• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Hi. My order (5oz silver) is still saying ‘open’ & I haven’t had a despatch email. Nor have I had a cancelled email. So I think there is still hope. 
These do look beautiful coins, and I got into collecting for the beauty & skill and rarity of the other PMs I collect and I don’t think I personally would go down the grading route. As someone further back said, they are rare & in demand enough without 69 or 70 label attached. But I do also like the idea of something unique like the ONLY PF70 in the world or whatnot. I have a couple that are one of 2-5 but nothing unique. 
good luck to everyone still waiting but I will enjoy anyone’s pictures once actual coins arrive 

Clive 

50 minutes ago, Aiden2343 said:

Yes, I did manage to get the 2oz, although, it's still in open orders so not sure what the situation is there. It’ll be a gift for my parents anniversary. I will be sure to post some pictures of the 5oz when it arrives! Hopefully my amateur photography skills don’t let me down lol.

When I phoned them up I was told my 2oz would be in a week or so

2 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

A possible, easy enough fix in this scenario, where more than one person buys the last product at the same time, would be to time stamp when they add that product to their basket and the one who added it first during the payment process would be successful.

The chances of more than one person adding the same and, only product to their basket at the exact same time (down to the second), would be highly unlikely, along with processing payment at the same time.

Unless you have 10,000 TSF members all trying to buy a two ounce silver proof silver coin between 9.00 and 9.05 on a Monday morning!🙂

Chards

5 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Unless you have 10,000 TSF members all trying to buy a two ounce silver proof silver coin between 9.00 and 9.05 on a Monday morning!🙂

🤣👍

In that case, out of the 1,000 who added the last silver proof to their basket the earliest, before engaging payment, lookup their accounts and sell it to the best looking one (financially best looking account, I mean 😅)

Edited by GoldenGriffin

2 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

A possible, easy enough fix in this scenario, where more than one person buys the last product at the same time, would be to time stamp when they add that product to their basket and the one who added it first during the payment process would be successful.

The chances of more than one person adding the same and, only product to their basket at the exact same time (down to the second), would be highly unlikely, along with processing payment at the same time.

Yeah but there are still issues there, it’s very difficult to build something where all the checkpoints or gateways behave in the same way. That’s why some companies who deal with high demand can throw huge amounts of money at development, hardware and bandwidth to minimise these issues, but for companies that might have this less than 10 times a year (for example), there’s a balance of what’s reasonable for ah-hoc situations like this VS BAU.

Plus I think demand at this level was unexpected and hopefully the RM dev team will learn from this and implement a solution for next time.

Also what I do find interesting it was most likely something happening within the payment gateway provider not being able to handle/not expecting the traffic demand causing backend script issues.

Anyway, whatever happened, I’m just sad that not everyone who wanted one managed to get one 😢

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

11 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Graceless?

For anyone annoyed or disappointed at failing to be able to buy a "Three Graces" coin, and who is therefore feeling "Graceless":

1849 Silver Godless Florin Britain's First Decimal Coin Issued for Circulation - Obverse

A "Godless and Graceless" coin, in fact the UK's first decimal coin issued for circulation in 1849. It got bad press for the omission of "Dei Gratia" (By the grace of God). the design was changed before more florins were issued in 1852.

It demonstrates that the Royal Mint received flak is nothing new.

That’s a beauty of a coin. 
Anyone in favor of a Gothic coin for the 3rd issue in the series? Might as well change it to the Great Engraver.

54 minutes ago, creative said:

I think demand at this level was unexpected

Really you think?

I think not. The Mint personnel have been fully aware for some time that this was going to be mega. With the success of the Una and the constant chatter about the next in the series, how could it have been any different? Their agents were constantly being asked about it.

The only thing I am surprised about is that the Mint did not decide to milk this issue for every penny by vastly increasing the mintage and inflating the price. These aspects turned out to be moderate.
Also, I think many people expected them to offer at least part of the issue graded as 70.

Not withstanding the payment problems on the website, which may not be entirely their fault, and the hundreds of cancelled orders, which is their fault, I feel they deserve a lot of credit for how they managed this issue.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Alright, we'll lend them £100

C'mon you can manage a little more than that, a businessman of your means😉

Although I have just loaned them £250 with not guarantee of ever getting it back!

10 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I think many people expected them to offer at least part of the issue graded as 70

I was expecting that and I would have found it interesting to see if they chose to grade with NGC or PCGS, but nothing came of it, well not that we saw on their website.

But then that could be a reason for them not to grade, due to different people having different preferences 🤔

Edited by GoldenGriffin

2 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I was expecting that and I would have found it interesting to see if they chose to grade with NGC or PCGS, but nothing came of it, well not that we saw on their website.

I think they have started using NGC for other issues, but no reason why they wouldn't switch to PCGS.

You never know, they may simply increase the mintage on the TG and say the original figures were just a typo😁

24 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Really you think?

I think not. The Mint personnel have been fully aware for some time that this was going to be mega. With the success of the Una and the constant chatter about the next in the series, how could it have been any different? Their agents were constantly being asked about it.

The only thing I am surprised about is that the Mint did not decide to milk this issue for every penny by vastly increasing the mintage and inflating the price. These aspects turned out to be moderate.
Also, I think many people expected them to offer at least part of the issue graded as 70.

Not withstanding the payment problems on the website, which may not be entirely their fault, and the hundreds of cancelled orders, which is their fault, I feel they deserve a lot of credit for how they managed this issue.

Yeah I suppose and I get your point. Maybe I’m just playing it down, as this same website issues are unbelievably common at the moment across the tech world. The only difference being that you enter a back order rather than cancellation.

I’d imagine if they had an fix they’d implement it, but they didn’t, and expect it to happen again for the foreseeable sadly.

The only sort of work around I’ve seen are ballots like sites are doing for the PS4, but then it’s just a lottery.

Edited by creative

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

16 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

C'mon you can manage a little more than that, a businessman of your means😉

Although I have just loaned them £250 with not guarantee of ever getting it back!

You are quite right. You did say "they deserve a lot of credit"

I'll go to £1,000 - Is that any better?

Chards

3 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

I found out . A 2oz has been secured. Super happy and excited. I never want to go through this again. 😂😂😂

Amazing. Any information on when it will be shipped?