• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

On 24/04/2024 at 16:21, zennor said:

I received an email yesterday saying that my 2oz silver is on its way. I'm pretty stressed about it but we shall see. 

It seems ok, nothing obvious wrong with it using a magnifying glass. 

11 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Any results on the silver 2oz and 5oz ? 

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/s5pnd/

If you scroll down you can see the figures for the 2oz 6-68   105-69   and  192-70 

I think there is 42 5oz  at 70 and also 1   10oz at 70.

There may be others in different cats on NGC 

Edited by Wampum

On 26/04/2024 at 19:10, Wampum said:

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/s5pnd/

If you scroll down you can see the figures for the 2oz 6-68   105-69   and  192-70 

I think there is 42 5oz  at 70 and also 1   10oz at 70.

There may be others in different cats on NGC 

Hi i scrolled down the page I’m not sure if I need my eyes testing please can you show me screenshot of the 10 oz 

1 hour ago, Steve66 said:

Hi i scrolled down the page I’m not sure if I need my eyes testing please can you show me screenshot of the 10 oz 

Hi sorry I had just pulled the figures for the 5 and 10 oz, you can find them here 

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/s10pnd/

On these pages you can also change between MS and PF in the top right hand corner.

39 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

image.thumb.png.f876bfe484d62c9913647872f9874dbb.png

Results back in.......Golds are 100% so far and the silvers are around 50/50 which is very good IMO considering.  

image.thumb.png.5345f3017c7344891ec79b9acd09fd2d.pngimage.thumb.png.e18667dfff5ce62caa17ae386783fbe4.png

Dave, did you conserve it before submitting to NGC?

22 minutes ago, JohnV66 said:

Dave, did you conserve it before submitting to NGC?

Yes, it had the hairy black fur on the coin and god knows where that comes  from as there’s none in the packaging.   Also removed a small spot on another 2oz gold…..that got the grade as well….handling these are very tricky as they are a total SOB to get out of the RM capsule not just the hex key there’s a clear rubber buffer/fixing in the capsule to keep it tight and it’s wedged in super tight you almost need a crowbar to get the coin out.

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

3 hours ago, Paul said:

https://www.thecoinconnection.co.uk/product/2023-great-engravers-pistrucci-2oz-200-gold-proof-coin/

Coin connection have a 2oz gold showing as available/in stock if anyone feeling flush £££ 

pretty much RRP of launch £5545

Alas not. Tried to add but doesn’t go in the basket. Guess it sold already and site not updated

6 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Alas not. Tried to add but doesn’t go in the basket. Guess it sold already and site not updated

7 minutes ago, JamesH said:

That's a shame. Cheapest I've seen one offered since launch 

On 03/05/2024 at 21:43, Wampum said:

NGC is now showing that all 27 Gold coins graded have came back at PFMA 70.

Silver is not looking so good with 392 2oz graded only 207 have reached a PF 70. The First releases where the worst with 109 below PF70 and only 89 making PF70 

Mate the success rate for these silver is fantastic compared  to other 2oz silvers 

6 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Mate the success rate for these silver is fantastic compared  to other 2oz silvers 

I was making the comparison solely on the George and the Dragon Silver and Gold with the gold being 100% with regards to around 50%  for the Silver.

To be honest the success rate for any Royal mint Proof coin is abysmal, chances a getting a PF 70 is more lottery than Royal Mint Quality control.   

If you even look at the last G & D in 2013,the chances off a PF 70 worked out at around 86% if you go by NGC figures without any of the other graders, which is reasonable for a premium product.

I think that on the back of the 2 oz alone grossing £811250, fantastic would have been a 90% success rate at PF70.

The Royal Mint seems to have lost the quality control that they did once have, in favour of producing quantity, which also in some ways has watered down the numismatic collectibility   

Personally I have just sent back my 2 oz back again for gouge marks amongst other reasons for another replacement.