• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 10/01/2023 at 18:35, PapaLazarou said:
Best Price  for Gillick Sovs?

Do not just assume TSF prices are always the lowest. A little research can often save a considerable amount, especially if buying multiple coins. 

1957 Gillicks are currently offered by Bairds at £399 plus delivery. They also have more than competitive prices on other Gillicks.

On 10/01/2023 at 18:36, James32 said:

Forget to give credit to you gents on this one. Picked up a couple of 57’s and a couple of 59’s for less than £400 each (alright, a smidge over incl postage) but that’s the best price I’ve seen ever since QEII passed. Kudos gents, thank you 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, Jvc2858 said:

is that premium too much for young head sovereign? I'm new to this, that's why I am asking.

There's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. If it's just basic bullion for me I rather 5% or less. Approx £10 or £15 over 'intrinsic' value was fairly normal even through a lot of last year.

Premiums have been higher recently in general though so they've been difficult to find at that kind of price for a few months. I still buy a few sovs to keep ticking along but I've bought more 1 Oz recently instead due to premiums

Collectors often pay higher premiums for better examples, I'm talking bullion stacking. 

14 minutes ago, Jvc2858 said:

is that premium too much for young head sovereign? I'm new to this, that's why I am asking.

'Young head' as a term for sovereigns is used for Victoria Young Head sovereigns rather than Elizabeth Young heads, 

Young Victoria's are also often referred to as bun heads. 

Best value sovereigns are currently at about a 7-7.5% premium at dealers, so 9% on a 1957/1959 is rather good considering.

Edited by Orpster

That’s not too bad, however, like all dealers, their prices can be competitive one day and expensive the next. I always have a check around and compare, usually include Atkinsons, Bullion by Post and Chards. I have bought from Baird in the past.

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

There's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. If it's just basic bullion for me I rather 5% or less. Approx £10 or £15 over 'intrinsic' value was fairly normal even through a lot of last year.

Premiums have been higher recently in general though so they've been difficult to find at that kind of price for a few months. I still buy a few sovs to keep ticking along but I've bought more 1 Oz recently instead due to premiums

Collectors often pay higher premiums for better examples, I'm talking bullion stacking. 

The days of 5% premium on sovereigns are long gone, from dealers at least, RIP the good ol days :)

Hopefully they will return to us, but in the mean-time hopefully we will still see them on here

7 minutes ago, Orpster said:

'Young head' as a term for sovereigns is used for Victoria Young Head sovereigns rather than Elizabeth Young heads, 

Young Victoria's are also often referred to as bun heads. 

Best value sovereigns are currently at about a 7-7.5% premium at dealers, so 9% on a 1957/1959 is rather good considering.

I was referring to this deal on Baird web site:

Queen Victoria Young Head Gold Sovereign - St George Reverse | Baird & Co. (bairdmint.com)

18 minutes ago, Jvc2858 said:

Well I suppose it depends on what your after, if its just a generic Sovereign you are after perhaps look to something like this: 

https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-bullion-sovereigns-secondary-market/1990

Or other popular dealers

2 minutes ago, Jvc2858 said:

If your after young heads specifically try here, had a few of them recently and service is top class and their prices are the lowest I have found:

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/gold-sovereign-victoria-young-best-value#pi1

6 minutes ago, Fishface220 said:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/proof-sets/proof-half-sovereigns/queen-elizabeth-ii-memorial-half-sovereign-2022-gold-proof-coin/

So much for these being sold out.... that the 2nd dealer I’ve seen add stock to their site! 

They are everywhere on the Facebook groups, I suspect any that were left were sent to dealers with RM contracts to shift 

Some are doing them a few quid under rrp

27 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

Where said they were sold out? On the RM page they simply said will not be available (conveniently only in small text) from there website after the 31st. They hadn't sold out of some of the coins by that point

I stand corrected... I thought it said on the RM site that they sold out along with a few other bits. 

58 minutes ago, Algo said:

You guys think £1655 is fair for a 1 oz buffalo or would you wait for a dip? 

They seem to go a little under that on here from time to time. Saw one sell on a FB group earlier this week for £1,600

3 hours ago, Orpster said:

I reckon more like 9% on a buffalo these days, but dealers are around 12%.  But James has moved a lot of these so he is likely closer.

Yeah the highest I've paid for one is 1600 and i thought that was pricey, (given it's the most i've ever paid for a 1 oz coin). 

Noticed HGM were doing Gillick Sovereigns for £380 yesterday and now they are showing none available and price is up to £436 to match Atkinsons

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 hours ago, Spyder said:

Noticed HGM were doing Gillick Sovereigns for £380 yesterday and now they are showing none available and price is up to £436 to match Atkinsons

£391 at Baird and 57/59 varieties still at £400/395 respectively 👍🏼