• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

36 minutes ago, louisfinlay said:

There are a large amount achieving a 70 grade. Anyone getting a 69 should hold for at least a year in my opinion. Possibly longer. 

I haven't looked at the numbers,  but I think it was said earlier that sovereign rarities may have submitted 100 or so. They were selling a 70 for something like 5250 or something.

On 01/04/2021 at 22:24, Allgoldcoins said:

Seem a little expensive to me, I would sell my 5 oz silver for $6000 - they are not giving the coins away that is for sure.

2 kilo isn't a coin its basically a brick, there has to be a limit to what is a coin somewhere? 

Is there any news on when the I kilo silver will be issued and what the mintage will be ? Presumably it won't be available from the RM  ( at least it is not listed there) but from its Sovereign Rarities "branch " as we now think of it?

8 minutes ago, Numis65 said:

Is there any news on when the I kilo silver will be issued and what the mintage will be ? Presumably it won't be available from the RM  ( at least it is not listed there) but from its Sovereign Rarities "branch " as we now think of it?

The RM has already sold out of the 1 kilo silver. The last batch is being sold by the Britannia Coin Company. There is no news on the release date but it will be at some point this month. There will also be a premium on the kilo so you should expect to pay (much) more than the RM price tag.

6 hours ago, ExpatBrian said:

For those interested in the 1 kilo silver Three Graces, they have just been listed on the BCC website!

Who’s pulling the trigger?

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/the-three-graces-1kg-silver/

098DFCEE-46EC-4630-A2C8-CE978C6EAC43.png

In a few months this might seem like a bargain considering how much a two ou c silver goes for currently.

16 minutes ago, louisfinlay said:

In a few months this might seem like a bargain considering how much a two ou c silver goes for currently.

All power to those who can manage one of these at this price but imho it seems an awful lot to pay for a modern silver coin with an issue of c 150 however stunning it may be and notwithstanding that per oz it is cheaper than the smaller equivalents and has  a lower mintage .

On 05/04/2021 at 18:08, ExpatBrian said:

The RM has already sold out of the 1 kilo silver. The last batch is being sold by the Britannia Coin Company. There is no news on the release date but it will be at some point this month. There will also be a premium on the kilo so you should expect to pay (much) more than the RM price tag.

Do you know the definite mintage number Brian? Thanks 🙏  

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

18 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Do you know the definite mintage number Brian? Thanks 🙏  

The mintage is 100.

Considering a 10oz 3G is selling for roughly £10k and has a higher mintage, the 1 kilo is a bargain in comparison.  LPM has exclusive rights to the 2kg and that is selling for about £28k (mintage of 50). I would have thought the start price on the 1 kilo from BCC would have been higher... I do think they are listing it at fair market value.

9 minutes ago, ExpatBrian said:

The mintage is 100.

Considering a 10oz 3G is selling for roughly £10k and has a higher mintage, the 1 kilo is a bargain in comparison.  LPM has exclusive rights to the 2kg and that is selling for about £28k (mintage of 50). I would have thought the start price on the 1 kilo from BCC would have been higher... I do think they are listing it at fair market value.

Apologies for the misinformation on my part.

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

2oz Silver Proof.....PF67...68?? Ouch.........

44C25917-8175-49AB-8CE3-F4F3EF7DACBA.jpeg

That's gonna be broken out and sold raw for sure. It's scary when you think there are coins almost 100 years old that get those kinda grades. Lots of first time graders I think on these coins so think total number graded will be high.

I recon the 5oz maybe the winner here if the 2oz are over graded in high results, purely down to mintage numbers.

Edited by terakris

1 minute ago, MikeG1978 said:

I know there is no comeback on the mint but they stated the coins would be of pf68 standard minimum 

It’s silly people even ask them what a coin may grade really, god knows why they would even suggest a minimum grade and that would be in their eyes only. Once people start mentioning grades to royal mint they will be more likely to switch to graded coins. Personally if any coins I have are marked and I bring it up I focus on the marks and never mention grading as that’s my choice and they shouldn’t have to give guarantees or thoughts on grades. 

7 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

Based on these results and volume I don’t see a 69 having any premium at all over raw. 

I agree. I think a 69 will be the same as raw and raw appear to be dropping in price so I think the best chance for good money is either the early sellers or the 70 grade ones. Then again I suspect at least half of those 70 grades will be flipped so market is going to be flooded with everyone undercutting each other until there is not much of an uplift.

I agree I think so many people have bought this to purely flip and the sheer volume has/will cause a reverse in value 

There are so many flippers its unreal they buy up coins to then think they are worth double instantly 

Low mintage doesnt necessarily mean high value 

I think mine will stay raw now I was going to grade but not much point it seems 

15 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

If most people that wanted to sell held these the price would push up but realistically I can’t see the majority of these graded ones being held by the initial buyers. 

Sit back and enjoy the coin is my advice and wait for the next one to be released. 

Fully agree Its paid for now and owes me nothing 

I think we need to remember a couple of factors - 3rd party sellers are setting a price and by all accounts are getting them. They are buying any coins offered at a reasonable price. Also most coins won’t be offered below 2k privately regardless how many are grading high. If you get a 68/69 grade I would personally wait for the market to settle.

There will be plenty of flippers but I just don’t see them reducing their asking prices any time soon