• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

10 hours ago, very452001 said:

Anywhere know where I can order Silver or Platinum VAT free and get delivery before Brexit or is it too late?

Coininvest are doing last orders for UK.  

Wouldn't touch goldsilver.be anymore, if you have a problem they dont care.  Coininvest were very responsive and helpful when i has a courier mix up. 

10 hours ago, very452001 said:

goldsilver.be have shocking reviews so I be risking my money buying from them?:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/goldsilver.be

Anyone who is established and reputable on these forums willing to vouch for them?

Think that ship has sailed (or more accurately isn't sailing at the moment).

Royal mail, DHL and UPS all currently have suspended the majority of deliveries between UK and Europe (inc Ireland), due to the border lockdown. I think you'd have to check with the supplier but I wouldnt be hopeful.

There's going to be a fair backlog of Christmas delvieries to clear as a result.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/12/21/dhl-stop-all-deliveries-to-the-uk/amp/

https://www.ups.com/gb/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

4 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Ordered and paid on 7/12/20 all in stock but not sent yet.... 3 email no response.    Would stick well clear

will probably be paying vat on it now

Check to see if you have an email showing its been dispatched. Sometimes there a bit lazy in updating on the website. 

3 minutes ago, Derv said:

Check to see if you have an email showing its been dispatched. Sometimes there a bit lazy in updating on the website. 

No email,  still in process on website no response.     They used to be worth the poor service because they were a lot cheaper.  Not the case now as fair few places that are cheaper and the €100 minimum order isn’t any good for small orders 

19 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

No email,  still in process on website no response.     They used to be worth the poor service because they were a lot cheaper.  Not the case now as fair few places that are cheaper and the €100 minimum order isn’t any good for small orders 

Fair enough. I agree they seem to be slipping in a big way.

It's a shame , besides slack comms I've never had any real issues with them. With Brexit and the potential VAT from anything EU they were bound to lose customers , even more so now with the shoddy service. 

It was nice dealing with you gs.be......

21 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

They used to be worth the poor service because they were a lot cheaper.  Not the case now as fair few places that are cheaper and the €100 minimum order isn’t any good for small orders 

Can you share this information please as I would like to compare prices - thanks.
Ignore buying just a single coin as the argument will be the cost of shipping so maybe compare a full tube of Maples, Eagles, Britannias etc. and maybe use the exchange rate quoted by TransferWise and not a bank or the sellers rates.

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Ordered and paid on 7/12/20 all in stock but not sent yet.... 3 email no response.    Would stick well clear

will probably be paying vat on it now

Some items that you can add in your cart are not in stock yet and are ‘expected’ at a certain date to arrive at their store. Sometimes shipping is slower and the item exceeds the expected delivery date, hence why some orders get pushed further. They don’t inform customers about this, mostly they adjust the new expected delivery date on the page of that item.

Edited by MrFreezerrr

In regards to coininvest, I placed an order for some silver Brits on the 17th and they where dispatched today. My UPS status says it will be delivered on the 29th so fingers crossed it gets through before the brexit deadline. But it’s just a heads up if anyone is thinking of putting in a last minute order from them, at least it shows it will be delivered by the 31st...but we will have to wait and see if they are true to their word lol

8 hours ago, Pete said:

Can you share this information please as I would like to compare prices - thanks.
Ignore buying just a single coin as the argument will be the cost of shipping so maybe compare a full tube of Maples, Eagles, Britannias etc. and maybe use the exchange rate quoted by TransferWise and not a bank or the sellers rates.

I’ve been looking at the new queens beast lion and they have been constantly €20/25 more the 3 other places I gold.de.   Also the Ghana giants of the ice age constantly more expensive. Don’t buy standard bullion silver so can’t comment on that

3 hours ago, Micky9776 said:

In regards to coininvest, I placed an order for some silver Brits on the 17th and they where dispatched today. My UPS status says it will be delivered on the 29th so fingers crossed it gets through before the brexit deadline. But it’s just a heads up if anyone is thinking of putting in a last minute order from them, at least it shows it will be delivered by the 31st...but we will have to wait and see if they are true to their word lol

I had an order with them and it said Wednesday 23rd for expected delivery. Turned up yesterday, literally don't understand how they did it! Waiting on some other coins, tracking on those has gone quiet since it got to France and that was supposed to be delivered yesterday! Can't make sense of it.

if my maths is correct this is about £22 / oz.
Then I saw the VAT!

Having never paid VAT on my silver I forget that it is charged in the UK!
Costco. 

i think I posted this on the wrong thread - how come we can delete new threads? 
Can you set it so it lasts an hour or so, or has no replies?

132772362_223207332544942_3119527294612870496_n.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Okay UK has reached a Trade Deal now for Brexit! 😃

That means I can order silver in the new year, vat free in Europe and get it imported into UK without paying VAT on it like the current system?

Hmmm🤔 not sure about this we will wait and see the details. Free trade deal doesn’t necessarily mean VAT free. The reason we had that perk was because we part of the club. I’m sure HMRC would love to get a bit more import duty 

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

wooooh, slow down. 

Nobody knows what is going to happen. 

VAT is not the same as trade tariffs, so whilst there are no import tariffs to pay there may very well still be VAT to pay. The relationship between UK VAT system and free market is yet to be fully understood. 

I am personally not purchasing anything until I have it in concrete that I know what is happening. 

I absolutely agree.  Not worth second guessing in my opinion.  

However, I suspect a deal is slightly more favourable to our interests than no deal.  But this is far from certain.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, very452001 said:

Okay UK has reached a Trade Deal now for Brexit! 😃

That means I can order silver in the new year, vat free in Europe and get it imported into UK without paying VAT on it like the current system?

Yeah, having read some stuff on the .gov website about exporting products to the EU sellers will have to "zero rate" their sales. This will be the same from the EU to the UK.

What this means for those that do not know is that the seller does not charge VAT at source and pay it to the country they are based in, instead the country of the receiver is bound to charge the customer upon importing the goods.

So, this means for my products going to customers in Europe they will likely get charged VAT at whatever rate is charged by their own country. 

The reverse logic says that the same will apply for goods coming from the EU to the UK.

So in summary until we have concrete proof otherwise I think we will have to pay VAT on any imports into the UK.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

32 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Yeah, having read some stuff on the .gov website about exporting products to the EU sellers will have to "zero rate" their sales. This will be the same from the EU to the UK.

What this means for those that do not know is that the seller does not charge VAT at source and pay it to the country they are based in, instead the country of the receiver is bound to charge the customer upon importing the goods.

So, this means for my products going to customers in Europe they will likely get charged VAT at whatever rate is charged by their own country. 

The reverse logic says that the same will apply for goods coming from the EU to the UK.

So in summary until we have concrete proof otherwise I think we will have to pay VAT on any imports into the UK.

BYB is correct. There will be a 20% VAT charge on all silver coming into the UK. The EU exporters will have to fill in customs forms for all UK deliveries. So you will get stung for VAT I'm afraid.