• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 minute ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I think the Sheeple are now running into PM;s  we will have to wait and see. I think Gold/Silver Etc will start to move up to new high's Now IMHO.

I have a feeling you might be right, but crypto should break out first I think, Bitcoin maybe above £15,000? 
love 'Sheeple' I went shopping yesterday and it was unbelievable. 'have you signed in to tracks and trace app' Err - No. 

Im watching the paper ETF silver prices as I want to buy in on the low. 

Buckle up as many more up's and down's on the silver/gold bumpy road to come 😒 with Covid part 2 on our door step, stock market oversold and the US elections.........then what if Trump contests the vote, which he will if he loses and will cause more uncertainty and a market sell off......................his term ends on the 20th of January, he will not go quietly.

Fair value will play out eventually but who knows when that will be.....buy on the dips 🙂

6 hours ago, WILLIG666 said:

Buckle up as many more up's and down's on the silver/gold bumpy road to come 😒 with Covid part 2 on our door step, stock market oversold and the US elections.........then what if Trump contests the vote, which he will if he loses and will cause more uncertainty and a market sell off......................his term ends on the 20th of January, he will not go quietly.

Fair value will play out eventually but who knows when that will be.....buy on the dips 🙂

Always going to be ups and downs that’s life, I just bought a 1kg bar although I have a feeling silver will continue to go down 

52 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

Will companies selling silver continue to sell if the price keeps going down or will they just stop selling as it’s not profitable for them?

Silver dealers buy at wholesale prices and obviously add a standard margin for resale, so will only offer it to a certain price point.

The last crash in March where silver was briefly £10.50ish an oz, the cheapest 1oz coin I could find in European dealers was £16 plus post.

11 minutes ago, WILLIG666 said:

Silver dealers buy at wholesale prices and obviously add a standard margin for resale, so will only offer it to a certain price point.

The last crash in March where silver was briefly £10.50ish an oz, the cheapest 1oz coin I could find in European dealers was £16 plus post.

If it goes back to £15 or below it’s probably time to look at monster boxes ha,

1 minute ago, MintageSeller said:

Realistically how high does everyone believe silver will go this month? 

As things look on the charts for the dollar, euro and silver I'm expecting silver could come down heavily sometime soon

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Had it’s arse kicked a bit today I see.

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

7 minutes ago, Martin1983 said:

It will go lower I think, anything below £15 is probably a good time to stock up on whatever you can afford to get

It would be a good time to stock up - that would in USD terms be sub $20. That would mean price retracing back to mid-July levels. 
There was a smash today on the pretext of a potential vaccine. 
This is a short covering stunt by banks in short positions.
The market broke when there was the last really big smash. Physical prices went up not down. They almost doubled before falling back. A paper price chart is no longer a close guide to what you will have to pay. If you are in the UK, which i see you are, there is the issue of Brexit and VAT. 
i bought some silver today. 

In general it is better to buy some with some of your available funds and leave some powder dry.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

It would be a good time to stock up - that would in USD terms be sub $20. That would mean price retracing back to mid-July levels. 
There was a smash today on the pretext of a potential vaccine. 
This is a short covering stunt by banks in short positions.
The market broke when there was the last really big smash. Physical prices went up not down. They almost doubled before falling back. A paper price chart is no longer a close guide to what you will have to pay. If you are in the UK, which i see you are, there is the issue of Brexit and VAT. 
i bought some silver today. 

In general it is better to buy some with some of your available funds and leave some powder dry.

Absolutely, I bought some 1KG bars they just arrived last week, but if the price continue to go down I will be buying more it’s a long term hold for me anyway

I like the consolidation on the silver price and the premiums still high on the auction sites.   I got a load of silver last week just from a chance conversation with a lady who had been left a massive coin collection.  I bought the lot, took me 4 days to sort it !!  So I got some pre 1920 and 6 kilo of pre1947 coins.  I have a few commerative coins which I am trying to sell but I have thousands of pennies, halfpennies, thrupenny bits 12 sided brass.  I was thinking of getting a devils forge but wondering whether it is worth it to make copper bars.

PS that buy brought my average price per ounce down £3 to £18.21 🙂

Edited by Russell

• Founder & Administrator

Off topic posts hidden. Please feel free to start a new topic for new subjects. 

I will move the posts to a new topic shortly. But please do not deliberately go off topic in a post, as it creates more work to tidy it up. And please report off topic posts immediately so that they can be moved to a new topic. This topic is for discussing price action of silver in GBP. 

EDIT: Off topic posts now moved to a new topic in the Premium members lounge and unhidden. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Silver recovering a little over the last few days.  My guess is it will continue at roughly this level until the end of the year.  Possibly will get hit again with more vaccine news, but may hit 20.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Price bounced - if SI holds the 23.965 Fib then expect short covering into the Friday close.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Well if the vaccine is “not accepted” (possible) with media hype, hard brexit upon us, money pumped into the system at all time highs, tech stocks in share mark at all time highs, housing the highest its ever been before, people loosing jobs hand over fiat in many sectors due to continued restrictions... I think the only think holding back the Sunami is politicians trying to get re-elected.. with government clinging on be their fingertips hoping the masses will no revolt.

Just now, Silverman2U said:

Well if the vaccine is “not accepted” (possible) with media hype, hard brexit upon us, money pumped into the system at all time highs, tech stocks in share mark at all time highs, housing the highest its ever been before, people loosing jobs hand over fiat in many sectors due to continued restrictions... I think the only think holding back the Sunami is politicians trying to get re-elected.. with government clinging on be their fingertips hoping the masses will no revolt.

If I won lotto tomorrow. I would be buying MORE gold and silver!!