• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

3 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

It should boost the price of precious metals. 

You would think so - It does seem like that could well be on the horizon - people should spend more if the money they hold is losing value..

I am still buying.

Edited by Madstacks

I'd personally like to see silver come down another 14% or so and gold 5% but I'm probably being greedy

@rll128 I don't currently believe in the promise of inflation, not in the short term anyway 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

9 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Inflation is already happening.... 

If you can produce some charts to show me there's currently inflation then I'd be very interested to take a look?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Not so much charts as ... actual physical experience... taken out deals etc.. we have seen weekly shopping increase on products.. now this could be related to supplies but over the next few months I would be surprised in goods and service cost do not increase..... the package of items that are used in determining inflation is flawed.... Oil included when more people working from home etc. just my personal view. Its a bit like premiums on silver they go up quicker then they come down

24 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Not so much charts as ... actual physical experience... taken out deals etc.. we have seen weekly shopping increase on products.. now this could be related to supplies but over the next few months I would be surprised in goods and service cost do not increase..... the package of items that are used in determining inflation is flawed.... Oil included when more people working from home etc. just my personal view. Its a bit like premiums on silver they go up quicker then they come down

So to summarise, inflation isnt happening yet, you expect it to.   Also point out BoE governor ruled out negative rates a couple of days ago, doesnt seem to have filtered through as much as story it was being looked at.  

I think the one universal truth with silver stacking is nobody has a clue what the price is going to do. 

Im holding a stack now 10 years, hoping that 3 figure silver or close would have happened before now. 

The secret to this silver stacking is buy on the dips sell on the peaks and bank the profits. Holding physical silver long term is a mugs game, with the benefit of hindsight of course.

You're money is not depreciating, there is no shortage of silver or ever gona be, the looming recession is not gona be a fraction as bad as its made out to be. 

Get in, make your money and get out. Rinse and repeat. Don't fall for all the self perpetuating bullshit. 

Agree on some points... but Recession not as bad as we think..... The whole world has stopped for well on 7 months......  and Governments are going to pay for it.... it will take a decade to recovery.. We have Brexit at the end of the year and now this.... maybe I am a doom merchant but with unemployment bound to climb into 2021... I agree on one thing.... no re clue as to where anything will go

2 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

Agree on some points... but Recession not as bad as we think..... The whole world has stopped for well on 7 months......  and Governments are going to pay for it.... it will take a decade to recovery.. We have Brexit at the end of the year and now this.... maybe I am a doom merchant but with unemployment bound to climb into 2021... I agree on one thing.... no re clue as to where anything will go

And yet silver price is sinking.. 

14 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

I see JP Morgan has been fined $1bio for spoofing PM markets

What an absolute joke 😒, hopefully further charges to come for individuals, hardly a deterrent.........they are of course a primary dealer for the Fed.

Interesting Andrew Maguire video posted today re JP Morgan..........since March has gained full control of the largest physical stockpile of silver in history. A major based US based trading house has been given an unlimited letter of credit to buy every ounce of silver available!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGpgND6U_A

18 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

I see JP Morgan has been fined $1bio for spoofing PM markets

Not long ago posters on this forum were doing anything to deny these sort of actions were happening.

3 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

Crazy.... So all the Dodd Frank rules then are meaningless then

I dont know why you would portray the rules as some sort of barrier against corruption - when these laws are created against it to get away with it. 

Edited by Minimalist
Corruption

6 hours ago, Martin1983 said:

What was the price last thursday? is the difference big as the premiums have all been roughly the same?

the lowest dip was £17.09 average for the day was around 17.50 though, depends on how much bu your purchasing as to how much the premium effects you I guess, sure there'll be more dips to come though 😬

2 minutes ago, stackingsi said:

the lowest dip was £17.09 average for the day was around 17.50 though, depends on how much bu your purchasing as to how much the premium effects you I guess, sure there'll be more dips to come though 😬

I think a dip for gold and silver will happen but even if these ridiculous premiums came down would be good.