• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Was browsing for a half sovereign and found est1897 selling Victoria shield half sovereigns for £210. Much lower than other places, yet their full sovs and normal date half sovereigns are pricier than the usual bullion dealers 

https://est1897.co.uk/products/22ct-gold-queen-victoria-half-sovereign-coin-1902?variant=41814889169082&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7CZBhDHARIsAPPWv3fvwi50yQS_CH3o9k-3DKXhXnRMbdlH6Aa65U70VTMsS8TqDo6xBAIaArczEALw_wcB

10 hours ago, Solachesis said:

Was browsing for a half sovereign and found est1897 selling Victoria shield half sovereigns for £210. Much lower than other places, yet their full sovs and normal date half sovereigns are pricier than the usual bullion dealers 

https://est1897.co.uk/products/22ct-gold-queen-victoria-half-sovereign-coin-1902?variant=41814889169082&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7CZBhDHARIsAPPWv3fvwi50yQS_CH3o9k-3DKXhXnRMbdlH6Aa65U70VTMsS8TqDo6xBAIaArczEALw_wcB

But it seems to be in very worn condition, which does Q.V. no favours at all (and it's an unflattering portrait of her to start with).

1 hour ago, RDHC said:

But it seems to be in very worn condition, which does Q.V. no favours at all (and it's an unflattering portrait of her to start with).

That's true, they had quite a few different dates of her including some younger heads, maybe they'll all be similar condition, or there might be one in better nick.

1 minute ago, Solachesis said:

That's true, they had quite a few different dates of her including some younger heads, maybe they'll all be similar condition, or there might be one in better nick.

Yes, I prefer the young head plus shield reverse design by some distance, and there are plenty of examples around, though those Q.V. sovereigns do seem to attract a premium.. 

This looks a good deal I think.

$3 USA Indian Head Princess 1854.

Rare, especially in UK.
Ex mount but seemingly great condition.

Very tempted tbh, but I have the USA coins I want already, this one has a heavy premium too, more for a collector.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225164810090

Edited by MikeGTA

2022 Piedforts back in stock at Chards at mint issue price:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-piedfort-gold-proof-sovereign-platinum-jubilee/16348

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2022-piedfort-gold-proof-sovereign-platinum-jubilee/16348 

2022 piedfort sovereign back in stock at original RRP 

Lol snap, jinx

2022 piedfort sovereign back in stock at original RRP 

You have the same stock alert set up as me I am guessing - I decided against these after setting the alert up, just cannot decide on a double thickness sovereign but thinking no at moment

Just now, Orpster said:

You have the same stock alert set up as me I am guessing - I decided against these after setting the alert up, just cannot decide on a double thickness sovereign but thinking no at moment

In all honesty.... I think these will come into their own eventually. So much going for it. Only 1/3 the mintage of the single full and RRP of the piedfort is close to what a standard proof is selling for ATM . Mind boggles but each to their own 

5 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

In all honesty.... I think these will come into their own eventually. So much going for it. Only 1/3 the mintage of the single full and RRP of the piedfort is close to what a standard proof is selling for ATM . Mind boggles but each to their own 

But then as a raw coin, one could end up getting a less than perfect one and I have seen them struggle to sell. 

I think people aren't willing to pay more than 12-1300 for these but the single sells for over 800. Weird 

2 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

But then as a raw coin, one could end up getting a less than perfect one and I have seen them struggle to sell. 

I think people aren't willing to pay more than 12-1300 for these but the single sells for over 800. Weird 

I've seen some singles go for over £1k. The piedfort is pretty new so gotta give them time. In my own honest opinion the piedforts are easily worth £1600 in a few months but that's just my feeling. One of the last chances to get a QE2 proof ever again. 

I've seen some singles go for over £1k

I think the hype will die down quick enough 🤷‍♂️

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

14 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Same.... But I do think there's going to be a decent premium in them frim now on.

Agree 100%. Hype might die down, but 2022 proofs of any size are almost guaranteed to have a high premium in years to come - something i could not say about gimmick RM money grabbing editions like Queens Beasts reverse proofs (very different to the original QB), or Tudor Beasts, Music Legends, Bond, etc. etc. Sure, these are also money grabbing products, but variations of sovereigns have WAY more demand, and always will, demand for these will keep increasing and supply is not.

38 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

Atkinson’s offering to buy selected coins at 1% over spot. How cute . https://atkinsonsbullion.com/sell-to-us/sell-to-us-gold-special-offer

Taking the psss, but they know a lot of people have held them since they were half the price today, or have been gifted them in wills.