• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

in my opinion (im no financial expert) i doubt very much that gold per ounce will go below £1380 this year.

also in november 2023 expect gold per ounce to reach around £1800 imo,  but keep it quite 

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

48 minutes ago, lst65 said:

I wonder who was a gnats testicle away from buying gold today when it was at it’s low…only to see it bump back up nearly £30 an ounce…sooooo close!

Yep, that was me.  I was in for a double sov from a well known dealer and was watching and watching, willing it to go just that wee bit lower....   I watched and willed for too long.

Better luck next time I suppose..

Edited by flyingveepixie

9 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Yep, that was me.  I was in for a double sov from a well known dealer and was watching and watching, willing it to go just that wee bit lower....   I watched and willed for too long.

Better luck next time I suppose..

🙏🙏 Long term game me thinks. Good luck with the double. 

8 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Just based on the contributions to the forum from @LawrenceChard, I'd still be inclined to shop at Chards... 😏

Just for clarity - I've never used Atkinsons or Chards yet. 

Thats very noble of you, but I buy the best price for my investment, from reputable sources.

I am certain Chards is in the money making game and would not offer you the same loyalty being a total stranger on a forum.

It is your money. Don’t forget to add a capsule at an extra charge also.

Nothing against Lawrence, but from a financial viewpoint I have my opinion.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I suspect that some of their (Atkinsons) pricing is based on knocking about 50 pence of the @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer single price after allowing for postage.

😎

Quite possibly!I would like to state  I don't have favourites or loyalty where none is reciprocated to me, I just buy the best prices. 

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

It's slightly disappointing to here your slightly negative thoughts about me / us.

Sure we do except as a business to make money (not literally), and be able to generate and retain sufficient profit to grow and ensure we are financially stable. This has the benefit for past present and future customers to know that we are not going to disappear overnight.

I have mentioned it before, but sometimes the very cheapest suppliers are not financially stable, and could go bust or do a runner owing money. The prime example I quote is Harvey Michael Ross of Leeds, who for years was the most competitively priced UK bullion dealer, and also the darling of the financial press whenever they commented about sourcing gold sovereigns or Krugerrands.

This thread contains some information:

Basically Harvey Ross was running a Ponzi type scheme, and ended up disappearing to Brazil, owning £ millions to investors and customers.

If I were purely motivated by money, I could have made about 10x more than I have in about 1/10th of the time, without doing anything illegal, just by being less transparent, ethical, and scrupulously accurate with descriptions.

And by offering free postage to all...

Actual free postage, not 'free' postage... 😄