• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

16 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Excellent, hopefully they make these ones flawless and you can finally start to enjoy them. You're a lesson in patience and perseverance! 

Yes it is

thanks but there was not much hype? as i managed to buy one now 

3 minutes ago, Mario007 said:

thanks but there was not much hype? as i managed to buy one now 

Oh there was a lot of excitement on here about them.... The day they were released the queue on the royal mint site was long and the phone lines were busy. They did seem to sell out at one point. They have since slowed down a bit as there's been a lot of other coin releases but I think the popularity is still there and will grow again now the new sovereign And the Gothic crown has been released. When the second coin comes  I think it'll respark the interest and the series will do well, but we shall see. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

When the second coin comes  I think it'll respark the interest and the series will do well

I think the same, if they nail the 2nd release (with commerative box), I expect a renewed interest and scramble to grab the remaining panthers

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I think the same, if they nail the 2nd release (with commerative box), I expect a renewed interest and scramble to grab the remaining panthers

Yep - agreed. For me the commemorative box will be the key issue. I think some people may be happy to wait to see what it is like knowing that the Mint won't sell out of the Panther in the meantime. My concern is that the box ends up being a bit crappy - like the previous ones that were not great (I am thinking about the three coin Cook set). 

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yep - agreed. For me the commemorative box will be the key issue. I think some people may be happy to wait to see what it is like knowing that the Mint won't sell out of the Panther in the meantime. My concern is that the box ends up being a bit crappy - like the previous ones that were not great (I am thinking about the three coin Cook set). 

If the box for the Tudor beasts turns out to be the same kind of box I have on the 1/4oz silver queen's beasts set I'll be happy. It looks like it from the pictures they show.

On 04/12/2021 at 11:24, Slam said:

Funny enough I was thinking the same thing this morning, I thought I'll check on some of mine today and it looks like the 1oz ones starting to milk already! Will probably check again in a few days. 

Although maybe milking I still feel the urge of keeping the coins as 1st in the series and free box, possibly very naive I feel im being but the coin looks good still. :(

These are the photos of the 1oz I returned for a refund. I can see what I think is the early signs of milk spotting.

B8F0DA3D-4D6F-4793-9E47-5A9CF455D8F4.jpeg

3988231B-7562-46B2-B8BC-38739DC5FC6B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

These are the photos of the 1oz I returned for a refund. I can see what I think is the early signs of milk spotting.

B8F0DA3D-4D6F-4793-9E47-5A9CF455D8F4.jpeg

3988231B-7562-46B2-B8BC-38739DC5FC6B.jpeg

What a shame mucker...  I'll have to get mine out and have a look. Mine were spotless so it'll be easy to see if there's any change. When is milk spotting most likely to happen if it's going to?

I sold the 1oz via a charity auction as I decided not to keep it and felt it was better to just sell to someone who did want it and raise some cash for a good cause. I haven’t heard any concerns from the buyer so presume it’s still ok!!

The 5oz is in fine form though it is my second as the first was returned. Pics of that first one are below.

The 1/4oz Gold is as stunning today as it was on the day I first looked at it.

I’m excited for the gold bullion range! 

8809884A-D987-4558-8B45-13E0474C5712.jpeg

9F9813A4-F14E-4E24-8E52-C48056A77466.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mario007 said:

Sorry the ignorance for box you intend the full collection ?

So at the launch you could of chose a single coin or sign up for a 10 coin set.

Signing up guarantees you will receive every coin in the series ( no more queuing on launch day) and includes a ( hopefully nice wooden box) when coin two is released. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

13 minutes ago, James32 said:

So at the launch you could of chose a single coin or sign up for a 10 coin set.

Signing up guarantees you will receive every coin in the series ( no more queuing on launch day) and includes a ( hopefully nice wooden box) when coin two is released. 

Thanks for explaining that to me

On 03/12/2021 at 15:52, James32 said:

You serious?

It's in my account as ordered on the 30th Nov ( no idea when it got marked as dispatched as only logged in today on the off chance)

Yeah returns will  just fire off a coin when they have one unless you contact customer services is what I was told. Then they may contact you about it.

1 minute ago, 272 said:

Yeah returns will  just fire off a coin when they have one unless you contact customer services is what I was told. Then they may contact you about it.

Ahh OK, must try ringing as the email trail is long dead lol 👍

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ahh OK, must try ringing as the email trail is long dead lol 👍

They told me to state it was an exchange due to quality issues so they check it although it didnt work for me!

28 minutes ago, 272 said:

They told me to state it was an exchange due to quality issues so they check it although it didnt work for me!

😅😅 I've learned that I only thought I had patience following you're story. But when they come good for you and they will,it will be worth the fight.

25 minutes ago, James32 said:

😅😅 I've learned that I only thought I had patience following you're story. But when they come good for you and they will,it will be worth the fight.

I flipping hope so -  I'm signed up for the whole collection and I dont want to be going through this every 6 months for the next 5 years!

Just now, 272 said:

I flipping hope so -  I'm signed up for the whole collection and I dont want to be going through this every 6 months for the next 5 years!

😅😅 the thought did cross my mind.