• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

26 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

It's slightly disappointing to here your slightly negative thoughts about me / us.

Sure we do except as a business to make money (not literally), and be able to generate and retain sufficient profit to grow and ensure we are financially stable. This has the benefit for past present and future customers to know that we are not going to disappear overnight.

I have mentioned it before, but sometimes the very cheapest suppliers are not financially stable, and could go bust or do a runner owing money. The prime example I quote is Harvey Michael Ross of Leeds, who for years was the most competitively priced UK bullion dealer, and also the darling of the financial press whenever they commented about sourcing gold sovereigns or Krugerrands.

This thread contains some information:

Basically Harvey Ross was running a Ponzi type scheme, and ended up disappearing to Brazil, owning £ millions to investors and customers.

If I were purely motivated by money, I could have made about 10x more than I have in about 1/10th of the time, without doing anything illegal, just by being less transparent, ethical, and scrupulously accurate with descriptions.

It is unfortunate you feel my comments are intended as an insult to your business.

I have no doubt your company is honest, reliable and trustworthy.

I also agree with the statement you make about cheap suppliers, hence I specified that I chose the best prices from reputable dealers (Atkinsons,Bleyer,Chards)

If the dealer has the best price, with postage and a capsule factored in, that is who I buy from. I would never spend more for the sake of loyalty to a company.

I also admire your informational pages and dedication to the numismatic community. That does not unfortunately affect my decision in choosing the best prices on the day.

🙂

1 minute ago, TommyTwoShots said:

My dad thought he was being a savy investor by picking up a gold bar from bullionbypost for 1550 🤔😞 called me this morning to tell me about his ‘find’. Just need to test it to make sure it’s not fake in the first instance.

Whilst he may not appear it now "savy" he has still made an investment that will pay of within 3-5 years.

The only way he will actually learn anything, is by making small errors in judgment, such as this...

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

34 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

It is unfortunate you feel my comments are intended as an insult to your business.

I also agree with the statement you make about cheap suppliers, hence I specified that I chose the best prices from reputable dealers (Atkinsons,Bleyer,Chards)

If the dealer has the best price, with postage and a capsule factored in, that is who I buy from. I would never spend more for the sake of loyalty to a company.

I also admire your informational pages and dedication to the numismatic community. That does not unfortunately affect my decision in choosing the best prices on the day.

🙂

I don't take your comments as any kind of insult.

I do hope to influence your choice of suppliers though, by a combination of factors including price.

My firm impression of @BleyerBullion is that they seem to be very nice genuine people, and it is a delight to have them as a competitor. I wish there were more like them.

I don't have the same opinion about some or all of our competitors though, and readers are entitled to draw their own conclusions from that!

The the dealer with "the best price, with postage and a capsule factored in" is often H&B, but usually only for the most recent date of bullion sovereign, and restricted to one per household per year.

Thanks for you kind comments "I also admire..."

😎

Chards

Being situated 1.5 degrees north of the Equator it's somewhat challenging for me to pop into any of the dealers mentioned for a beer (or tea), but I've had packages from Blackpool appear occasionally and never had cause to complain. Should have pressed the checkout button for a double sov during the dip in spot yesterday but ah well. 

1 hour ago, SovereignBishop said:

🙂

I personally have nothing against Atkinsons, although as I said above I have not yet used them as a supplier, but have used Chards on several occasions.

In further support of Chards I would add that it's not every dealer who goes around giving away very expensive free goodies to it's customers in the form of proof (x2) and bullion sovereigns (x1) as Chards did last year with their Christmas Mystery Box promotion, and I doubt that there are many other dealers out there who could beat them on that.

29 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

I personally have nothing against Atkinsons, although as I said above I have not yet used them as a supplier, but have used Chards on several occasions.

In further support of Chards I would add that it's not every dealer who goes around giving away very expensive free goodies to it's customers in the form of proof (x2) and bullion sovereigns (x1) as Chards did last year with their Christmas Mystery Box promotion, and I doubt that there are many other dealers out there who could beat them on that.

PS I don't know who won the proof sovs but it was lucky me who got the bullion one so well done Chards!...😊

Edited by flyingveepixie

24 minutes ago, samt said:

Being situated 1.5 degrees north of the Equator it's somewhat challenging for me to pop into any of the dealers mentioned for a beer (or tea), but I've had packages from Blackpool appear occasionally and never had cause to complain. Should have pressed the checkout button for a double sov during the dip in spot yesterday but ah well. 

Haha, yes. Me too, and I was sat here willing the price to go ever just that little bit lower, but then the damned thing started going up again. Drat.

Edited by flyingveepixie

19 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

Totally their fault, still paying for their Napster days.

image.png.a98cfdf52756e6dae5efd734ebacf697.png

Jokes aside, can you dumb it down enough or point me to somewhere where I can start getting an understanding? I really don't know what you're hinting at with that graph.

PS. I really need to get photoshop, this stuff is crude in Paint.

Massive support. :) 
Most probable to see sideways or a move up, but if that breaks then fine by me. 😛 
Holding out for some more physical. 

Silver in a channel also. Kilo bar shopping soon. 😜 

silver.png

Edited by Stacktastic

4 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

Haha, yes. Me too, and I was sat here willing the price to go ever just that little bit lower, but then the damned thing started going up again. Drat.

And me, I saw £1406, and I was sat with my finger on the buy button, waiting for that last £6 drop.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Massive support. :) 
Most probable to see sideways or a move up, but if that breaks then fine by me. 😛 
Holding out for some more physical. 

Silver in a channel also. Kilo bar shopping soon. 😜 

silver.png

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Well, I tend to take the view that a chart is just a pictorial representation of past history.

Some swear by it, that history predicts the future and charts tell you what to expect in future. Others say that history is just that,... history, the past.

I have seen many bull and bear markets. History doesn't repeat itself in the same form, but in a variation of the past form, and sh*t happens and when that happens, it doesn't stop to check the past, it just happens. So, I do look at history and at charts to see what has happened and what may happen, but don't rely on it. Check the road before you cross and recognise that when that brown stuff come running down the hill, it may be time to run (or gather some buckets if you are in need of fertiliser 😄).

In the meantime, keep stacking, our currency keeps getting weaker.

10 minutes ago, Geovest said:

Some swear by it

I have seen many bull and bear markets. History doesn't repeat itself in the same form, but in a variation of the past form, and sh*t happens and when that happens, it doesn't stop to check the past, it just happens.

shorter term swing trading stuff on the tech stocks they have been deadly accurate, but it takes a long time to get good at 'seeing' the trends.
But with a small manipulated market like gold (and especially silver) - as you say, anything can happen, so not so handy. 
They should always be regarded as guess work, but using charts with decent probability on other factors (ie the war, CBDC's, Dollar strength) they certainly help. 

I can see further downside, on Gold but its a strong position now (almost ignoring the pre cough-id highs). :) 
My learning this year is the moment you think you know something, its emotion & you will loose money, as I have found out recently with the miners. 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

shorter term swing trading stuff on the tech stocks they have been deadly accurate, but it takes a long time to get good at 'seeing' the trends.
But with a small manipulated market like gold (and especially silver) - as you say, anything can happen, so not so handy. 
They should always be regarded as guess work, but using charts with decent probability on other factors (ie the war, CBDC's, Dollar strength) they certainly help. 

I can see further downside, on Gold but its a strong position now (almost). :) 
The moment you think you know somehting, its emotion & you will loose money, as I have found out recently with the miners. 

Mostly it’s very accurate in its short term predictions because there are so many chartists and bots doing exactly the same thing creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

9 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

I can see further downside, on Gold but its a strong position now (almost ignoring the pre cough-id highs). :) 
My learning this year is the moment you think you know something, its emotion & you will loose money, as I have found out recently with the miners. 

You’ve been seeing further downside for gold for long time now , haven’t you ? 🤣

11 hours ago, Geovest said:

Mostly it’s very accurate in its short term predictions because there are so many chartists and bots doing exactly the same thing creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

Spot on. ;) 

13 hours ago, Nick1368 said:

You’ve been seeing further downside for gold for long time now , haven’t you ? 🤣

Not at all thats why im 70% into gold stocks & most are red now). :)
Been exporting a decent break out for a year & a half now. 😛 
Good job im using a limited fund as I would be as screwed as Michael Saylor right now. 

Edited by Stacktastic