• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

16 hours ago, matt1r said:

Finally completed one collection, fingers crossed the 2022 comes back a 70 😊

F2246415-7890-4864-9062-13BA8858CB0A.jpeg

Congrats! That's a sight to behold! I feel proud just looking at it! Sure you must be.

Please look regularly and enjoy, after all of the time and expense, It doesn't cost anything to look now! 

Thanks for sharing this. 

18 hours ago, matt1r said:

Nope they didn’t mint any half sovereigns that year for whatever reason.

That sucks...I didn't know what you store them in but I have a 50 slab holder case, aluminum with glass cover that holds both ngc and pcgs slabs, sounds like a good carrier for you if you want to hit shows with them...got it off ebay, not display and it holds them standing up but stops jiggling around and foam holders.

12 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

That sucks...I didn't know what you store them in but I have a 50 slab holder case, aluminum with glass cover that holds both ngc and pcgs slabs, sounds like a good carrier for you if you want to hit shows with them...got it off ebay, not display and it holds them standing up but stops jiggling around and foam holders.

Yea I’ve seen the ones you mean I’ve thought about it but I’ve currently got lots of ngc boxes so that suffices for the time being. Will have to see for the future, depends how big the collection gets 😂

On 06/01/2022 at 17:50, matt1r said:

Finally completed one collection, fingers crossed the 2022 comes back a 70 😊

F2246415-7890-4864-9062-13BA8858CB0A.jpeg

Simply brilliant @matt1r.

Slightly curious if you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take to collect these beauties? It was your comment on the full sovereigns, that got me wondering.

1 hour ago, ZigZag said:

Simply brilliant @matt1r.

Slightly curious if you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take to collect these beauties? It was your comment on the full sovereigns, that got me wondering.

Took me just under 2years from first to last so not too bad. I think the full sovereigns are going to take me about another 4 years to complete (only have 10 so far). 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2022 at 17:41, LiquidMetalsUK said:

Been a while. Since I sold up my first stack to buy a house end of last year I'm now in a position to buy purely what i like. I am a full collector and it's been refreshing to not worry about cost average and can I resell it. this is my personal stack so doesent matter to me. Very different from my last post on this thread 🤣🤣

I want to see your original stack now 😛... but cant be arsed to scroll back through umpteen pages 🤪

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

1 hour ago, LiquidMetalsUK said:

This was it without the gold which was in the safe 🤣🤣

You have excellent taste Sir,  I ended up scrolling through umpteen pages after clicking your link 🤦‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

6 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

A lovely 2021 Proof 150g Silver Panda. (Maximum mintage 60,000).

Picked up this coin a while ago. 

Ordered a 2022 edition too. Awaiting delivery. 👍

IMG_20220207_150725.jpg

IMG_20220207_150905_edit_14203131620726.jpg

IMG_20220207_151134_edit_14370128316288.jpg

IMG_20220207_151157_edit_14414184985229.jpg

IMG_20220207_151259_edit_14452406321360.jpg

I have the 2020 edition, now your photos make me feel I need to complete the series 😅

2 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

Recently picked up the entire 2022 fractional GML set.  From left to right: one tenth, one quarter, one half, and 1 oz 2022 Canadian GML.   Enjoy!

2022Au.thumb.jpg.ce0683257af9b32f49f7d8904a08a2a1.jpg

you.re missing the 1g coin, ran out of money? 

On 23/09/2021 at 20:47, LawrenceChard said:

Another reason not to beat yourself up about "veiled" heads:

The Royal Mint don't know either, and they have been around for 1100 years according to their P.R.

😎

I just happened to see this old thread, and thought I would check the RM site again...

B.I.N.G.O.

They appear to have noticed, and corrected their ****-up:

625221498_1893-1901VictoriaOldVeiledHeadCrown-LondonCorrected.thumb.jpg.c8154b27f502ab4fe50b3692dd5b9fa6.jpg

Of course, it could have been done anytime between my last update and now, but it still took them long enough.

Perhaps their new Marketing Consultant @BarryWoods has been in and kicked ass!

😎

* The 4 letter word which TSF has asterisked began with a C and ended in K, not F and K.

Edited by LawrenceChard
Disambiguation of ****

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I just happened to see this old thread, and thought I would check the RM site again...

B.I.N.G.O.

They appear to have noticed, and corrected their ****-up:

625221498_1893-1901VictoriaOldVeiledHeadCrown-LondonCorrected.thumb.jpg.c8154b27f502ab4fe50b3692dd5b9fa6.jpg

Of course, it could have been done anytime between my last update and now, but it still took them long enough.

Perhaps their new Marketing Consultant @BarryWoods has been in and kicked ass!

😎

* The 4 letter word which TSF has asterisked began with a C and ended in K, not F and K.

Why not just leave it in the other thread Lawrence - 

But do keep it up, we do know RM Marketing read these forums..   

Maybe they are thinking..... with this sort of attitude to customers, do we really want Chard -

but of course,  I imagine you are far far far too important for them? ...

15 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Maybe they are thinking..... with this sort of attitude to customers, do we really want Chard -

You're far too modest, Barry.

Surely the way you have kicked ass at the RM deseerves wider acclaim and attention.

But do keep it up,

OK, will do if you say so.

we do know RM Marketing read these forums..   

But  do they? How do you know? Got insider information?

Maybe they are thinking..... with this sort of attitude to customers,

That's ambiguous, and muddled. Whose "attitude to customers"?

but of course,  I imagine you are far far far 

You can say that again.

Maybe you could help sort Putin out?

😎

Chards

3 hours ago, BarryWoods said:

Anyone that has the courage to ski in speedos might be worth keeping on side Barry 😊

I like to buy the pre-dip dip