• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

12 hours ago, Allgoldcoins said:

So the coin struck to celebrate the work of Pistrucci, can't even manage to strike his name on the coins :

Shocking, truly shocking and it's not just one of them either!

pistrucci.jpg

It's the great engravers showing they are not so great at engraving 

Edited by Paul

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

By the way, I’ve heard many people mispronounce the name Pistrucci.

It’s pronounced with a -CHEE ending, not -KEY.

I think it’s important to pronounce foreign names correctly so I’ll try to remember that he’s a CHEE and not a KEY.

Piedfort (P-A-4) and pie fort spring to mind. Sorry to see the state of the coin you received by the way.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

Absolutely zero surprise. This is why I havent bought anything from the RM in years. This design brought me out for a nibble but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever trust the RM again going forward, looking at this avalanche of appalling coins with unbelievable shoddy levels of both production and quality control. It takes a special kind of incompetence to fail at multiple check points in the process.

Edited by Oldun

I don’t believe any RM coin will be absolutely perfect (down to microscopic detail).  But, these obvious imperfections are inexcusable.  The RM used to have decent QC.  But, with their continuous non-stop new coin after new coin, there is no time for QC other than a quick glance.

21 hours ago, JeffM said:

Such a shame on an otherwise beautiful coin.  That’s why I now prefer to get all my RM coins from a reputable dealer, who checks the coins before sending them to me.  Cannot trust the RM for QC.

The trust of our customers is fundamental to our business... " - Royal Mint

So apart from a couple of coins, the GE series is a complete RM QC failure. I wonder if they have enough to replace the ‘faulty’ ones or do they just send out the returned ones and keep their fingers crossed.

That Milky one is probably the worst coin to not be seen as substandard I’ve ever seen. Missing Pistrucci lettering on the Gold should cost someone their job.😡

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

3 hours ago, 9x883 said:

.Tudor Beasts Flop

.Monarchs discontinued 

.Bond Coins Flop 

.GE Thin Ice

.Pop Stars?!

.Star Wars?

Don't get me started on the dinosaurs. These collections are beginning to look like mail order pull outs!

In a choice of milky silver or pink gold. It's a great time to be buying RM coins. 

78av.gif

Well I’m a long time lurker but decided to create an account to finally have my day on this. I have an account manager at Royal Mint, I spend a lot with them every year. And this is what I received as my 2oz Gold Pistrucci…… the wonkiest edge I’ve ever seen on a coin! 

Needless to say I went a bit bonkers at my account manager. I was also one of the cancelled 5oz Petition crown customers so I had a fair amount to say. Not sure I have an account manager anymore hah! But seriously £5.5k for that? Seriously close to giving up with RM

IMG_6487.jpeg

On 29/03/2024 at 23:44, Bullionhoarder said:

Well I’m a long time lurker but decided to create an account to finally have my day on this. I have an account manager at Royal Mint, I spend a lot with them every year. And this is what I received as my 2oz Gold Pistrucci…… the wonkiest edge I’ve ever seen on a coin! 

Needless to say I went a bit bonkers at my account manager. I was also one of the cancelled 5oz Petition crown customers so I had a fair amount to say. Not sure I have an account manager anymore hah! But seriously £5.5k for that? Seriously close to giving up with RM

IMG_6487.jpeg

You should have kept that as a mint error it's so bad!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I have spoken with my RM Account manager (no, I don’t have one) and he has offered me the Gold 2oz fresh from QC. He was extremely excited to offer me this opportunity. What do you think is best- left or right? 
Get ready for another 70 graded me thinks!

IMG_1190.jpeg

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 minutes ago, NGMD said:

I have spoken with my RM Account manager (no, I don’t have one) and he has offered me the Gold 2oz fresh from QC. He was extremely excited to offer me this opportunity. What do you think is best- left or right? 

IMG_1190.jpeg

Send them to NGC and you will get a 70* - those clowns would grade a chocolate coin 70 if sent one in. 

On 29/03/2024 at 23:44, Bullionhoarder said:

That’s awful. If it is any consolation my account manager has changed about three times in the past few months. The last one ignored my emails and the new one is offering me items that I have never previously expressed an interest in. Sales rather than collector support. Poor, very poor. 

On 23/03/2024 at 16:52, Chrisplym said:

I am so pleased that I bought this coin. The design looks so good in hand.

Here are some photos of my 2oz gold. I was lucky enough to have a low COA number of 8.

It looks great but has some curved indentations around the edge of the obverse between 12 and 3 o’clock. Does anyone know what has caused this? Should I return it to be replaced? Thanks for your input.

B3E610D8-FC41-4162-85BB-C2CF41F09DC9.jpeg

55365BEC-3312-4D9F-A024-0CF47C6E9769.jpeg

C9B303D3-EB7A-4CF3-AD25-C569F712F8C4.jpeg

Decided that I am going to keep this coin. It is such a beautiful coin and I love it! So glad that I bought it.

Thanks @Paul, @paulmerton and @GoldDiggerDave for your much valued input.

On 31/03/2024 at 16:17, NGMD said:

IMG_1190.jpeg

I've seen better..,

On 31/03/2024 at 16:17, NGMD said:

IMG_1190.jpeg

Beautiful.. wish mine looked that good...

17 minutes ago, slack said:

Beautiful.. wish mine looked that good...

As reassurance to people who have bought the new range and concerned about QC at the Mint, I can share the modern facilities and cutting edge technology in every coin produced. 
You’re in safe hands❤️

IMG_1216.jpeg

-Royal Mint 2024