• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

any thoughts on support levels?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

On 19/06/2023 at 11:25, ArgentSmith said:

dont know to much about support levels lol / but imo its a good time to buy, even from some dealers 

Edited by gji25
missing comas

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

BBP are pretty well known at this point for being one of the more expensive dealers. You get a better service than with most of the others, but you certainly pay for it. They've just started a sale I noticed, so it may have brought some things down, particularly their proof coins it looks like.

51 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Watching the price today to see what happens with BOE interest rates decision, almost ready to click the buy button on a bullion memorial sov... finally.

BBP have lost me as a customer, they want £402 vs £379 elsewhere!

With how much they charge, you'd think their sale would be more than 1% on gold, still more than the other dealers 😆

11 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Is the pound so strong or has everything else, the Dollar more so, gone to hell. Anyhow I grabbed a few half sov's today. Think we might get to the £1,400's soon.

It's more USD and EUR have eased relative to the pound. The BoE for sure is going to continue to hike, we might even end up with the highest rates in the advanced world. We're still 0.5-0.75% shy of the current Fed rate so there's ample room. Every hike will strengthen GBP-USD and GBP-EUR pairs if they "skip" or "pause". The pound is still historically undervalued at £1=$1.28, although this is the highest it's been in over a year

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

another nail in the banks coffins - well the ones whom have not managed thier risks properly and shave way too many low interest rate products out there. 
Make me wonder as the UK was the first to roll out the big V and other things in 2020 are we a testing ground for a controlled demolition of the economy?? ;) 

Either way as a small time gold dealer & ever advancing personal contrarian economist im 100% in the right place. 😛 

Whats the technical support on the UK gold price?? Not had time to look. Thanks 

On 19/06/2023 at 11:25, ArgentSmith said:

Only emotional support for those with a big stack, mate!

Hard to see @James32 losing in one month only from spot's drop more money than I earn in a year...

Just sayin'...

£1504...£1503...£1502...£1501...£1500...

25 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Whats the technical support on the UK gold price?? Not had time to look. Thanks 

Technical support says boom and bust. you sell on the boom and buy on the bust 👍

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

2 hours ago, gji25 said:

Technical support says boom and bust. you sell on the boom and buy on the bust 👍

Since I joined the forum I have read here that the forum way is buy in the boom and sell in the bust, so are you now telling me I've got it wrong? 😒😒

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

4 minutes ago, danieldorkins said:

Since I joined the forum I have read here that the forum way is buy in the boom and sell in the bust, so are you now telling me I've got it wrong? 😒😒

Don't listen to him, he will accidentally make money doing It that way.

Always buy high sell low. Its the TSF way

Edited by Upsidedown

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Dddddddid they just raise 50 bp? Wow, everyone was expecting 25 bp. We're now in roughly the same range - 5% BoE Base Rate - as the Fed Funds Rate (5-5.25%)

We're going to 5.5% if not 6% and this will cause carnage for the lower and middle-class households when it comes to mortgages, car leases, etc. Recession to control inflation has always been the plan. It's actually the right call if belatedly so. Shame it sucks for the plebs and those who own gold and silver. 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

3 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Dddddddid they just raise 50 bp? Wow, everyone was expecting 25 bp. We're now in roughly the same range - 5% BoE Base Rate - as the Fed Funds Rate (5-5.25%)

I was expecting 0.5% in fact I’d bet they will do another 0.5% next month. I don’t think it’s working though. Especially if all the lenders allow people to “go interest-only”. Great if it doesn’t affect your credit score but to me it sounds like a default unless Govt step in like they did during Covid and guaranteed no credit history issues. This would make the interest rate hikes even less powerful, making  bigger hikes more likely 🤦‍♂️ 

People will blame the Govt when it’s not really their fault. BOE should have started increasing at 0.25% each month since the Covid helicopter 🚁 money started being paid out 🙄 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I guess the govt are at fault for the lock downs and the helicopter 🚁 money though 🤷‍♂️ 

People have bad memories and only remember the most recent thing to happen 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA