• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

2 minutes ago, Auronum said:

Mythical monsters of the deep, a beautifully designed .999 fine Silver 1oz coin struck with an antique finish.

This design was limited to just 5,000 pieces, grab yours on the Auronum website whilst stocks last

35177387-54D4-4210-BADF-FF8BC5958BB3.jpeg

I like the tone on these!

Just now, Petra said:

Looks great😮👍

Nice bar😮🤔

Yeah it’s a chonky boi. 

although since getting my Germania Kilo bar, it’s lost its wow factor! Something about holding a kilo is special…. Made me think about selling all the gold and buying a kilo gold bar, but I wouldn’t look forward to the difficulty of liquidating it when the time comes 😂

On 11/10/2023 at 13:24, Silverlocks said:

@Olliecobs - Now get a bit of gold.  A few sovereigns is a good start for the UK, although not the be-all and end-all by any means.  There are a few dealers that are usually good for sovs - Hatton Garden Metals, Baird Mint, Blundell's, Gerrards - or our very own @Sh97if.  

This aged well 😆 🤣 😂 

16 minutes ago, Olliecobs said:

Oh I’ve got a little bit. Just wanted to explore silver. 
here’s my gold 😀

1d750df0-98d4-4713-a29c-864890fb5a16.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Olliecobs said:

And some Krugs 

a314523f-83a2-4a64-8a3c-4062ac1c824e.jpeg

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

• Founder & Administrator
21 minutes ago, Olliecobs said:

Oh I’ve got a little bit. Just wanted to explore silver. 
here’s my gold 😀

1d750df0-98d4-4713-a29c-864890fb5a16.jpeg

Super nice gold bar there! 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

35 minutes ago, Olliecobs said:

Yeah it’s a chonky boi. 

although since getting my Germania Kilo bar, it’s lost its wow factor! Something about holding a kilo is special…. Made me think about selling all the gold and buying a kilo gold bar, but I wouldn’t look forward to the difficulty of liquidating it when the time comes 😂

I think large gold bars are really designed to spend their lives in vaults.  Dealers will be a tad suspicious of folks turning up with 1kg bars out of the blue.  If you bought a 400 oz bar and took it out of audited storage the buyer is likely to want to re-assay the bar if you sell it back.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

5 hours ago, Olliecobs said:

Yeah it’s a chonky boi. 

If you like the kilo bar, I've got a 40oz poured Rolo from @BackyardBullion - It's a beast, it feels amazing to hold due to that same size/weight factor of a kilo bar.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 23:00, Olliecobs said:

Yeah it’s a chonky boi. 

Easy to liquidate anything… it’s the price at which you would need to do it that would hurt! ;) 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

2023 Coronation 1oz gold coin(s) - Proof and Reverse Proof

I wasn't sure where to put this photo.  There's isn't a 'miscellaneous UK coin photo' thread, or even a 'miscellaneous coin photo thread'.  Maybe we should have one.  @ChrisSilver?

Anyway, I got out my (virtual) welding torch, and created this.

image.thumb.png.167ac6e0fca1eba2c7c3a397e1b8e069.png

Messing with the light?🤔😮😁

13 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Good guess but no. It's two different coins photographed about 5 months apart.

Top left is the proof, bottom right is the reverse proof.

I have blended the two photos together in Photoshop.

🤔🤔you’re getting too sharp!🤔😮😁