• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

It is said st the RM site Struck in fine gold, silver and platinum editions, each coin will be finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard.

So I am pretty much sure there will be gold bullion, even if in a certain La Gazette article it is missing.

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/royal-tudor-beasts-bullion-register-your-interest/?__ja=tsid%3A38667|kw%3AE22P50A&utm_medium=email&utm_source=product-launch&utm_campaign=2021-10-prm-tudor-beasts-bullion-teaser&utm_content=product-main-cta1&ca=34071775&mc=E22P50A

56 minutes ago, Slam said:

Great deal for the buyer. I wished i had not to add VAT to it. But even with VAT added a bargain. I should start buying at TCC if i see realized prices. It's a good time for buyers to get some Seymour Panthers. I still believe in the series, main focus right now by most are of course the Gothic pair and the Sovereigns. We will know after the release of the Lion of England where the Tudors will go. If that will be a good design comparing to Jody Clark's lion, the Tudors could be even more succesfull than the QB's. Also the gold proofs could be showing a great performance, especially if there will be no gold bullion. 

25 minutes ago, Shell said:

I reckon the Lion of England or the Royal Dragon (of Wales?) could be next...

Here is the Lion along the Seymour Panther announced. 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3892790

I don't know if the announcements in the gazzette are 100% sure, but i guess so.

So according to that Proclamation, there is definitely 1 oz gold bullion, 1/4 oz gold bullion, 10 oz silver bullion, 2 oz silver bullion and 1 oz platinum bullion versions of these Tudor Beasts coming - with the Panther first and the Lion next.

My bank account is probably going to take a beating over the next few years then!

3 hours ago, Stuntman said:

So according to that Proclamation, there is definitely 1 oz gold bullion, 1/4 oz gold bullion, 10 oz silver bullion, 2 oz silver bullion and 1 oz platinum bullion versions of these Tudor Beasts coming - with the Panther first and the Lion next.

My bank account is probably going to take a beating over the next few years then!

I can only see proof gold coins (1/4, 1, 2, 5 ,10 OZ, 1 & 2 Kilo). The only bullion coins in this proclamation i can identify are the 2 & 10 OZ silver bullion. But the 1 OZ silver reverse proof is missing in this proclamation, so the 1/4 OZ and 1 OZ gold bullion could also be later announced. 

In my opinion, all those bullion coins have already been announced in these proclamations, in line with what I wrote above 😉

To me, it's clear from the descriptions, based on what they state for the Reverse lettering, that there will be these bullion coins coming.  

The bullion coins these days always state the weight, the metal and the fineness on the coin (for example: 1/4 OZ FINE GOLD 999.9) whereas the proof coins do not.

So as far as I'm concerned - they're coming, and my wallet will take a beating! 😄

The Seymour Panther was the one I really wanted and am still chuffed I was fortunate enough to receive a flawless one🤗 Having had time to mong out on this, I will get the Royal Dragon, Tudor Dragon and maybe the Unicorn in one ounce silver proof. The magical Beasts seem the most attractive now, having considered the QB completer coin🥳

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shaunscoins said:

Does anyone have any insight into when the Seymour Panther reverse proof set is likely to be released? The mint just says "coming soon" - it's always helpful to be able to budget ahead! 😂

I can't help you with that answer but I'd like to know as well. I've had an eye on them but I haven't decided if I'll go for them or not.

Does anyone know when the bullion version of these will be ?

Morning guys,

I'm impatiently waiting for the bullion too, and have a question that may have answered itself and prove a bit pointless in the end!

I'm new to this game and haven't been in a situation where I would want to buy into a new gold and (more importantly here) silver bullion series (and therefore buy new!?!) from the start. The question is, do we now just have to suck up the VAT as the first purchasers? Someone has to pay first right?

And then hope that the second hand price takes this into account as a premium moving forward? It seems to be the way, although not quite the 'full price with VAT'.

Is this how it is, or am I missing something??  I suppose the question applies to any new coins, not just the Tudor Beasts.

Thanks for any enlightenment.🤔

And sorry if it seems a stupid question!

FFposh.

6 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Morning guys,

I'm impatiently waiting for the bullion too, and have a question that may have answered itself and prove a bit pointless in the end!

I'm new to this game and haven't been in a situation where I would want to buy into a new gold and (more importantly here) silver bullion series (and therefore buy new!?!) from the start. The question is, do we now just have to suck up the VAT as the first purchasers? Someone has to pay first right?

And then hope that the second hand price takes this into account as a premium moving forward? It seems to be the way, although not quite the 'full price with VAT'.

Is this how it is, or am I missing something??  I suppose the question applies to any new coins, not just the Tudor Beasts.

Thanks for any enlightenment.🤔

And sorry if it seems a stupid question!

FFposh.

Hi,

Yes basically if you really want a specific proof coin new and you can't find a dealer slightly cheaper than the mint, then you must buy new and swallow the vat.

If you hold long enough and spot moves up accordingly then you will recoup your money and a premium ( especially if a sought after piece)

As for bullion I'd always check on here first and you will find better prices normally. 

Silver should be viewed as a longer term play.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Cheers @James32,

Thought so, but worth the check.

A question raised from your comment on maybe look for the bullion on the forum. How would anyone on here be able to offer anything cheaper than the mint initially? Or are you suggesting wait? For spot to decrease? Or something else?

Indeed, I did purchase a tube of '21 Brits and a kilo Baird from dealers when I first started ( before I found the forum obviously) so know all about expensive purchases😱. I also bought into the Seymour Panther etc proof 10 coin run and am not naive enough to think that there was no tax on a 96 quid purchase for one ounce of Ag.

I am not looking to sell anything going forward, so will be in for the long haul, I suppose I'll just have to swallow the  costs if I want to get on board with the Tudor Beasts bullion silver.

Thanks for your time @James32, I appreciate it.👍

FFposh

Just now, FFposh said:

Cheers @James32,

Thought so, but worth the check.

A question raised from your comment on maybe look for the bullion on the forum. How would anyone on here be able to offer anything cheaper than the mint initially? Or are you suggesting wait? For spot to decrease? Or something else?

Indeed, I did purchase a tube of '21 Brits and a kilo Baird from dealers when I first started ( before I found the forum obviously) so know all about expensive purchases😱. I also bought into the Seymour Panther etc proof 10 coin run and am not naive enough to think that there was no tax on a 96 quid purchase for one ounce of Ag.

I am not looking to sell anything going forward, so will be in for the long haul, I suppose I'll just have to swallow the  costs if I want to get on board with the Tudor Beasts bullion silver.

Thanks for your time @James32, I appreciate it.👍

FFposh

Very welcome. 

As for the bullion....say you wanted a tube of 2021 or 2022 britannias and the mint and dealers were charged £617.

They can be had on here for £575 posted ( saving of £42) then you hold for a year or two and make a fair premium. 

1 minute ago, FFposh said:

Sorry, meant @James32. I don't know that you are called James🤣🤣

It's ok I am....although I wish now I had of chosen David, just to really mess with people's minds.

On 23/11/2021 at 12:27, AndrewSL76 said:

Try some compressed air and see if that clears it? Just be careful that there is no moisture in the nozzle etc. before using it - so squirt any new can a few times away from the coin before applying it to the coin!!

Hi @AndrewSL76,

Hope you are well. So I purchased what i thought was air duster: 

It says this is a Sprayduster, Gas duster and its Flammable,

Is this something you would use on the coin to remove dust and particles?

140006148_Screenshot2022-01-1315_54_50.thumb.png.fc0c99e13ab62a97f9a7b7b986522f61.png 

Thanks