• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

4 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

Seems to be rallying a little bit now : £1521.12 and counting...🤞

c**p stock market, but more importantly bond yields and dollar are in the red. :) 
Only thin that has done well is natural gas - luckily im up 30% on that. ;)

29 minutes ago, dicker said:

Mad Vlad is probably fuelling up his private 747 in readiness to fly to Switzerland, as troops head toward Moscow.  A coup d'état appears to be in progress.

Thoughts on impact to GBP Gold?

USA will give him safe passage to south America like they did the nazi scientists 

Edited by Paul

36 minutes ago, dicker said:

Mad Vlad is probably fuelling up his private 747 in readiness to fly to Switzerland, as troops head toward Moscow.  A coup d'état appears to be in progress.

As someone on this Forum keeps saying "To the Moon"!

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Or anywhere without an extradition agreement.

Trouble is, who takes over RF and has the finger on the Nukes and the passcodes etc😬

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

5 hours ago, stefffana said:

I think we will see a very quick reaction on the market. I expect the spot for gold and silver to go up minimum 5% on Monday morning, but can go up even 10%.

A civil war in Russia is not a negligible event. The situation is far too serious and the consequences can be catastrophic if it evolves in the wrong direction.

Wise words my friend.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

6 hours ago, stefffana said:

I think we will see a very quick reaction on the market. I expect the spot for gold and silver to go up minimum 5% on Monday morning, but can go up even 10%.

A civil war in Russia is not a negligible event. The situation is far too serious and the consequences can be catastrophic if it evolves in the wrong direction.

I wonder if Putin will ransack the bank of Russia central bank deposits for its gold bars that are there in abundance.

China would offer him a trustworthy place to safely store his robbed and plundered golden spoils im sure 

Edited by Paul

6 hours ago, stefffana said:

Agree with @stefffana

Yevgeny Prigozhin is far more hard line than Putin and far more likely to threaten bordering countries

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

I wonder if Putin will ransack the bank of Russia central bank deposits for its gold bars that are there in abundance.

China would offer him a trustworthy place to safely store his robbed and plundered golden spoils im sure 

Pocket change for Putin.  His wealth is already out of Russia.  

5 minutes ago, dicker said:

Pocket change for Putin.  His wealth is already out of Russia.  

Turkey ? India ? China ? Other BRICs nations 

Will be interesting if he's given safe harbour/citizen status 

Assange seems happy living in the Ecuadorian embassy 

I'm sure the Swiss or city of London will have his dosh well hidden 

Edited by Paul

9 hours ago, JamesH said:

Appears Wagner troops have turned around and no longer march on Moscow. Maybe it’ll be more of a fizzle for the metal prices upon market opening

I'm thinking the markets might still move upwards a bit due to the continuing implied instability there. 

Edited by flyingveepixie

On 24/06/2023 at 08:31, dicker said:

You need to stop watching the bbc news. There will be no coup d,etat 

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

Путин пострадал - очень серьезно. Я не эксперт по России, но я предполагаю, что вполне может быть еще одна попытка государственного переворота.
Best
Dickerovsky

41 minutes ago, dicker said:
Путин пострадал - очень серьезно. Я не эксперт по России, но я предполагаю, что вполне может быть еще одна попытка государственного переворота.
Best
Dickerovsky

Would be interesting if someone else did give it a go. For now though, let’s just keep the price where it is in readiness for coronation bullion Sov purchases 👍🏼

22 hours ago, dicker said:
Best
Dickerovsky

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

On 24/06/2023 at 09:00, Paul said:

USA will give him safe passage to south America like they did the nazi scientists 

Or Spain/Morocco - Chilli like they did Hitler, Martin Borrman & entourage. ;) 

I dont know about you guys but I am reasonably empathic with the news and I see this thing with Russia as a smoke screen. 
Not sure on the motives, but maybe a initial end to this conflict so the world leaders can then move to China/Tawain narratives. :)
Call me a theorist, but all of these world affairs seem very much centrally planned & coordinated now since 2020. 
The CBDC's are the end game of a lot of this when/if tech catches up with the all encompassing digital reality. 

Its been too quiet IMO & black swan event should/might occur in this crazy reality by the end of 2023. 
Stocks are melting up, media stuff is quite frankly bonkers AI is making up news stories all on its own!
& people now dont trust any of it (on the whole). The hall mark of a once a century black swan or several?? 

Gold (on topic) 
Markets will tumble but gold will shoot to higher highs I think??
I saw a respected person predicting $20k gold within 10 years. 
With inflation also I have to say I can agree, although only for a short time. 

The acceptance of $3000 gold is certainly possible by 2025 if not 2024 now. :) 

I have ben recommending anything commodities to my group - even semi conductors (not now though). 😛 
Precious metals 100%. 

Edited by Stacktastic