• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

5 minutes ago, Slam said:

Hi @AndrewSL76,

Hope you are well. So I purchased what i thought was air duster: 

It says this is a Sprayduster, Gas duster and its Flammable,

Is this something you would use on the coin to remove dust and particles?

140006148_Screenshot2022-01-1315_54_50.thumb.png.fc0c99e13ab62a97f9a7b7b986522f61.png 

Thanks

Not really get one of these

https://thepihut.com/products/ifixit-dust-blower?variant=32627085009&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP-OBhDqARIsAD4XHpc3n7sK5ViyA2yqeuCn9L2c6ykCRX_w_ReLjYz50xVVlOBg_iLzs1UaAliKEALw_wcB

Edited by Rll1288

2 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

not really the sprayduster? Is it because its got other chemicals in it which could ruin the coin over time?

I will give that dust blower some consideration, but looking at that couldn't you use a football pump? Same sort of thing it looks like?

11 minutes ago, Slam said:

not really the sprayduster? Is it because its got other chemicals in it which could ruin the coin over time?

I will give that dust blower some consideration, but looking at that couldn't you use a football pump? Same sort of thing it looks like?

You could but its more refined.... small nosel which is great for blowing away any contaminants... 

16 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

You could but its more refined.... small nosel which is great for blowing away any contaminants... 

@SlamDO NOT USE THAT SPRAY!!!!

Advice from @Rll1288 is correct. Anything with potential for moisture should be avoided. You just want a short sharp clean burst of air to clear the dust or anything else loose on the coin.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

A hair dryer could be a good idea

Not really...have you ever watched a woman dry her hair lol....could be hair spray/make-up or even dust after it gets winged on the bed when done 😂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, James32 said:

Not really...have you ever watched a woman dry her hair lol....could be hair spray/make-up or even dust after it gets winged on the bed when done 😂

You could just buy a £400 Dyson hairdryer for the real love of your life, your shiny deserves the best!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Foster88 said:

Damn. I was hoping the second in the series would be the fictitious sixth finger of Anne Boleyn.

Probably her middle finger to Henry VIII.

Love it. And so much better than my speculation. She certainly had extra digits from all accounts. Poor old Henry didn’t have Tinder and instead had to rely on inaccurate portraits from dodgy French artists where the women where either depicted with nicer looks or had their socks/gloves on.

I've been onto the RM website looking at the 1/4 oz gold proof Panther I don't know how many times, but so far have managed to resist! lol. Does anyone know when the bullion coins will be released?

5 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I've been onto the RM website looking at the 1/4 oz gold proof Panther I don't know how many times, but so far have managed to resist! lol. Does anyone know when the bullion coins will be released?

No idea but I have the proof and would recommend it. Joking above aside, it’s going to be another decent series where you can invest and enjoy at the same time.

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

No idea but I have the proof and would recommend it. Joking above aside, it’s going to be another decent series where you can invest and enjoy at the same time.

The problem is I don't know if I can afford to commit to 2 gold coins a year for the next 5 years when I'm already into the silvers plus the investment sovs I'll want to buy and whatever else come out etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

The problem is I don't know if I can afford to commit to 2 gold coins a year for the next 5 years when I'm already into the silvers plus the investment sovs I'll want to buy and whatever else come out etc etc. 

Fair enough. You have to go with your instinct. I don’t buy the modern sovereigns anymore so don’t have that ongoing expense. Frees me up for these type of releases.

2 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I'm actually just watching @BackyardBullionnew video on YouTube about investing/stacking. Maybe it'll give me some inspiration!! Lol 😁

He is inspirational and does give great guidance but bear in mind it is guidance and NOT financial advice. Always do your own research and always do what is right for you!!

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

He is inspirational and does give great guidance but bear in mind it is guidance and NOT financial advice. Always do your own research and always do what is right for you!!

Oh yes 100%, I know this. It was a bit tongue in cheek. 👍

Edited by Dazlenk