• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

9 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

I think the 4 coin set is the Best Buy. Low mintage and has the double. More affordable. 

I think the £2 gold in pf70 will be the sweet spot for max potential Vs mintage 

Five and full will probably outshine it in the long run. 

.but this full sov will be too common for.high mintage five pound too dear. So £2 may eek out a little niche sweet spot of demand.

Big enough to appreciate, cheap enough to be affordable

£2 gold could begin to be the new £5 gold for popularity to the masses because £££ 

Just now, Paul said:

I think the £2 gold in pf70 will be the sweet spot for max potential Vs mintage 

Five and full will probably outshine it in the long run. 

.but this full sov will be too common for.high mintage five pound too dear. So £2 may eek out a little niche sweet spot of demand.

Big enough to appreciate, cheap enough to be affordable

£2 gold could begin to be the new £5 gold for popularity to the masses because £££ 

Spot on mate. Now I’m wishing I bought more 4 coin sets😂😂

8 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

I'm pretty sure it's against eBay's T&C's to list items unless you can get them dispatched to the buyer within 30 days, due to the buyer protection, saw quite a few halo series X get removed from eBay as people were trying to sell them with like 2 months left before release. 

What's the dispatch time estimated for the 5 coin set? 

1 minute ago, Solachesis said:

I'm pretty sure it's against eBay's T&C's to list items unless you can get them dispatched to the buyer within 30 days, due to the buyer protection, saw quite a few halo series X get removed from eBay as people were trying to sell them with like 2 months left before release. 

What's the dispatch time estimated for the 5 coin set? 

Rm are stating 12 weeks. But like will be before 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Aside from all things topical

Where's our forum favourite green eye monster Barry on release day for his comments

Hope he hasn't bought from an authorized dealer post launch 

Imagine thinking the 5 coin set was sold out so you bought from a dealer instead 🤦‍♂️ 

Is the mint helping their dealers out with a drip feed? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

3 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Imagine thinking the 5 coin set was sold out so you bought from a dealer instead 🤦‍♂️ 

Is the mint helping their dealers out with a drip feed? 

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

He is having dinner with Wonga.

:) Out of reactions for today.

Spent up so  can't afford to upgrade 

3 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

1 x 4 coin set

2 x Full sovereigns

3 x Half sovereigns 

pleased with my purchases and might add a few more .

Yay !! Join the club.

Our past six Hours moan and groans here will pale into insignificance as dust settles and product slowly becomes less and unavailable 

Just now, Taikonaut said:

A lot of people said the 2022 Platinum Jubilee sovereign look pink because of its copper content but will the RM ever consider releasing a sovereign made from Clogau Welsh gold which happens to look pink.

All pure gold is gold coloured. Any 'pink' or 'rose' colouring is from the alloying (in the case of Sovs) or impurities (in the case of panned Gold). If you refined Clogau gold to 4 nines purity, it would look gold.

Would have loved this set advertised by CPM with an edition limit of just 30.

They'll have a rather interesting mark up price for this. 

Specifications

• Country of Issue: UK
  • Year of Issue: 2022
  • Coins: The UK 2022 Piedfort Sovereign and the UK 2022 QEII Memorial Piedfort
  • Sovereign
  • LEP: 30

Few 5coin sets on eBay, will have to look for. Nice 4coin set wouldn't mind getting my hands on and afew three coin sets 

uk-2022-qeii-and-kciii-piedfort-sovereign-pair-product-images-all-coins-obverse-reverse.jpg

18 minutes ago, foinikas said:

This was not advertised well, actually really badly as they sent an email 1 week before release and that was it.

I am sure I will get mine in a week or two as per usual 🤣

19 minutes ago, foinikas said:

These coins are a part of history, a wonderful design and the first sovereign of the new King.

This is where I think it's been particularly brilliant of the RM! It's the first with Charles, but it's ostensibly a 'memorial' for QEII (I don't think they emphasised this enough) which completes the 'handover' perfectly (plus they get to release an extra sov, lol). It's also an absolutely glorious design! Everything's set for the 2023 (G&D I am expecting) and the Coronation SotD (though I think they may mess these up with a mintage of 1000+), at these same higher prices but no doubt a lower mintage for the Sovereign - they will want a return to 'hot hot hot!'.

They've tested the waters and rightfully so imo, given everyone a chance to buy (even if they did mess up the 'Sold Out' and marketing) and tested the limits of what they can/should aim for. Lessons will be learned, Charlie is not as popular as they'd guessed - next year (his official first) at a far lesser mintage (imo) may actually be the one to go for.

4 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Depends what we deem a winner, but in terms of desirability and importance yes, 100% its going to be desirable and important forever more. Its a superb design and the first sovereign of a new monarch and we shouldn’t let the madness of release days distract us from the bigger picture.

Its only in very recent years have any coins sold out in the first days / few hrs (since mid 2020) and that was due to the very weird and pumpy environment we were in. 1989, 2002, 2005, 2012, 2016 & 2017 and everything in between took days if not weeks (and probably months on the early ones). These will all be sold out soon enough if that is what some measure success by.

In terms of mintages these (the 5 and 2 anyway) are low for proof coronation / first of a monarch sovereign sets if you look at anything from Edward VII 1902 proof set onwards. Regardless of what comes, this set is as important as any sovereign set that marked a new monarch and also rarer than most, with the odd exception (1953 for example). Arguably for Sovereign collectors, particularly type collectors this is the most significant and important release in 85yrs, since George VI.

1902 5 coin proof set 8,000 ish sets

1911 5 coin proof set - 2,800 ish sets

1937 5 coin proof set - 5,001 sets

1953 5 coin proof set - 3 or 4 sets

2022 5 coin proof set - 1200 sets (less than 2000 2 Sovereigns in total)

as something to think about, even the 1839 Una has reported mintage of 400 and I doubt that fully accounts for the extra’s struck in the years following 1839.

i grade so I've picked up a few sets todays where I could, i’ll put a 5 coin 70 set together and then move the rest on, a  profit would be nice but not essential.

These are superb and i think once im hand collectors will be very reluctant to let them go.

When you put things like that it's proof in the pudding/mintges 

New to proofs and the like past few years.

Buy and HODL with little downside 

Watch and enjoy as and when.thimgs are sold, flipped, graded and sold. 

Enjoy the journey, little downside risk, fingers crossed  hopefully 

16 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Depends what we deem a winner, but in terms of desirability and importance yes, 100% its going to be desirable and important forever more. Its a superb design and the first sovereign of a new monarch and we shouldn’t let the madness of release days distract us from the bigger picture.

Its only in very recent years have any coins sold out in the first days / few hrs (since mid 2020) and that was due to the very weird and pumpy environment we were in. 1989, 2002, 2005, 2012, 2016 & 2017 and everything in between took days if not weeks (and probably months on the early ones). These will all be sold out soon enough if that is what some measure success by.

In terms of mintages these (the 5 and 2 anyway) are low for proof coronation / first of a monarch sovereign sets if you look at anything from Edward VII 1902 proof set onwards. Regardless of what comes, this set is as important as any sovereign set that marked a new monarch and also rarer than most, with the odd exception (1953 for example). Arguably for Sovereign collectors, particularly type collectors this is the most significant and important release in 85yrs, since George VI.

2022 5 coin proof set (KCIII) - 1200 sets (less than 2000 2 Sovereigns in total)

as something to think about, even the 1839 Una has reported mintage of 400 and I doubt that fully accounts for the extra’s struck in the years following 1839.

i grade so I've picked up a few sets todays where I could, i’ll put a 5 coin 70 set together and then move the rest on, a  profit would be nice but not essential.

These are superb and i think once im hand collectors will be very reluctant to let them go

image.png.c2761d35226def60fd76da382e0c0bda.png

25 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

2022 5 coin proof set (KCIII) - 1200 sets (less than 2000 2 Sovereigns in total)

These are superb and i think once im hand collectors will be very reluctant to let them go.

Some great points👍

Edited by AurumArgenti

26 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Comment of the day, 100% agree with everything you say here

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion