• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

On 18/07/2022 at 20:10, Paul said:

My Hoover will be turbo charged again, after this month is over and my July tax payments  has been paid 

Same pal. Big bonus month this month too. 😁 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

13 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Next stop sub £1400 🤞🤞

You take that back,or next stop is you buying bunk beds for me to come and live

11 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I must apologise. This is all my fault for buying a double sovereign at £746 almost a fortnight ago...

By the time mine is delivered, they will likely be free.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The G7 has put a ban on importing Russian gold. They think this will hurt Russia's war effort. This was fully adopted yesterday and gold came under attack following this.

$1671.70 is viewed at the probable target and would represent the take off point back in June 2020 - so a full gap close. i give the USD price b/c gold is priced in USD and the paper markets are USD. 

The idea that Russia cares and it will damage Russia is a delusion. They imagine that the G7 is the only Russian gold buyer - the Global South is the buyer of physical gold. Less gold going into the West simply reduces the physical available to spin out the paper game. A falling gold price helps Russia. There is an oil for gold trade. Lower gold prices means more gold is needed to buy the oil. More gold for Russia - and there are always willing buyers of physical gold which trades at 20% + premiums for large volumes. 

i also hear there is Ukrainian gold appearing on the market - the Ukrainian states gold is being sold off. Might as well totally destroy that country. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

ECB raises rates for first time in over a decade

The European Central Bank has raised interest rates by a half percentage point — its first increase for more than a decade — while pledging to prevent rising borrowing costs from sparking a eurozone debt crisis amid political turmoil in Italy.

🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, SidS said:

Wow half a percentage point... And that will touch inflation how?

Haven't you been listening? It will control inflation completely - the rest is due to Putin.
Things have got so bad it has given President Brandon cancer - the poor guy he can't remember what cancer but it is Putin's fault.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

26 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

ECB raises rates for first time in over a decade

The European Central Bank has raised interest rates by a half percentage point — its first increase for more than a decade — while pledging to prevent rising borrowing costs from sparking a eurozone debt crisis amid political turmoil in Italy.

🤔

ECB raising interest rates… the Greeks are knackered

The Greek economy has been that way since the late 2000s, all the Sovereign debt crisis measures have only masked or put a lid on it for a while. The whole euro concept will be either dead or in its death throes within the next 10-15 years I believe. It can't survive in its present form.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

You're welcome any time mucker .... You know where I live 🤣🤣. It's gone back up a little so you never know. It's like a roller coaster atm! 

Glad you have that mindset..look out you're back window 🙋‍♂️😬

A roller coaster is right, next stop £1900 😂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip