• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

just buy from bullionvault in 2021

no VAT, no massive mark ups, no delivery fees, no milk spotting, no waiting for delivery, no hassles when selling

Yes buy from there but they keep it. Its like me buying a bmw from the bmw dealership but I never drove it. Whats the point?

On 24/12/2020 at 23:05, very452001 said:

Yes buy from there but they keep it. Its like me buying a bmw from the bmw dealership but I never drove it. Whats the point?

Agree. May as well just get SLV or another ETF in an ISA and have no tax risk. Not a bad idea but not what a lot of us are in it for.

1 hour ago, Erolroller said:

Guys sit back and strap yourselves in. Silver is on its way to the stratosphere in the coming weeks. Enjoy the ride. 

⬆️ This is Elon Musk’s TSF Avatar, he just bought a rather large Call Option on Silver.

The hint is in “stratosphere”. 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

16 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

⬆️ This is Elon Musk’s TSF Avatar, he just bought a rather large Call Option on Silver.

The hint is in “stratosphere”. 😉 

at what level the call? hopefully OTM at $60 Plus 🙂 and soon to be in the money ( I hope)

15 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

With the decline in the economy and the looming housing market collapse brought on by the above and the end of furlough, silver will see major major increases shortly. 

In analytics its the handle on a tea cup apparently. As its kind of acting differently to gold its a very good sign, just needs a catalyst. 
All other energy & material commodities are doing very well also, but it might travel sideways for some time. 

Hoping for £30 silver at some point in 2021.

Edited by Stacktastic

8 hours ago, Erolroller said:

With the decline in the economy and the looming housing market collapse brought on by the above and the end of furlough, silver will see major major increases shortly. 

Hmmm might not be weeks. The housing market still seeing increased prices even in December and likely to see significant activity until the stamp duty holiday ends at the end of the financial year, as does the mortgage holiday scheme. The furlough scheme also lasts till the end of April 2021, so I wouldn't expect movement in a few weeks.  When it does there isn't much consensus on the scale although the worst case I've seen  for the Housing market is a 8% reduction by the OBR - which given house prices rose by 7.6% this year is more of a correction than a crash.

Even when other economic factors bite  I think it will depend on the impact of Brexit, Government actions and consumer / stock market confidence.  I think Brexit still is the biggest unknown given the services sector (including financial) sits outside of the current deal and companies still don't know the full impact.  Two examples I've read this week include Ryanair and Wizz having to strip British shareholders of specific voting rights to retain their EU operating licence (don't know if this will affect IAG too), and the  moving of cross border Euro trading from London to other European stock exchanges. The Euro share exchanges alone  are worth  8.6 billion euros a day. Therefore it will take some  more time to shake out and understand the full implications and more more sector specific agreements to be put into place.   

I suspect recalibrating from Brexit and the debt incurred from Covid-19 relief are going to impact the UK economy over years with the government caught of in its own dilemma of either applying more austerity measures (risking alienating their 'red wall 'supporters) or tax hikes (alienating its traditional voter base). 

5 hours ago, kamik0zi said:

#stopthesteal protest on Wednesday?

Ah this must be why people are predicting stock crashes this week I guess? I dont watch the news. 

9 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

Guys can someone point me to the sellers forum on here? I'm curious to see what's the going price for a 1oz silver coin. Tia. 

Just look on Ebay its quicker and easier for approximate prices as different coins have different premiums & spot price changes all the time. :)

Edited by Stacktastic

11 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Ah this must be why people are predicting stock crashes this week I guess? I dont watch the news. 

Just look on Ebay its quicker and easier for approximate prices as different coins have different premiums & spot price changes all the time. :)

Yes I check it regularly but I would like to liquidate around 15% of my stack (175 x 1oz) in as few transactions as possible. 

13 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

Yes I check it regularly but I would like to liquidate around 15% of my stack (175 x 1oz) in as few transactions as possible. 

I managed to sell a large stack for £22/oz quite rapidly, mainly since Christmas. I note spot has since gone up.

29 minutes ago, Erolroller said:

Right got you. Yes its better to sell on here if you ask me, less issues as I can see & more dedicated collectors. 
I think you could probbaly shift the whole lot in one go if you price it appropriately. or split it up four ways. 
£22 an ounce in bulk for Brittanias would be my highest price at the moment in bulk. 

What are the coins I guess thats the first question & whats the condition? 
If you have a silver account you should have better access to the for sale section. 

Dont forget the VAT LOL
Or drive to southern ireland. 😛

Edited by Stacktastic

1 minute ago, Stacktastic said:

Right got you. Yes its better to sell on here if you ask me, less issues as I can see & more dedicated collectors. 
I think you could probbaly shift the whole lot in one go if you price it appropriately. or split it up four ways. 
£22 an ounce in bulk for Brittanias would be my highest price at the moment in bulk. 

If you have a silver account you should have better access to the for sale section. 

Canadian Maple Leafs 2010 and 2011. Condition is immaculate brand new. Still in the plastic tubes they came in when first purchased. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Dont forget the VAT LOL

How many tubes of Britannias do you have for sale at £22/oz? I might genuinely consider.

9 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Dont forget the VAT LOL

A private sale is not a business deal, if someone sells you their car they don't charge taxes so why not silver?.