• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

Thanks. I assumed January too but bad time for budgets. Would I be right in assuming that the bullion release won't be anything as mad as the proof release, maybe a bit more sedate?? They are not likely to sell out straight away right? Do people buy from Royal Mint straight away or wait for potentially cheaper option? Say Chards/Atkinson's for example? Wouldn't want to miss though🤷

27 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Thanks. I assumed January too but bad time for budgets. Would I be right in assuming that the bullion release won't be anything as mad as the proof release, maybe a bit more sedate?? They are not likely to sell out straight away right? Do people buy from Royal Mint straight away or wait for potentially cheaper option? Say Chards/Atkinson's for example? Wouldn't want to miss though🤷

The proof release still seems well available.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/seymour-panther-2022/

43 minutes ago, FFposh said:

As far as I know the bullion version is unlimited for the year of issue so no rush. I may be wrong and someone would put me right if I am.

3 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Thanks for tips, much appreciated!

No worries. Like I said.... I assume it's the same as the queen's beasts and the bullion should be unlimited. There's no reason to think otherwise. Same for the bullion sovereign for 2022. I could be corrected though.

Edited by Mtaybar

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Slam said:

A 5oz sold today on the bay for around £395 today. How much was RRP price? Was it around £445? 

Thanks

465£

I still think the Tudors will perform good in a couple of years. Of course only, if the following designs are good to fantastic. Right now everybody is watching out for the Gothic and the Sovereigns. But the Great Engravers are more luck than anything else to get them for RRP. And the 2023 Sovereign will not get the attention of the jubilee Sov. The Tudors are not for the immediate flip, so majority of the coins that are sold will go to collectors that hold the coin for long time. I think the Tudor Beasts will perform well, there is nothing else serious, what is easy to collect, out there. Right now is a good time to catch a TB coin for und bargain, like this 5 OZ yesterday. There are only 300 of them, how many you will see on the market in 2,3,4 years? Better a slow performance than a queue like the Great Engravers. I hope they will cut the mintage of the smaller denominations, the Seymour mintage of 1 & 2 OZ, gold and silver, is a bit to high imo.

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

465£

I still think the Tudors will perform good in a couple of years. Of course only, if the following designs are good to fantastic. Right now everybody is watching out for the Gothic and the Sovereigns. But the Great Engravers are more luck than anything else to get them for RRP. And the 2023 Sovereign will not get the attention of the jubilee Sov. The Tudors are not for the immediate flip, so majority of the coins that are sold will go to collectors that hold the coin for long time. I think the Tudor Beasts will perform well, there is nothing else serious, what is easy to collect, out there. Right now is a good time to catch a TB coin for und bargain, like this 5 OZ yesterday. There are only 300 of them, how many you will see on the market in 2,3,4 years? Better a slow performance than a queue like the Great Engravers. I hope they will cut the mintage of the smaller denominations, the Seymour mintage of 1 & 2 OZ, gold and silver, is a bit to high imo.

Thanks.

Yeah at just under £400 i thought good price, the only problem for collector is that its not continuous set. 

Yeah, I have been tempted and considering the 1/4 ounce seymour panther gold proof but at £650 its abit high imo. 

I have been trying to justify it with looking at the queen beasts series. From what I can see (Not much and only looking at recently ebay listings.) they are usually under £650 so really hard to justify the gold proof at the moment, so am now tempted to just pick up the queens beast good lookers like the griffin, dragon, lions, hell all of them after. lol. I mean for me, regarding looks I like the griffin, dragon, lioin over the seymour panther. 

Obviously the queens beast have done well as the price was sold at a lower value.

Trying to decide by if you had a choice to pick up a griffin 1/4 ounce gold or a seymour panther  1/4 ounce gold if you didn't have any and can only choose one at this moment in time, im leaning towards the well estabished griffin. 

Any thoughts?  

Edited by Slam

For collecting reasons i would take the Seymour Panther, cause it makes not much sense to me, collecting backwards and pay a hell of a premium for a couple of issues. But usually i would take the cheaper one, if i like both. If it's only about which coin of these two looks better imo, the Griffin. So, as always, a tough decision.

3 hours ago, dikefalos said:

To me it looks like there will be no gold bullion, am i right?

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3892790

And the next coin should be the Lion of England. Will be great to compare to Jody Clark's one. After that issue we will know, where this series will go. 

I can only find a mention of silver bullion in the article but no specific mention of gold bullion .... Strange. I would agree with you but it's the first time I've looked through this type of thing so I'm not sure if I'm reading things properly. 

Screenshot_2021-12-25-14-21-12-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Hopefully they do have gold bullion. Quite disappointing if only silver. Trying to complete the set over 5 years with no milking is a hard game to play. 

Right. I'm starting to question if it's worth collecting the proof silvers simply for the milking problems. I hope the bullion has the same brushed/frosted look as the Perth mint lunar silver series. If they do I might switch to those.