• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

If Biden can issue $4 trillion+ in spending plans and the USA can be $35 trillion in debt, then the Treasury can have $600 billion in gold, it's basically a rounding error. There are black budget agencies with bigger budgets than that. Put yourself in the position of a global puppet master able to print your own money with zero oversight. Would you leave yourself poor or would you own a monster stack of gold and every other asset on the planet? 

China is a poor country. The GDP per capita is $12,500 (IMF, 2023) and the lion's share of that is concentrated on the East Coast, where the GDP per capita is similar to Japan or South Korea ($30-35K). The west of China is one of the poorest regions anywhere on earth. China has only been an economic powerhouse for about 30-40 years. The European dynasties were powerhouses for centuries.

The USA essentially took most of the gold from the two most powerful Empires - Britain and France (also Germany) - during WWI & WWII. That's why the USA was given global reserve currency status at Bretton Woods - they took most of our gold and their manufacturing base existed in splendid isolation from war damages while Europe, China and Japan were reduced to rubble. Both Britain (Canada) and France (USA) transferred the majority of their gold, several thousand tons, to North America circa 1940 before the fall of France.

Under the USA's terms of neutrality, which lasted until after December 1941 (Pearl Harbor) no credit could be used to fund the war efforts of the UK or France - gold and USD (convertible to gold) were the only acceptable forms of payment. Thus all the gold the French and British transferred to North America ended up in the pockets of the Americans, along with the USD reserves. By the conclusion of WWI and WWII the USA had control over global finance and held a substantial chunk of the hard currency accrued by the Europeans over centuries, including the gold the Europeans took from China and India

China is on a desperate gold buying spree not because China has the biggest stack in the world but because their stack is basically non-existent relative to the size of their population - about 1g per capita compared with India's approx 17g per capita.

China needs the gold to hedge against their property market (the largest physical market in the world), their manufacturing sector and currency risk, while also signalling to the world that no matter what happens, China has the means to stabilise its economy. When the size of China's property market is roughly $50 trillion compared to the USA's $30ish trillion, China has a lot more gold to buy before it can effectively hedge anything. 

Well China’s property bubble is well and truly burst … 🤔🤔

Just now, Petra said:

Well China’s property bubble is well and truly burst … 🤔🤔

Is it though? They've had less time to accumulate bad debt no? Or do you think it is that that's all they've accumulated? 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Is it though? They've had less time to accumulate bad debt no? Or do you think it is that that's all they've accumulated? 

Not too long ago their biggest property company was threatening to go under and all sorts was happening…🤔

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Just now, Chronos said:

Color blind person: They are the same picture.

No mate, the one is a nice plump burger, the other is a cesspit with puss, pimples and mold

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

58 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

the Jesuits - who control the Masons and the Illuminati. Yep I'm slightly crazy, I know. I believe in secret societies and interdimensional aliens.

Me too I'm with you on this! 

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

59 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

There is one group who operates over decades and centuries - the Jesuits - who control the Masons and the Illuminati. Yep I'm slightly crazy, I know. I believe in secret societies and interdimensional aliens. So does Elon Musk FWIW

I think I'd be more inclined to believe the aliens have more control than the others wi8oTZB94RGidV9hkEOUKM= First time I think I've seen the Masons or the Illuminati on any of the conspiracy threads. They just don't seem to be what they used to be. Control is in the hands of the political class. The rest only pretend or dream of it.

Live Gold Price

Au

Current Price

£1,848.25

Live Change

0.02% £+0.27

Live high £1,848.27

Live low £1,847.80

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

We've had a few steady days this week. What are the predictions for close on Friday?

What's our new low?

£1830?

£1840?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

£1810??

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

I think £1840 is looking good.

I quite like the sound of that mate

4 minutes ago, Roy said:

My tea leaves spoke to me...

Statement from BOE tomorrow?

If it's anything like my bank statement, It will be terrible news

£1,848.21

3 hours ago, bobski said:

We've had a few steady days this week. What are the predictions for close on Friday?

What's our new low?

£1830?

£1840?

£1817. I know this for a fact because of some click bait YouTuber said so. Apparently he heard it from Warren Gates or someone like that.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

Live Gold Price

Au

Current Price

£1,849.51

Live Change

-0.01% £-0.10

Live high £1,850.12

Live low £

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

On the contrary, the dollar (USD) will be the prettiest out of all the ugly sisters. People will haul it when all the other ugly sisters are left unwanted.  The dollar is still the global reserve currency and has been since the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference.  All commodities are still priced in USD.  It will be the last of the dominos to fall ........ IMHO. 🙃

Good point. If (when) the Global economy tumbles, many countries will fail before America (several currencies are already failing). They panic and turn to the dollar (which they see as "safe") this makes the dollar strong. 

Until eventually, one day, when everyone realises it's worthless trash. Then it'll be the end for USD as the global reserve (probably resulting in nuclear war because they will do anything to protect their ego).

But when that is, is anyone's guess. Tomorrow? 2040? Who knows! Just buy gold and hope for the best 😬

Edited by katyc

Still a good day to buy…. obviously gold is bobbling around mid £1800s, be round this mark for a while🤔

whatever you buy … be careful, see the news about homes being raided specifically for their gold😮🤔😕get it stored elsewhere 😮

Live Gold Price

Au

Current Price

£1,851.70

Live Change

-0.02% £-0.34

Live high £1,852.96

Live low £1,851.70