• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

3 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Slam0800 032 2154

Thats there number phone and ask for a returns label and they will email it to you. 

Many thanks, the number i got from google is 0800 032 2152. Im hoping they collect the parcel.

I guess proof coins/sets are not all they are cranked up to be?

Edited by Slam

To the Royal mint's credit they have always been very good at their returns process.

I mean, they have had enough practice at it....

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

To the Royal mint's credit they have always been very good at their returns process.

I mean, they have had enough practice at it....

thanks, honestly that is very comforting to hear right now. 

Edited by Slam

I got my 2 oz completer today too. Looks perfect to my eyes, so the RM got something right today at least.

We will see how they handle this bad box situation I find myself in.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

15 minutes ago, Slam said:

Many thanks, the number i got from google is 0800 032 2152. Im hoping they collect the parcel.

I guess proof coins/sets are not all they are cranked up to be?

Although they provide a returns solution.. on the receipt you get in the box yo can tear the bottom bit off.. I do that and then send back by SD and then claim the money.. gets there quicker and with more piece of mind

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

Although they provide a returns solution.. on the receipt you get in the box yo can tear the bottom bit off.. I do that and then send back by SD and then claim the money.. gets there quicker and with more piece of mind

If they arrange collection, doesn't it mean its out of my hands and they are responsible for it? Also doesn't cost you more money for sending it back? Or are you saying you can claim back postage you paid to send and also the new SD for returning?

Ill give them a buzz before I do anything

1 minute ago, Slam said:

If they arrange collection, doesn't it mean its out of my hands and they are responsible for it? Also doesn't cost you more money for sending it back? Or are you saying you can claim back postage you paid to send and also the new SD for returning?

Ill give them a buzz before I do anything

I don't think they arrange collection... all I have ever found is a means to print out a postage label.... mine came by RM ...

1 hour ago, FlorinCollector said:

Phone the RM. The only option for this issue is refund as they do not hold back any sets for issues. Going to complain as whenever I buy from here there is issues. So now I have to decide but I think the only option really is to return it. Paying £1,800 for absolute s***.

Spoke to RM and they said they will see if they can get a replacement for me?

Will let you know how I get on... :(

Looks "ok" on first look.

The falcon looks terrible. I noticed some of the other coins had what looked like very fine stubble on the outside thankfully. This seems inside and just looks grubby 😞

20210701_131843.jpg

Just now, Slam said:

Ah, so from my experience, their customer services is generally very good but they do sometimes give out generic information. So customer services staff may be briefed to say no replacements when there is actually a chance of receiving one...

You do have to wonder though, if there are many returns then maybe they will put complete sets together out of the good returned coins...

Just a quick one I missed the 2oz completer coin but luckily enough I managed to get 1 today, I also have the option of getting a 2oz set today would it be a good buy for the set ? 

4 minutes ago, Slam said:

They have said, send them back and it will go through quality control etc and if they feel the standards are not to their standards they will do a restrike? The lady said that means they will recreate the coins from new? Is that correct?

Cant imagine they would go all the effect for one set?

Still undecided whether to send them back for quality control or get a refund. Feels like hassle so refund might be the way forward.

I do not get it, this is a beautiful set from the RM yet the quality checks seem to be shockingly awful. If I were to buy this set I would expect a perfect box and all ten coins to be 69 / 70. You are very fortunate if you have a set/s you are happy to keep.

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Mouse hairs from the falcon’s last dinner.

I might try and blow them off later with a squeezy blower thing , completely forgotten what it's called!

It also looks like there are white marks inside anyway.

It's likely going back whether I get a replacement or not. It's the most disappointed I have been !

They only had 300 sets to get mostly right !

Just now, NewCoins said:

I might try and blow them off later with a squeezy blower thing , completely forgotten what it's called!

It also looks like there are white marks inside anyway.

It's likely going back whether I get a replacement or not. It's the most disappointed I have been !

They only had 300 sets to get mostly right !

I would just send it back. You could try the ‘bellows’ but you don’t want to be accused by the mint of causing any damage yourself. Unlikely, but best to err on the side of caution. 

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I would just send it back. You could try the ‘bellows’ but you don’t want to be accused by the mint of causing any damage yourself. Unlikely, but best to err on the side of caution. 

To be honest most of the capsules weren't on tightly anyway. Which is possibly part of the problem.

But, its probably good advice. 👍

3 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Slam Fingers crossed for you mate. Mine is going back first thing tomorrow morning and I put a complaint in like itll do anything 😂

Yeah, Im thinking to just get the refund, its taken a shine off things tbh. Greatful for this experience though so hopefully saves me a few bob in the future. 

Edited by Slam

14 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

To be honest most of the capsules weren't on tightly anyway. Which is possibly part of the problem.

But, its probably good advice. 👍

Yeah I found that the capsules weren't on properly on most of the coins too. 

Box is in pristine condition though. 😭