• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

I was expecting 0.5% in fact I’d bet they will do another 0.5% next month. I don’t think it’s working though. Especially if all the lenders allow people to “go interest-only”. Great if it doesn’t affect your credit score but to me it sounds like a default unless Govt step in like they did during Covid and guaranteed no credit history issues. This would make the interest rate hikes even less powerful, making  bigger hikes more likely 🤦‍♂️ 

People will blame the Govt when it’s not really their fault. BOE should have started increasing at 0.25% each month since the Covid helicopter 🚁 money started being paid out 🙄 

True and a lot of people have been saying that since 2021. The thing is with rate hikes we won't see the true effects until 6-12 months after the hikes have been enacted. A bunch of people bought expensive properties during 2020-2022 and are on fixed 2 or 3-year deals. When those deals run out they are in for a rude awakening with the SVR or the terms of re-mortgage.

We've known since 2009 that sustained 5% rates would kill the economy and would cause a greater calamity than the 2008 Great Financial Crisis. Now here we are. People will be spending all their money trying to keep their heads above water on the mortgage and vehicle leases, not to mention food and energy, leaving nothing left over for the discretionary economy. Hence a lot of businesses will go bust, especially the likes of tradesmen who have been making a killing the last few years. If you're spending £10K extra you haven't budgeted for on mortgages, loans, food and energy you can't afford to get a new bathroom, kitchen, landscape the garden, get a new wardrobe, take the kids on holiday, etc, etc

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

15 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I guess the govt are at fault for the lock downs and the helicopter 🚁 money though 🤷‍♂️ 

People have bad memories and only remember the most recent thing to happen 

What a load of baloney - Covid wasn’t the government’s fault (Labour/Conservative/whoever). Nor was Ukraine being invaded by Russia. Whoever was in power is in for a lose lose situation. It is what it is and our children & grandchildren will be paying for it for the next 40 years!

3 minutes ago, lst65 said:

What a load of baloney - Covid wasn’t the government’s fault (Labour/Conservative/whoever). Nor was Ukraine being invaded by Russia. Whoever was in power is in for a lose lose situation. It is what it is and our children & grandchildren will be paying for it for the next 40 years!

It's america's fault for being a bully and it backfired on them

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

28 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

😬 - Look out below. 

Im not going there, but I very much disagree - the whole thing was orchestrated and planned
All media across the world had the same wording & message. Too the tee. 
Way too much evidence now for anyone who has the bravery to look at the figures
& think logically rather than on emotion & constant news conditioned conditioned belief system..
The one thing i will add is its not Russia vs Ukraine, but Russia vs nato. :) 

Givernments have a choice and most times they choose power - as has every tyrant in history. 
2020 was Joseph Gerbles wet dream, but it never works for long does it? 

This is very off topic, anyone got support levels at all that knows how to chart? I shall have look tomorrow. 

👆What he said.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

32 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

😬 - Look out below. 

Im not going there, but I very much disagree - the whole thing was orchestrated and planned
All media across the world had the same wording & message. Too the tee. 
Way too much evidence now for anyone who has the bravery to look at the figures
& think logically rather than on emotion & constant news conditioned conditioned belief system..
The one thing i will add is its not Russia vs Ukraine, but Russia vs nato. :) 

Givernments have a choice and most times they choose power - as has every tyrant in history. 
2020 was Joseph Gerbles wet dream, but it never works for long does it? 

This is very off topic, anyone got support levels at all that knows how to chart? I shall have look tomorrow. 

got no reactions left...

YOU NAILED IT 💖

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

21 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Is the pound so strong or has everything else, the Dollar more so, gone to hell. Anyhow I grabbed a few half sov's today. Think we might get to the £1,400's soon.

I preferred it when, for a short time it was at £980.00 

9 hours ago, lst65 said:

The way the government reacted to both situations is the problem. 

8 hours ago, Xander said:

Bought these last week from Atkinsons. They were supposed to be delivered on Monday. To add to my pain, RM has made an arse of the delivery.

I would have a better chance of communicating with that sub, than with this lot. 

Screenshot (21).png

Their ‘new’ system with the red cards is a nightmare! Great when I could just call round at the local post office for a missed parcel the next day. Trying to get a parcel re delivered to a different address resulted in not getting it for eight days and after two phone calls the special delivery just getting pushed through my letterbox whilst not at home!🤔🫢

10 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

People will blame the Govt when it’s not really their fault. BOE should have started increasing at 0.25% each month since the Covid helicopter 🚁 money started being paid out 🙄

People blame the government because the government did it, whatever the Bank of England did subsequently, did so in response to actions taken by the government.

This said, 1400 today!

11 hours ago, gji25 said:

Get ready for interest rates to hit 7% by the end of the year imo

Very possibly! 0.5% increases going forward I reckon each time.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 hour ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

People blame the government because the government did it, whatever the Bank of England did subsequently, did so in response to actions taken by the government.

This said, 1400 today!

I was meaning the Govt couldn’t increase rates themselves, they had to wait for BOE to do it, then being the “experts”

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

3 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

I was meaning the Govt couldn’t increase rates themselves, they had to wait for BOE to do it, then being the “experts”

I very much appreciate your point, mine is that I see it all as distraction, as we are busy discussing the rates and the response of the BoE, while we should be discussing instead the reasons driving those changes. It's all smoke and mirrors.

This said, my prediction failed, gold has gone up the whole of £4 since I posted "down to 1400", I shall go and flagellate myself in shame.

10 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

gold has gone up the whole of £4 since I posted "down to 1400", I shall go and flagellate myself in shame.

Wait until 3pm for the Comex. 😛 
The USA wakes up then. Plus its a Friday. 

23 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Don't you like to start your weekends with a bit of fun?

I am a professional DJ every weekend is fun for me. 😛 
I am guiding a 50 strong group at the moment on large purchases, so I am hoping for a decent ditch of the contracts on the metals. 
Who wants a long position on an industrial metal heading into one of the worst recessions in history?? ;) 

I have cheated & this is what Gareth Solway said last night  - American prices and market though. 😛 

Does anyone know the ticker symbol for silver and gold for UK - ie the data that the Bullion by post app uses?? 

fhfhf.png

SILVER: 

kfhjdskhfdsj.png

My highly technical chart for the UK 😛 basically the same as Gareth - I think it might have a bounce now?? 
silver - dont think so given the inflation and interest rates and stuff - the UK has shown the world the problem!! 

GOLD.png

Edited by Stacktastic