• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

On 22/05/2022 at 16:04, SidS said:

Treasure you say?

IMG_20220522_154719.jpg

@SidS - Lovely treasure selection there!  Very intrigued as to what specific coins you have there (I can see some W&M coins and a James II as well as Charles II, William III, Anne, Georges 1, 2 and 3.  Which are your favourites?

15 hours ago, Stuntman said:

@SidS - Lovely treasure selection there!  Very intrigued as to what specific coins you have there (I can see some W&M coins and a James II as well as Charles II, William III, Anne, Georges 1, 2 and 3.  Which are your favourites?

I love the Charles II coins the most.

There's a good mixture of denominations, £12 11s face.

Charles, James and WM are a few examples of crowns, halfcrowns and shillings. I can't find any cheap, circulated sixpences.

William III, Anne and George II are crowns, halfcrowns, shillings and sixpences.

George I and III are just shillings and sixpences (the larger coins are way out of my price range for George I).

I've been buying them on and off for the past ten years. Most are G-VF grades. I quite like picking up bent coins which have been straightened. They can have great detail but are much cheaper.

Some are ex-mount, the odd one might have some subtle engraving or the odd counterstamp. One or two have been gilded and made to look like guineas.

The majority though are just honest, problem free coins which have been used.

The prices for these coins have exploded in recent years though. I doubt I could pick any of these up now for what I paid just five years ago.

I told you I sold off all my gold, well this was the stuff I was buying with the proceeds.

Playing the numismatic market a little.

I prefer these to sovereigns anyhow. I used to collect Early Milled sixpences by date, sold them years ago and missed them. Decided I wanted a more broad set, but I couldn't afford EFs.

Edited by SidS

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Nice box. Love a good box lol.

Especially hardly used one! 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

Happy 2nd Anniversary to me! Nice to see it all together again (if only for a brief photo op)

Added just over 4.2oz of bullions to last years 7.5oz plus a proof 1/2 2022 Sov so happy with that.

Still need to work on getting my first 1oz coin thou!! 

Onward and upwards!! 

D0ABDD8D-123F-4B96-820B-0C6564DDA3A1.jpeg

Cool stuff! 

I bet it makes you feel like Smaug from the Hobbit. 😁

Happy 2nd Anniversary to me! Nice to see it all together again (if only for a brief photo op)

Added just over 4.2oz of bullions to last years 7.5oz plus a proof 1/2 2022 Sov so happy with that.

Onward and upwards!! 

Nicely varied collection 👍

Onward and upwards!! 

building up a nice little stash there @Fishface220

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 01:16, Rugbyplayer said:

Having the bulk of my wee stack in one place is rare so I took the opportunity to take a few pics before they went on their merry way again.

20220803_212741.thumb.jpg.b89b609fd48172b7e2ef86aca2bc16fe.jpg

20220803_211320.thumb.jpg.072c51d3c4a2a3940acd804e602367ca.jpg

Nice to see ! That(s the bad thing about our "hobby," we can not see it all together as much as we would like it ...

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, EdwardTeach said:

After four months of saving (including two big bonuses) I finally managed to buy the last coin on Friday evening just minutes before they sold out. They mean a lot to me these ones because they’re the 2022 Jubilee edition Sovereigns and I bought the last one on the same day the Queen died. 😢

IMG_1664.JPG

Congrats mucker. Very nice collection and one for keeps. Impressive achievement. 

36 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Today is look at treasure Sunday....... my boat might sink soon...... 

September 2022 Stack.jpg

You soon will need a container ship, or a bigger cave, instead of a boat. Not that a container ship doesn't sink, but at least it will be able to leave the harbor.

Lovely pirate treasure👍

Some of the Canadian glass insects/bugs coins

image.thumb.jpeg.44d168e87e1abfe161364f995ccc5df5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c28151269506b98c617977093da90962.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.548c96d2f7ade3c9e88b3a4eef36479a.jpeg635141282_2014Frog.thumb.jpg.8508116c2e8b3c48674ea8768e042207.jpg

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

Close up of some of the Canadian insects/bugs

image.thumb.jpeg.5746ff7dcae0420610ff1273ed9b86d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.60a1bfe786f32c02da3b103f188c1e6c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.39c4505a6764cc7b72838beb7eff2ed2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b4f4c30cccf04e14d663e4643223adf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5b88aed4b9c88fab22ad5703287354d3.jpeg

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

Slower progress now after a busy first month

IMG_0958.jpg

very nice but you need some platinum in there, just sayin😁

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024