• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

I would look into purchasing your own safe, can you imagine the hassle if something happened when they were with your mate, his insurers would have a field day knocking that claim back..

They would ask him for proof of purchase etc, even bought off here you will have a paper trail for the buys but your mate wouldnt

My safe would hold that no problem and cost about £200 quid i think

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

9 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I would look into purchasing your own safe, can you imagine the hassle if something happened when they were with your mate, his insurers would have a field day knocking that claim back..

They would ask him for proof of purchase etc, even bought off here you will have a paper trail for the buys but your mate wouldnt

Good point.

2 hours ago, Gordy said:

That isn't one of those safes lockpicking lawyer opens in three seconds by any chance...lol

On 25/03/2022 at 05:47, LawrenceChard said:

Good!

Here are a few more photos:

1861victoriayoungheadgoldfullsovereignwithanomaliesobvwithoverlayofsupermacroviewofR-4000.thumb.jpg.16138b8a624f016c2f1087a391b94423.jpg

Double or Overstruck R

1861victoriayoungheadgoldfullsovereignwithanomaliesobvwithoverlayofsupermacroviewofC-4000.thumb.jpg.d8c17b3b8601db49d2a608dcc67e98fc.jpg

C over O? in Victoria

1861victoriayoungheadgoldfullsovereignwithanomaliesobvwithoverlayofsupermacroviewof8-4000.thumb.jpg.9be1ee32eb08cd54445af6813e20786a.jpg

8 over ? in date

1861victoriayoungheadgoldfullsovereignwithanomaliesobvwithoverlayofexpandedviewof8crop.thumb.jpg.da3ae1921f5c3a273afcb4138157fa43.jpg

Another view of 8 in date.

A lovely example, and that's why collecting is so interesting with many interesting varieties in a single year, especially in earlier Victorian coins.  This interesting 1861 shilling is with VI"C"TORIA over C as well.

1861 Shilling.jpg

1 hour ago, Bruce06 said:

A lovely example, and that's why collecting is so interesting with many interesting varieties in a single year, especially in earlier Victorian coins.  This interesting 1861 shilling is with VI"C"TORIA over C as well.

1861 Shilling.jpg

I would bet that at the time, hardly anyone noticed these mint errors.

Now, anything like it gets a half page in every national newpaper, prime time radio and TV.

Chards

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I would bet that at the time, hardly anyone noticed these mint errors.

Now, anything like it gets a half page in every national newpaper, prime time radio and TV.

Think so. by the way, craftsmanship at that moment is much much better than now, maybe due to cost consideration. All things now are just flat.

Edited by Bruce06

3 hours ago, FFposh said:

Morning everyone, further to my Au and Pt stack photo earlier this month, I've found an old shot of the Ag I used to have (🤔), to share. 

3 of everything as expected, plus a few miscellaneous @BackyardBullion pieces. 

With a rough conversion from metric for some of it, we are looking at about 310oz all in, the majority of it purchased from forum members since I joined the forum last summer.

Au and Pt photo thrown in for good measure!!

And that was it before it joined Davy Jones of course 😞.

Forgot 3 x 1oz proofs of  each the Panther and the Lion Tudor Beasts

PXL_20220330_092345014.jpg

PXL_20220330_091655317.jpg

PXL_20220330_091649720.jpg

PXL_20220330_091622932.jpg

PXL_20220330_091628394.jpg

PXL_20220305_103421979.jpg

Great stack and nicely displayed !

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2022 at 15:27, Paul said:

Also known as the "this-is-more-money-than-you-will-earn-in-your-entire-life-combined" stack.

Then again, if inflation of fiat keeps up, we might all be billionaires...!

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

27 minutes ago, Lyrinn said:

Also known as the "this-is-more-money-than-you-will-earn-in-your-entire-life-combined" stack.

Then again, if inflation of fiat keeps up, we might all be billionaires...!

If we were all billionaires we'd all be poor. Rich people are only rich because of the poor folks, they should thank us not look down on us lol. 

On 09/04/2022 at 19:46, CANV said:

Love a Baird.  My ultimate pile would be a Baird 10 Oz minted  silver (which they don’t do alas) platinum, gold and palladium 

They do 250g minted, which is lovely, and very nearly 10oz...

1 hour ago, StelliosDriver said:

Just starting out

IMG_20220411_202003.jpg

Brilliant start. A job begun is a job half done and all that!😀

On 14/12/2015 at 21:09, HelpingHands said:

UK Pre-Decimal Silver Thread...

Photos only please.  Any chat please use the discussion thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George IV 1825 Half Crown

The topic heading "UK Pre-Decimal Silver Thread..."

is almost an oxymoron, as UK silver coin production stopped after 1946, and decimalisation occured in 1971, so no silver circulation coinage was issued post decimalisation.

Of course, some silver coins have been produced, namely Maundy Money, but also silver proof versions of many different commemorative coins, from about 1972 onwards.

😎

Chards

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, James32 said:

Stunning 😍 

10 minutes ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

Coming along nicely. Mostly hand poured and micro mint

PXL_20220525_141132102.jpg

PXL_20220525_141318017.jpg

PXL_20220525_141323213.jpg

PXL_20220525_141325215.jpg

PXL_20220525_141327475.jpg

PXL_20220525_141332621.jpg

PXL_20220525_141339370.jpg

PXL_20220525_141342308.jpg

Nice famine bars too... sold out at Pheli

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.