have sold and just listed more as they currently have three listed for £1,250.00 plus £8 postage and packaging…

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Actually, they may have sold and just listed more as they currently have three listed for £1,250.00 plus £8 postage and packaging…

Yes just seen that you could be right 

1 hour ago, Kookaburracollector said:

And for those GC’s that don’t quite get the top grade…a PR69 is coming up for sale at Heritage next week…!

Be interesting to see the sold value of a 69 

I think it will say a lot about the demand for the crowns 

A 69 una is running about half of a 70 una 

2 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Be interesting to see the sold value of a 69 

I think it will say a lot about the demand for the crowns 

A 69 una is running about half of a 70 una 

Yeah I'd rather buy a raw over a 69 and not grade....least I can dream of it being a 70 .

I like to buy the pre-dip dip