• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

The e mail does suggest the order of the releases just by the way they are listed, if you go to the link for the 'collection'. This may or may not be common knowledge anyway and I may be wrong of course and no spoilers from me!

Just now, James32 said:

Na the one panther is enough for me lol

I was thinking about it.... I've got two boxes coming with the second release. I could send those back without the boxes and then use them for this set. Not sure I will though. 

Just now, Mtaybar said:

I was thinking about it.... I've got two boxes coming with the second release. I could send those back without the boxes and then use them for this set. Not sure I will though. 

I'd stick with the 10 set IMHO.....there releasing that much variants of the same coins ,its getting silly. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

I'd stick with the 10 set IMHO.....there releasing that much variants of the same coins ,its getting silly. 

I hope you enjoy your 5kg gold beasts set, not like us peaseants! 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

That would make a great beer mat for my expensive champagne of course 😀 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was actually thinking yesterday when seeing a 5kg gold gothic portrait, if I was minted, I would buy a stack and use them as plates.

That's in no way disrespect for the coin, I just think it would be a nice touch on a massive dining table.

Edited by NewCoins

6 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I was actually thinking yesterday when seeing a 5kg gold gothic portrait, if I was minted, I would buy a stack and use them as plates.

That's in no way disrespect for the coin, I just think it would be a nice touch on a massive dining table.

Can i wash the dishes? You rest your feet, dinner was great pal...

78av.gif

The two coin set isn’t for me. I’m only in on the 1/4oz gold coins. Sold the 1oz for charity and the 5oz separately. Not very good quality and not a fan of the larger designs. Smaller ones are nice so happy to have the 1/4 collection ongoing. 

I'm on the fence with this series and I only collect bullion (I can't be doing with the bunfight for the proofs).

It's a real tipping point for me.  I have actually now collected all the coins that I set out to collect five years ago (plus a few more along the way!) and now I need to decide whether to commit to collecting this series.

If I do commit, I would want to collect the 1/4 oz bullion gold and the 1 oz bullion gold in the same way as I have done for the QB bullion coins.

Once the first Tudor Beasts bullion coins come out, I will decide.  At the moment I am buying gold ETF units to hedge the potential future cost at the current spot price!

I too got this email and I really wish the Royal Mint wouldn’t try to dilute the milk from an already over milked cow.

I do feel that the release of so many ‘new’ releases in short succession is just a sign of profit gaining from RM.

It’s sadly possibly a sign that those of us who collect these new releases have to decide what is worth collecting and what isn’t.

The RM could, in the long run, trip themselves up if they aren’t careful.

Edited by Foster88

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I will be trying to get this set as I’ve wanted it from when I knew it was going to be released.  I liked the reverse proof QBs better than the regular proofs for some reason. Friday queue… here I come. 👀 

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Meanwhile, it does not bode well that all denominations except the 2 Oz silver are still available.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/seymour-panther-2022/

I think the series is off to a poor start, the panther just looks too goofy, I just can't see it being a long term lasted after item and if this is the style/standard we can expect going forward then I think it's a miss.

I reckon the small silvers sold easy enough to collectors but with the more expensive stuff you really have to think about future value and I don't see the golds holding theirs. With that said the reverse proof are relatively low numbers so maybe be worth it?

I wouldn't say no to bullion coins or even bars of these though just as something different to stack, while the mint are pummelling us with 'collectables' there really hasn't been much of interest in the bullion side since the last myths and legends coin (soverign excluded).

Personally I think people will jump on it mainly because of the success of the Queens Beasts and the fear of missing out and having to pay the premiums at a later date. My plan was always just to stack but I will be looking out for the 1/4 bullion gold and a few bullion silver when they finally appear.