• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

A private sale is not a business deal, if someone sells you their car they don't charge taxes so why not silver?.

No tax needs to be charged on private sales unless the person or business selling them is registered for VAT with HMRC and they will have a checkable VAT number. 

The threshold for registration is £85,000 turnover per year as a business or a private individual that just acts as a seller is also deemed a business. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

Canadian Maple Leafs 2010 and 2011. Condition is immaculate brand new. Still in the plastic tubes they came in when first purchased. Thanks. 

Lucky you, I have a tube of 2010’s and they have milk spots.  Luck of the draw I guess!

Just now, BackyardBullion said:

No tax needs to be charged on private sales unless the person or business selling them is registered for VAT with HMRC and they will have a checkable VAT number. 

The threshold for registration is £85,000 turnover per year as a business or a private individual that just acts as a seller is also deemed a business. 

Bang on

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 minute ago, kamik0zi said:

How many tubes of Britannias do you have for sale at £22/oz? I might genuinely consider.

None at the moment, sorry that was not clear, I was being hypothetical. 
I dont have that much, im more into mining stocks rather than physical. Better returns (for now). 
Waiting for £40 an oz on the physical silver assuming it gets there. £300 would be better ;)

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Does it really matter if its private, youd have to prove profit if its a one time sale wouldn't you?, if I were still in UK and sold my entire portfolio for £1m I'd have to just prove i didnt make above the CGT threshold hold over the term of holding it which allows profit per year before taxes as in any investment, isnt that the case?

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

Does it really matter if its private, youd have to prove profit if its a one time sale wouldn't you?, if I were still in UK and sold my entire portfolio for £1m I'd have to just prove i didnt make above the CGT threshold hold over the term of holding it which allows profit per year before taxes as in any investment, isnt that the case?

With silver not being tracable you couldn't say you sold last years over silver you bought 20years ago so CGTwouldnt apply unless the tax man could prove you only bought 1000 ounces 20 years ago and now selling 2000 ounces is above proven ownershiphistory but I assume the tax man would want you to prove your ownership rather then them prove you lack of.

• Founder & Administrator

Please keep the topic on track.

This is a price monitoring thread.

Please feel free to start separate topics to discuss CGT and tax etc. :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Has anyone been following the general trend of private sale prices of standard bullion silver coins post Brexit and have they gone up noticeably ?
I checked a few eBay coins and they do appear up but some of you also monitor Facebook which I don't.
Just curious to find out if Brexit has pushed prices up a gear or is it too early to tell ?

Always amazing that on one day the bulletins say BUY now as metals soar then before the week is out the price takes a big hit.
The boilerplate BS is always amusing that Dr. Hindsight pads out.
Think of an event and it can make PMs go up or also go down - your choice !
Next week it will be something else.
There was a UK economics professor working for a USA university that featured regularly on Bloomberg TV.
When asked in a live broadcast why the market was up so much one day he replied - because there were more buyers and he added, the market will fall if there are more sellers.
That didn't impress Bloomberg so he doesn't get asked back.

4 minutes ago, Yetiwatch said:

I'm not selling for at least a decade, so for me cheap is best but i think it will stay around £18

dont worry if price goes back down again to £10oz , dealers 'simplify admin' by keeping prices the same as today to "avoid buyer confusion" in their dollar costs averaging  

I've noticed that gold/silver gets more volatile(bigger dips) as the stock market wants to make highs and

is also getting volatile/overbought. similar to what happened in early 2020. it like pm's is indicating that

stock is due a top of some sort.

HH

On 08/01/2021 at 18:10, Paul said:

Back down to £10 an oz again by March  - the joys of silver ! 

Relax this is just a dip before it gains momentum to reach the stratosphere. We will see some major increases towards the end of January.

Hold on to your hats boys, sit back and enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, Erolroller said:

Relax this is just a dip before it gains momentum to reach the stratosphere. We will see some major increases towards the end of January.

Hold on to your hats boys, sit back and enjoy the ride. 

never heard that before in nearly 10+ years stacking :( would hate to be disappointed again, like the last dozens of times  

• Founder & Administrator

Off topic posts hidden temporarily for the moment, can move to separate topic sections but posts seem to have multiple topics so will need to moved to different sections. I will look into it in detail tomorrow.

Please fee free to start additional topics as not to allow this topic (or any another) to go off topic.

This topic here is for discussing the price movement in the underlying silver spot price.

I will look into the hidden posts in detail sometime tomorrow and work out where they need to be moved to. Apologies if an on topic post was accidentally hidden, if so, it will be unhidden when I look into recent posts in more detail. 

Please help by keeping topics on topic and starting new ones to discuss new subjects :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme