• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

On 04/12/2020 at 17:34, 272 said:

Still a mixed picture - possible short term pullback and then an increase to £19.50 or above? Was toying with trying to get an EU order in before January but not looking attractive right now and the window is closing fast. 

Silver Price Forecast - Silver Markets Struggling With 50 Day EMA (fxempire.com)

Can someone in the know tell me if there's a way to get around paying the VAT on silver (legally). I found out recently that if you buy over $1500 worth of silver in the US then their version of VAT is voided. Does anything like that exist here in the UK.

Just now, StevenK said:

Can someone in the know tell me if there's a way to get around paying the VAT on silver (legally). I found out recently that if you buy over $1500 worth of silver in the US then their version of VAT is voided. Does anything like that exist here in the UK.

Can someone also tell me how to start my own question thread instead of adding to (highjacking) someone elses.

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Can someone also tell me how to start my own question thread instead of adding to (highjacking) someone elses.

Just click ‘start new topic’ in the (main) silver thread, type in title and text and click ‘submit topic’

C76CBA4A-21C7-4C4A-B027-DD82E3C44769.jpeg

Edited by MrFreezerrr

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Can someone in the know tell me if there's a way to get around paying the VAT on silver (legally).

Yes buy it from Europe or second hand on here.
I bought a tube from Eldorado coins this week, they only do silver and the prices and service are good. 

https://www.eldoradocoins.de/en/britannia-2021-1-oz-silver 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HighlandTiger said:

Most of the rise is due to the pound falling, because of the stalled brexit talks and new covid strain/ lockdowns.

Not to mention border closures. 

Country is falling apart. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

10 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Most of the rise is due to the pound falling, because of the stalled brexit talks and new covid strain/ lockdowns.

It's doing pretty well against the dollar and yen as well, though.

2 hours ago, kamik0zi said:

Something to do with the $900bn stimulus package just approved, perhaps?

https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/world/americas/2020-12-21-us-legislators-reach-deal-on-900bn-stimulus-package/

Shouldn't pin too much hope on the stimulus.  Its less than half what was dished out earlier in year and is more targeted (cash goes to poor income households).  

2 hours ago, Peterheat said:

Do you know or have any idea of the reason 

As mentioned earlier $900 billion 😷 stimulus package in theory agreed in the good old USA, votes later today......this raises the prospect of inflation........people buy precious metals as a hedge against it......on top of $2 trillion in March the numbers are mind boggling.

Eventually people will realise the dollar will not be the gloabal currency if you keep printing it will devalue and people lose confidence in it, reset for gold and silver in theory but who knows anymore with the stock market madness....how long can the Fed keep pumping unlimited cash into certain companies before reality comes.

Probably be the usual intial rise off the back of it then fall back pending release of the price as and when they want it to go up......the large institutions apparently still trying to buy up as much physical as they can.

7 minutes ago, WILLIG666 said:

As mentioned earlier $900 billion 😷 

Everything is going red other than the dollar, including gold and silver now in $ after silver was  up 5% earlier

There's zero positive reaction to stimulus

VIX is spiking 30%, oil is down, yields are falling

This is fear 

The only things doing well currently are other currencies vs gbp

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

There is global fear in the markets today I'm expecting a blood bath of sell offs now

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

13 hours ago, dicker said:

Silver up over 6pct this morning.  Happy Christmas.  

A bit of a wild morning I was thinking of putting an order in and then saw that haha. Markets overall looking a bit red aside from AG which has pulled back a bit from this morning 

Is anyone buying silver coins off the bullion sites like bullionbuypost, coin invest etc and paying those prices plus vat? What am I missing. 

Will there be a time in the near future where one could sell 1oz silver coins online for £25 each? 

2 hours ago, Erolroller said:

Is anyone buying silver coins off the bullion sites like bullionbuypost, coin invest etc and paying those prices plus vat? What am I missing. 

Will there be a time in the near future where one could sell 1oz silver coins online for £25 each? 

Paying vat soon will be the only way to get physical bullion, not the best way to invest in silver.

That said it depends what you think is coming. 3 digit silver in the next few years is doable in my view. 

1 minute ago, raghav123 said:

goldsilver.be have shocking reviews so I be risking my money buying from them?:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/goldsilver.be

Anyone who is established and reputable on these forums willing to vouch for them?

There are mixed reviews on gs.be on here. Personally I have ordered from them twice and never had any issue with either the coins I ordered or the delivery process. Hope this helps. Time is definitely running out though, I would email them before ordering anything and make sure they can guarantee delivery before 31st. 

I'm the same as @Kussilver, I've bought from goldsilver.be several times and not had any issues. I ordered from them the first time before seeing what others had to say on here and got worried but the transaction was smooth and quick for me.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/