• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

20 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Yeah two of mine were not screwed on and the tops came off when trying to loo at them

I know the QC can be bad but don't chuck them down the Loo!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

So.....

After my first inspection of the coins I thought it prudent to have a much closer look. 

3/10 are not good

Marks which at first I thought were possible capsule/dust related are most certainly scratches are visible to the naked eye. 

Now, there has been a lot of talk on this thread about the hype, flipping market and the constant milking by the Royal Mint of the super successful series of the Queen's Beasts.

I love this series, I love this release I think they are the best coin designs out there, period. I am very much looking to collect this set and hold it and enjoy it for a good long time. If and when the time comes to sell it I would of course be very happy to see a financial return on it. Quality aids that and to that end this is why it is such a big deal for most people, flipping aside. 

So....

I have just spoken with my account manager and the set will be going back. Upon inspection the quality team will make an assessment as to whether these coins are "up to the quality expected of the Royal Mint" and then look to do one of the following where most appropriate.

a) Replace with any other available sets that meet the quality control standards

b) Restrike the set (my account manager said this was possible but not guaranteed as it very much case dependant)

c) If neither of the above is possible then I can have the set returned to me so I can at least guarantee I get the coins

d) Full refund

So, we will see how it goes...I will keep you all informed on the process as best as I can but it will likely take weeks to process, so we will see. 

I will be sharing a close look at these coins in a video to be released tomorrow so we can all see up close what the standard is like and the issues at hand. 

Disappointed BYB...

Over & Out

PXL_20210701_131254634.jpg

PXL_20210701_131329310.jpg

PXL_20210701_131524002.jpg

Milk spots ffs what a real shame for you guys that bought the 2oz set. I hope RM come through for you, maybe some of the people who send sets back for a refund RM customer service may cherry pick the good coins from returns & send decent sets back to those that want a replacement.

I cannot for the life of me think when RM allegedly inspect the coins before casing them up how those coins with milk spots get through, unless they have been trawling the local blind school again for recruits. 

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

2 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Milk spots ffs what a real shame for you guys that bought the 2oz set. I hope RM come through for you, maybe some of the people who send sets back for a refund RM customer service may cherry pick the good coins from returns & send decent sets back to those that want a replacement.

I cannot for the life of me think when RM allegedly inspect the coins before casing them up how those coins with milk spots get through, unless they have been trawling the local blind school again for recruits. 

Totally agree, I don't know how scratches like mine are missed either let alone the ruddy big dent in my box!

My 2oz silver proof Completer arrived this morning.  Given that there was a debate about how many the Royal Mint would have for sale, and the suggestion that quite a number of the 750 would be going to dealers, it might be useful to look at the certificate numbers to see the range that people have.  My number was 615.  On eBay I have noted 518 and 67? (could not see the last number).  So, if you have a number outside of this range, please report it.

30 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So.....

After my first inspection of the coins I thought it prudent to have a much closer look. 

3/10 are not good

Marks which at first I thought were possible capsule/dust related are most certainly scratches are visible to the naked eye. 

Now, there has been a lot of talk on this thread about the hype, flipping market and the constant milking by the Royal Mint of the super successful series of the Queen's Beasts.

I love this series, I love this release I think they are the best coin designs out there, period. I am very much looking to collect this set and hold it and enjoy it for a good long time. If and when the time comes to sell it I would of course be very happy to see a financial return on it. Quality aids that and to that end this is why it is such a big deal for most people, flipping aside. 

So....

I have just spoken with my account manager and the set will be going back. Upon inspection the quality team will make an assessment as to whether these coins are "up to the quality expected of the Royal Mint" and then look to do one of the following where most appropriate.

a) Replace with any other available sets that meet the quality control standards

b) Restrike the set (my account manager said this was possible but not guaranteed as it very much case dependant)

c) If neither of the above is possible then I can have the set returned to me so I can at least guarantee I get the coins

d) Full refund

So, we will see how it goes...I will keep you all informed on the process as best as I can but it will likely take weeks to process, so we will see. 

I will be sharing a close look at these coins in a video to be released tomorrow so we can all see up close what the standard is like and the issues at hand. 

Disappointed BYB...

Over & Out

On a mintage of 310 this is becoming a real issue for the RM.... How long would it take two people to do a review with a loupe to ensure quality... On higher mintages ok... but this is a premium product... Would Bentley release a car if it had even the slightest of issue... me thinks not

5 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

My 2oz silver proof Completer arrived this morning.  Given that there was a debate about how many the Royal Mint would have for sale, and the suggestion that quite a number of the 750 would be going to dealers, it might be useful to look at the certificate numbers to see the range that people have.  My number was 615.  On eBay I have noted 518 and 67? (could not see the last number).  So, if you have a number outside of this range, please report it.

The 2 OZ Completer is an LPM exclusive coin, the RM had some (100?) and i think, the 2 OZ at any other dealer is coming through LPM. I've seen the 2 OZ, except of LPM, only at silbersammler and goldsilver.be.

34 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So.....

3/10 are not good

So....

d) Full refund

Disappointed BYB...

Over & Out

I was offered these options too. I went with option d :( . The coins are beautiful though which is why I am having second thoughts, lol. 

3 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Wow - I missed the boat on this release by a few days! How do people find out about releases like this - just luck? I'm on the newsletter and now questioning why.  

Some people are questioning why they bought this release.

Just now, Slam said:

I was offered these options too. I went with option d :( . The coins are beautiful though which is why I am having second thoughts, lol. 

You can choose options when they give you all the options that are available, so for me I don't have to decide right now.

15 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

674 FOR ME

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Looks "ok" on first look.

The falcon looks terrible. I noticed some of the other coins had what looked like very fine stubble on the outside thankfully. This seems inside and just looks grubby 😞

20210701_131843.jpg

Looks like the wife has been shaving her legs again in the bath!   

joking  aside it’s an easy fix, get a rocket blower from a camera shop use this to blast the stubble of the coin.

13 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Looks like the wife has been shaving her legs again in the bath!   

joking  aside it’s an easy fix, get a rocket blower from a camera shop use this to blast the stubble of the coin.

I was considering that but I think there are also white marks which might be on the coin which you might be able to see of picture.

Perhaps its shaving foam?

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

The 2 OZ Completer is an LPM exclusive coin, the RM had some (100?) and i think, the 2 OZ at any other dealer is coming through LPM. I've seen the 2 OZ, except of LPM, only at silbersammler and goldsilver.be.

How can LPM call it an exclusive, when it wasn't?

I bought the 2oz and the 1/4oz set. I have the 2oz and have already posted it to its lovely new owner. It was in beautiful condition. I will be keeping the 1/4oz set. My Account Manager said it would be with me in August as I was slow to order. All good. Please share CoA’s if you are returning that set so we can see if any get recycled!

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

My 2 oz gold set hasn't turned up yet! 🙂

2oz gold !? Didn't realise they were for sale.  Not that I would have been looking anywhere near that price bracket. You could probably buy my car a few times over for that !