• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 13/10/2022 at 20:52, Solachesis said:

İf I wasn't skint, I would buy this. No one has bid on it, and the price is very good, 1909 Mehmet V turkish  100 kurush coin, weighs 7.2g and is 22k. 

1 day 15 hrs left, think it's gone under the radar, I spent months trying to find ottoman Turkish gold from bullion dealers with no luck, 

Thought it was worth posting 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225195853093?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=59itnc2RQge&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=z1wqlu01szc&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Looks a nice coin it was unsold with no bids , maybe worth contacting the seller or wait for it to be relisted 😃

49 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Useful. Thank you. Anyone bought one at this price? 

just got one for £1521  fingers crossed its not all scuffed up 🙏

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

30 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

just got one for £1521  fingers crossed its not all scuffed up 🙏

Probably a good move, especially if US inflation stabilises  and perhaps falls back next year, as some US experts predict. Meanwhile the ride may be a bit bumpy, but these 2023 coins with the Queen's head won't be in production all that long, or so we are told. I nearly bought at £1516 this morning but wavered. It is after all a large chunk of money for someone like me, and probably for most people, I suppose.

1 minute ago, lst65 said:

Just bought one from Tavex. Last one with Queens head on for a 2023 coin..?! Had to do it 😂

I think the most numismatically interesting thing about the 2023 Britannia is that it is likely to be the only 2023 Royal Mint coin that will be produced with both monarchs on the obverse. All other 2023 coins will only be available with one or the other.

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Sold mine at retail and I genuinely don’t regret it. Lovely coin but…. 😅

On 18/10/2022 at 23:19, BullionBuyerUK said:

2023 Gold Britannia now available from tavex. Cheapest price I've seen anywhere 

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/gold/1-oz-britannia-gold-coin-2023/

Tavex are still the cheapest but now only £2 or so cheaper than Chards because they have been steadily pushing up the premium since their initial offer, which was worth having at the time. A reasonable move by any dealer, but nonetheless disappointing to say the least. I hope potential buyers will take notice.

2 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Tavex are still the cheapest but now only £2 or so cheaper than Chards because they have been steadily pushing up the premium since their initial offer, which was worth having at the time. A reasonable move by any dealer, but nonetheless disappointing to say the least. I hope potential buyers will take notice.

dynamic pricing unfortunately is the way of the future. whether its coins, bars, flights, hotels and now increasingly concerts and sporting events grrrrrr  😒

11 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I've just looked, and currently they are £7 cheaper then Chards. The spot price has gone up a bit today

14 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Isn't most of that increase spot?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

42 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Do you think if it drops that low there might be difficulties actually finding physical to buy?

Short term perhaps dealers will get a bit of a surge. If it steadies there for a while there'll be enough about. 

Private market there's always unforseen circumstances and opportunities that motivate someone to sell but generally I'd expect a lot of people to hold what they have unless they need to sell. As opposed to if price bumps up a couple hundred £ an oz where people might be inclined to think about the profit they have if they were to sell despite not necessarily needing to sell 

Surely if a company holds large amounts of gold or silver and the price keeps dropping, then they are not going to be selling their stuff if it starts impacting on their bottom line. Likewise, on here, anyone who has bought and held sovereigns, etc.  over a long period of time will be able to sell at cheaper prices and still do ok, however, if you bought recently, then unless you need the money, you’re going to hold on.