• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

8 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I guess remove any dust specks or micro debris. The quarter sovereign in my 3 coin set had a tiny thread that was on the inside of the capsule so foreign muck can get into the caps at the packing stage. Also left over residue removal from being struck or polished. 

such things should not affect the grade. just give them a blow of air when putting them in the Saflip

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

such things should not affect the grade. just give them a blow of air when putting them in the Saflip

That's the only things I can imagine they'd deal with from a newly minted coin but I understand what you're saying with regards to dust/ debris. Residue might need a little more attention though. 

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

That's the only things I can imagine they'd deal with from a newly minted coin but I understand what you're saying with regards to dust/ debris. Residue might need a little more attention though. 

even then, if swarf etc if baked into the surface of the coin, that's a sure fire Mint return IMO, but you could argue by the TPG rules, that is a minting issue and therefore shouldn't affect the grade.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

20 hours ago, Paul said:

Anyone awaiting their 5 coin set - check your RM account - it looks like mine is due to be delivered to me before end of today

No emails/updates with tracking info given - but tracking reference for DHL is in your RM account 

Hey Paul, did you receive your set in the end? My replacement was sent on the 23rd apparently and it doesn’t look like I will receive until the 5th January now! 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet or not, but the half, full and three-coin sets are back at the Royal Mint!

They're all showing as Awaiting Stock and can be ordered - and I'm guessing this is not an error, as they have also nudged the prices up slightly (now £325 for half, £600 for full, and £980 for the 3-coin set)

Only the four-coin and five-coin sets are showing as out of stock.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet or not, but the half, full and three-coin sets are back at the Royal Mint!

They're all showing as Awaiting Stock and can be ordered - and I'm guessing this is not an error, as they have also nudged the prices up slightly (now £325 for half, £600 for full, and £980 for the 3-coin set)

Thanks for that just ordered a 3 coin set. Happy new year 🎈 

Edited by Spanishsilver

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Was just about to post that! Well done 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, Dazlenk said:

So does this mean that they didn't mint the full run of coins first time around, 10,500 of full sovereigns for example?

I don't think they did. And with the capsule issues they had which turned into a lot of people returning for replacements, I'd say they got held up a bit as well. 

29 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I don't think they did. And with the capsule issues they had which turned into a lot of people returning for replacements, I'd say they got held up a bit as well. 

Maybe these "extra" coins are all the ones that got sent back!! Lol

4 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

Oh well f$#k it! I've ordered another full sov. My Mrs will go spare if she finds out!! 🙈

The trick is not to tell her and hide the bank statements 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Mtaybar said:

This is not financial advice and should not be taken as such 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

This is not financial advice and should not be taken as such 

She won't realise until YET ANOTHER small brown box comes through the post, at which point I'll point her in your direction if you don't mind! Lol  🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Dazlenk said:

She won't realise until YET ANOTHER small brown box comes through the post, at which point I'll point her in your direction if you don't mind! Lol  🤣🤣

The disclaimer is in there brother. If she finds out and there's an issue then you're on your own. Best of luck and happy new year 👍👍🤣🤣🤣